2020 Beta 390 RR-S Initial Impressions, Set-up & Mods

1 hour ago, severian said:

Yeah, I e-know the guy.

Interesting... Asked him back in May can he do it for 2020 4T Beta, he said he needs time, then I used to stock pegs and didn't ask again. Guess he did it, nice to know. My ridding buddy uses his lowered pegs on his KTM, he is more than happy. 

Thanks, will buzz him again. I am also in CEE region, very nearby.

He is spotty when it comes to communication. Not sure what is native language is, but he does often not understand English, and it takes a lot of back and forth.

I was bike #2 for his new 2020 Beta pegs. Mine was not perfect, and I had to grind a tiny bit here and there to get the springs to sit properly, and I had to and a washer to take up some slack, but Bosley's pegs are the only options that go down and not back. 

Well, the price is ok, also... Somewhere in line with DRC cheap low pegs (not existing for 2020 Betas, I had them on my former 2016 350rr). I would hate to pay Eur200+customs for Fastway pegs and then brake them on my first ride (again, been there, done that:)). 

Thanks.

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to 2020 Beta 390 RR-S Initial Impressions, Set-up & Mods
On 8/31/2020 at 9:22 PM, HeavyRotationClassic said:

All orange and white. No hondas or Yamaha's either. Dog Face last fall. Black Dog last spring there was an SXV, but no Beetas. No one likes them, no one buys them. 

Granted Orange dominates with a good number of White/Blues. But Beta is well represented. Check out my video of the 2019 Black Dog here: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craigster1952 said:

Granted Orange dominates with a good number of White/Blues. But Beta is well represented. Check out my video of the 2019 Black Dog here: 

Awesome. Can't believe anyone fit stopped on gasithill, I shot right up that on my 701, may have used one guy on an orange bike for traction.? That was my first ride back after I finished radiation treatment, was surviving on nothing but protien shakes and the will to live, really really missed it this year. Always such a fun event. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

On 9/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, Craigster1952 said:

That yammie sure is loud, couldn't take that all day. That event looks awesome, beautiful location. TX D/S riding sucks!

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

That event looks awesome, beautiful location.

Unfortunately,  there was a pretty significant wildfire there last month.  I haven't been able to get up there to assess damage yet,  but praying it wasn't impacted too badly.  It's an amazing area to ride with some cool history.  It's pretty cool riding down a section of the Oregon trail on your dirt bike realizing that wagons were once coming West for the first time on these trails! 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 3:13 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

It appears the brand new bike has a bad TPS. That's what it seems like to me.  It's back at the dealership.

Re-mapping did not change the symptoms:

At 1/8 throttle at 2000-3000 rpms, the bike hesitates, and will not climb in rpms, until you 'stab' through it with the  throttle.

Happens in all gears, always at the same rpm range and throttle range.  The more load, the worse it feels.

It took the dealer a couple of rides before he could 'feel' it.   Without a hill to test it on, you have to pay pretty close attention.

My 2020 had similar symptoms on first ride - took it back, was a loose wiring clip on the secondary fuel injector. Clipped it in until it clicked, and no issues since. Not sure it's what you had, but my symptoms were as follows (for others to see if encountering):

- starts up great

- rides until about 2k rpm with even and strong pull

- hits 3k or so and cuts out and drops power to almost nothing - scary if you are accelerating in 3rd for example

- gets some power back at 4k but you can tell it is running rough and not smooth

Now it starts up and pulls strong with no hiccups or hesitation all the way through the powerband and in all gears.

Has anyone looked into removing the ignition key and even potentially running a simplified wiring harness for the RR-S? I bought this bike versus the RE but don't have any intention of driving it around town, worried about the additional parts breaking and potentially leaving me stranded if I caught a misplaces branch to the number plate area - lots of wiring back there. Not the end of the world to keep it as it, but just curious.

If the ignition was removed, seems like there would need to be a way to cut off the power from the injectors and headlamp etc. Already stuck on a Sicass headlight switch to turn off the halogen light (was always on low with stock) but there is still another little light bulb in there that is always on - think it might be a xmas light or the turn signal out of my 1997 honda civic..

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:14 AM, Phil Gilles said:

Has anyone looked into removing the ignition key and even potentially running a simplified wiring harness for the RR-S? I bought this bike versus the RE but don't have any intention of driving it around town, worried about the additional parts breaking and potentially leaving me stranded if I caught a misplaces branch to the number plate area - lots of wiring back there. Not the end of the world to keep it as it, but just curious.

If the ignition was removed, seems like there would need to be a way to cut off the power from the injectors and headlamp etc. Already stuck on a Sicass headlight switch to turn off the halogen light (was always on low with stock) but there is still another little light bulb in there that is always on - think it might be a xmas light or the turn signal out of my 1997 honda civic..

Anyone?

Lots of posts on the subject. Do a search

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...