interested in a new bike trying to find what’s right for me

I am an intermediate rider, i have been riding atvs my whole life. Learned on a Honda raptor 250. started to get into dirt bikes in the past year i have a ssr125 looking to up speed and power for a bigger bike. i am 16, 6’0, 160lbs anyone know if a cr125 would be a good bike for me or any recommendations?

Edited by Joseph Kinsch

My son is 15, 6’, and around 150 lbs. we first picked up a 4 stroke KTM 250. It was a little heavy for him. He’s now on a 125 smoker and loving it. A CR would be a good choice. So would a YZ, a KTM, or any of the other brands. 
If you can find a decent 200, those are great too!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 11:55 AM, Joseph Kinsch said:

I am an intermediate rider, i have been riding atvs my whole life. Learned on a Honda raptor 250. started to get into dirt bikes in the past year i have a ssr125 looking to up speed and power for a bigger bike. i am 16, 6’0, 160lbs anyone know if a cr125 would be a good bike for me or any recommendations?

A 125 is a pretty small bike for an adult. A beginner can ride a 250 they just need a decent amount of practice, I would go for a yz250f or if you don’t want something that big you can play it save and get a CRF 150, they are great bikes for beginners that aren’t looking for too much power