Sign in to follow this  

Rocks suck

A few weekends ago I crashed, and went over the bars of my DRZ on a rocky trail that is part of the loop I ride. I knocked the wind out of myself, cracked 2 ribs, ruined the can on my Yosh pipe, and scratched my new Shoei helmet. Last weekend the ribs were finally feeling good enough to ride again, so I took my KX250 out and rode the 60 mile loop without any problems. Today though I did the same loop, and on the same rocky trail went over the bars again after clipping a hidden rock with my back tire :thumbsup:. So I have a bruise the size of a small pizza on my hip, and a huge bruise on my shoulder, the ribs are hurting again, and it hurts to turn my neck. The worst part is my poor KX, Ruined throttle housing and cable, bent the mounting bolt that holds the bar clamp to the triple clamp, bent my Fatbars, broke the right handguard, put a dandy dent in the pipe, and a matching one in the Spark arrestor, put a huge gash in the swingarm, and dinged the back rim. I was dead in the water about 10 miles from my truck with the throttle stuck wide open. I whipped out my trusty cell phone and was going to call my wife to come and get to me but the phone wouldnt call out due to "network difficulties". So luckily I had a fanny pack full of tools, and was able to cut the throttle cable in half by the bars, and strip enough of the cable away so I could get ahold of the wire with a pair of vise grips. So I was able to ride out with one hand on the bar, and the other pulling the vise grip towards me to go faster. Amazing what you can Jimmy up when facing a 10 mile walk back to the truck :awww:.

Hope everything's ok with you now...

Managed to bend a fatbar!!! That's a nasty crash... :thumbsup:

You were fortunate. What I found from personal experience is what seems like "10 miles" is usually more like 20! After cooking my KTM a few years back, I ended up hiking 18 miles out of the woods mostly in the dark (and I don't mean a little dark, it was like pitch!). Not fun! Initially I thought I was only 5 or 6 miles out, till after walking about 30 minutes, I came around a corner and could see a rock outcropping that I knew was 13 miles from my rig and it was between me and the rig!!! :awww: Fortunately it was summer, but since it was so dark I had to navigate the last 10+ miles by the sound of the gravel on my boots (which were a little too big "ouch")! I guess the moral of the story is never ride the trails alone with boots that are too big! :thumbsup: