KRAYNIAL

Beta4Stroke 2020 Beta 390 RR-S Initial Impressions, Set-up & Mods

2 hours ago, NewEngland400 said:

My 500 did run pretty well right from the showroom.  I still put a 1k ecu in it though lol!  I guess they all have room for improvement.  

The beta having ecu issues is surprising considering I hear they are less restricted by the EPA.  You figure they would know how to give it perfect ratios by now.  Plus, they don’t need to recalculate for smog restrictions (as much as KTM does).

No one said that Beta is having ECU issues. You said it.

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

The only thing that is a common occurrence here is that the OP has issues with every Beta he's owned that do not exist for 99.9% of the rest of the Beta owner group.  

This is a lie, as we all know. Most of us here have experienced several problems, just like with any other bike.

Why this person continues to troll my posts  and tear down the troubleshooting process is beyone me.

Yet another thread ruined by FurFighter.

17 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

All RR-S models are registered street legal in all states.

That is only partially true. The California bikes are different and they have a sticker stating they are Cali legal. That is why I bought mine in Oregon. The dealer there tried to get me a California bike and Beta whole not ship him one. I was assured that the Cali bikes are only different in the mapping of the ECU. That might account for the hesitation noted here. Mine doesn't have any hesitation.

• Helpful 2

Just now, Craigster1952 said:

That is only partially true. The California bikes are different and they have a sticker stating they are Cali legal. That is why I bought mine in Oregon. The dealer there tried to get me a California bike and Beta whole not ship him one. I was assured that the Cali bikes are only different in the mapping of the ECU. That might account for the hesitation noted here. Mine doesn't have any hesitation.

I rode three bikes, and only mine had the hesitation. The other bikes were also brand new, but were already sold to customers.

I'm sure the only difference is the DOT equipment on the CA bikes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

No one said that Beta is having ECU issues. You said it.

I complimented your bike in the thread.  You were talking about all the remapping or resetting you had to have done to your ecu so I assumed that to mean your ecu wasn’t functioning 100%.  My stock ecu was programmed lean and would cause the bike to stall at full stops upon acceleration (sometimes rarely), so I related to your issue in my familiar way of considering it an “ecu issue”.  

Sounds like you’re very sensitive in regards to anyone thinking your Beta may have some hiccups in its design.  Well, my KTM can rip up sand dunes in 6th gear, so if you’re stalling out because you’re one gear too high that sounds like an ISSUE to me.  Maybe not ecu, maybe air, maybe gearing.  

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

They don't.  Owned the '17 390rrs which was flawless right off showroom floor.  Like any new bike, the motor is tight when new and after getting hours on them, they run perfect. I had  to do the passive reset a few times when new, but after 20hrs I only had to do it when going to extreme temperature or elevation changes.  

This is not a ECU issue,  the motor will loosen up. Anyone who's owned one understands the process.  

It's unfortunate that new or unaware Beta folks come here and read threads like this because it's NOT indicative of the experience that the vast majority of Beta owners have.  

The only thing that is a common occurrence here is that the OP has issues with every Beta he's owned that do not exist for 99.9% of the rest of the Beta owner group.  

You are a sensitive beta owner too aye?  Is it because the bike is period blood red?  

Edited by NewEngland400
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewEngland400 said:

I complimented your bike in the thread.  You were talking about all the remapping or resetting you had to have done to your ecu so I assumed that to mean your ecu wasn’t functioning 100%.  My stock ecu was programmed lean and would cause the bike to stall at full stops upon acceleration (sometimes rarely), so I related to your issue in my familiar way of considering it an “ecu issue”.  

Sounds like you’re very sensitive in regards to anyone thinking your Beta may have some hiccups in its design.

I consider the map and the ecu to be too separate things. Either, both, or neither can have issues.

I am not sensitive at all about the Beta brand. I have had BIG problems, which Beta has resolved and I have resolved. No bigger than with my KTM's however.

Just now, KRAYNIAL said:

I consider the map and the ecu to be too separate things. Either, both, or neither can have issues.

I am not sensitive at all about the Beta brand. I have had BIG problems, which Beta has resolved and I have resolved. No bigger than with my KTM's however.

Sure, the map is the software and the ecu is the hardware, basic computer 101.  

You said your brand new 12k bike won’t pull up big hills unless you’re cranking it and others chimed in agreeing.  So, you’re saying that all of you guys have bad ecus?  Because other riders can get up these big hills with the same map and ecu that you’re running?  Yea sure that makes sense.

Im still surprised that Beta doesn’t have a more dependable ecu going into their bike.  Unless you 2-3 guys who reported issue on the thread are of a small group.  

You’ve had bigger issues with your past KTM?  So, yea, try another brand and hope for better more consistent performance.  I’ll continue to buy the #1 rated dual sport thank you :).

• Like 1

Try to find a Beta that KRAN has owned and hasn't found a problem with that doesn't exist for everyone else.  You can't.  He's continued to perpetuate lies about each bike that doesn't exist for virtually every other Beta ower. This is just another in a long line of idiotic threads by a guy who is a clueless dirt bike owner.

When he couldn't figure out how to install an airfilter a couple of years ago,  it was clear to me that the problems presented by this guy are ALWAYS owner error. 

• Helpful 1

16 minutes ago, NewEngland400 said:

Sure, the map is the software and the ecu is the hardware, basic computer 101.  

You said your brand new 12k bike won’t pull up big hills unless you’re cranking it and others chimed in agreeing.  So, you’re saying that all of you guys have bad ecus?  Because other riders can get up these big hills with the same map and ecu that you’re running?  Yea sure that makes sense.

Im still surprised that Beta doesn’t have a more dependable ecu going into their bike.  Unless you 2-3 guys who reported issue on the thread are of a small group.  

You’ve had bigger issues with your past KTM?  So, yea, try another brand and hope for better more consistent performance.  I’ll continue to buy the #1 rated dual sport thank you :).

You are mis quoted me and others and putting words in my mouth.

No one but you has said that Beta has an undependable ECU.

It could be something as simple as a corrupt map, or a corrupt master program that needs flashing......or it could be a bad TPS, which is more likely, since I have had TPS's go bad before on KTM, Yamaha, and Beta.

I ride a minimum of 250 hours a year so my timeline of wear and issues is much more compressed than most peoples.

I don't know what 'number one rated' means. By whom, for what ?

If you mean reviews and popularity, that would be the 2019 KTM 500EXC.

Edited by KRAYNIAL
  • Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Try to find a Beta that KRAN has owned and hasn't found a problem with that doesn't exist for everyone else.  You can't.  He's continued to perpetuate lies about each bike that doesn't exist for virtually every other Beta ower. This is just another in a long line of idiotic threads by a guy who is a clueless dirt bike owner.

When he couldn't figure out how to install an airfilter a couple of years ago,  it was clear to me that the problems presented by this guy are ALWAYS owner error. 

What did I tell you.

He could not resist.

Has to troll.

He has to insult.

He knows everything about all Betas, especially mine.

Reported for trolling again..........

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

This is a lie, as we all know. Most of us here have experienced several problems, just like with any other bike.

Why this person continues to troll my posts  and tear down the troubleshooting process is beyone me.

Yet another thread ruined by FurFighter.

Cause he knows it all, ridden it all and done it all. Have you not figured out that he is smartest interweb dirtbiker on TT? 

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, firffighter said:

This is your problem How? You get involved with things that should not concern you. If you do not like his threads, than its very simple STAY AWAY FROM THEM. Reading the crap you post is like being in high school all over again.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

Cause he knows it all, ridden it all and done it all. Have you not figured out that he is smartest interweb dirtbiker on TT? 

Hilarious,  talk about irony! You are trolling this thread and have never owned the Beta 4-stroke.  Wouldn't expect anything less from the rage machine that is erica72:mad:

1 minute ago, Eric72 said:

You get involved with things that should not concern you. If you do not like his threads, than its very simple STAY AWAY FROM THEM

How about you follow that exact advice hypocrit. I owned the 390rrs for a year and a half. You have not owned one, so why are you getting triggered? 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

What did I tell you.

He could not resist.

Has to troll.

He has to insult.

The mods wont do anything about him trolling. He has sucked  cocks  of the adims and mods enough to be untouchable. Believe me as i know this first hand. If he disappeared no one would miss him. 

Edited by Eric72

17 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

What did I tell you.

He could not resist.

Has to troll.

He has to insult.

I'm sharing that what you are experiencing is not an ECU fault as experienced by myself, and the vast majority of other Beta 390rrs owners.  

You cannot separate someone who disagrees with your assessment of the issue from trolling which indicates you have extreme difficulty with opposing views. That's pretty narrow minded and if you were capable of listening to others you might find benefit from their experience.  But, you always refuse that route in favor of playing a victim of an inferior bike and/or components.  

But, hey, I'm sure this bike will be sold just like the inferior 300rr. 

5 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

The mods wont do anything about him trolling. He has sucked  cocks  of the adims and mods enough to be untouchable. Believe as i know this first hand. If he disappeared no one would miss him. 

That's your go to lately.  

Not once have I been warned, contacted a mod, or been contacted by a mod other than my inbox notices of "winning the day", and those are from fellow TT members appreciating your posts.  How many do you have? 

1 minute ago, firffighter said:

That's your go to lately.  

Not once have I been warned, contacted a mod, or been contacted by a mod other than my inbox notices of "winning the day", and those are from fellow TT members appreciating your posts.  How many do you have? 

I don`t  need to have WINNING Days on a internet forum to prove my self worth. My winning days you dont see and will never see cause i am actually out DOING something for the sport. Mouthing off on the internet like you do does nothing for the sport. 

3 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

I don`t  need to have WINNING Days on a internet forum to prove my self worth. My winning days you dont see and will never see cause i am actually out DOING something for the sport. Mouthing off on the internet like you do does nothing for the sport. 

Again,  more hypocrisy.  You're "mouthing off" on the internet right now!  :bonk:

So, you think you're the only guy here on TT who does something for the sport? You volunteer at a private riding property. Tons of others,  like myself volunteer for public use trails that benefit the entire riding community, not just a private group.  

BTW,  you accuse me of egocentric posts and here you are tooting your own horn about "doing something" for the sport.  More hypocrisy!

Hey KRAN, if you are truly interested in a solution make a video demonstrating when and where this power delivery issue occurs. 

Then, you can let others who own the same bikes help you diagnose the problem.