2020 KTM 390 Adventure interest?

Popped in yesterday to nose around. Only problem is I couldn't find anything on my newest toy the 390A. 

Would you like to know more about it? Do you have one and want to do stuff to it?

Would you like to compare upgrades, or look for good deals on 390 parts?

So far, I've added the 790R windscreen, Cycra brush guards, PSR clamp on mirrors, and pivotpegz. pics to follow.

• Like 1

Just purchased a KTM 390 Adventure also. Very little info out there on this bike because it’s so new.??? No owner’s manual....said they would send it when it comes in. Anyway, not too sure how to operate settings and don’t even know what oil to use. I know I can call dealer (145 miles away) and find these things out but an owner’s manual would be nice...

lovin the bike so far...it’s replacing my WR250R that I drowned in a water crossing and was totaled because repairs cost more than bike was worth ...2008 wr250r

On 8/8/2020 at 7:29 AM, zyberzoo said:

Just purchased a KTM 390 Adventure also. Very little info out there on this bike because it’s so new.??? No owner’s manual....said they would send it when it comes in. Anyway, not too sure how to operate settings and don’t even know what oil to use. I know I can call dealer (145 miles away) and find these things out but an owner’s manual would be nice...

lovin the bike so far...it’s replacing my WR250R that I drowned in a water crossing and was totaled because repairs cost more than bike was worth ...2008 wr250r

Since the engine is based upon the 390 duke, I'd assume the oil requirement would be the same?

https://www.ktm.com/ktmgroup-storage/20_3214123_en_OM.pdf

Looks like 15w/50 meeting JASO MA standards. Take a look at Maxima Pro4 Plus w/ PEAC. As goods as Motorex, but nicer to your wallet.

28 minutes ago, zyberzoo said:

Thanks Guys...think you’re right...first KTM...never had to deal with the screens?

I spray mine with a little degreaser, rinse with hot water, then blow them from the inside out. I only replace them when they are beginning to look a little worn. Otherwise I reuse them. You'll get used to them. No biggie for sure.

• Like 1

I, Too have been interested in the KTM390. Thinking about ditching my ADV rigged DRZ400 for the more travel worthy 390 but I'm concerned that this bike is going to feel like a whale compared to the 400 and the video reviews make me think the engine is very boring and this is basically just a beginner bike. What are your impressions after owning the bike for a while? also please share if this is your first bike.. TIA!

Pics a loadin' I'm just south of ATL, and currently learning about the South Eastern  Adventure Trail, or SEAT. So far, I'vedone some of the west side near Opelika, AL, and last weekend, from Long Creek, SC over West to Ellijay, Ga; about 120 miles on that last trip. Next weekend, on Sunday, I will be doing the East Side from Near Lake Hartwell, SC down to Augusta or so.  More pics to follow. For more information, don't forget to checkout FB 390 Adventure page, or ADVRider.com on the 390 adventure and 390 adventure owners grouP(I don't know why there are 2)

KIMG0690.JPG

PivotPeggz spring loaded pegs that rotate. Not sure if they are entirely worth the $169, it's more of an answer to a question not yet asked., but wth, they work. They tilt forward, and backward, so that's less to worry about...

KIMG0683.JPG

Thanks for all the pics and info. Had my. 390. Adventure less than a week but really enjoying it. It replaced my WR250R that I “drowned” in May. Very little info and parts available as yet. Bike is too new....keep it coming?

Edited by zyberzoo
Mis spelling

On 8/12/2020 at 9:27 PM, Jimbobvfr said:

Pics a loadin' I'm just south of ATL, and currently learning about the South Eastern  Adventure Trail, or SEAT. So far, I'vedone some of the west side near Opelika, AL, and last weekend, from Long Creek, SC over West to Ellijay, Ga; about 120 miles on that last trip. Next weekend, on Sunday, I will be doing the East Side from Near Lake Hartwell, SC down to Augusta or so.

So you’re pretty happy with its performance on the adventure trail? I’ve been away from riding for decades, and am thinking about this bike or a DR650. I’d be on local roads 95%+ of the time, but want to ride rough Jeep roads occasionally.