Jump to content
KRAYNIAL

Beta4Stroke 2020 Beta 390 RR-S Initial Impressions, Set-up & Mods

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Hey KRAN, if you are truly interested in a solution make a video demonstrating when and where this power delivery issue occurs. 

Then, you can let others who own the same bikes help you diagnose the problem.  

 

I'm sorry, I can't hear you.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

This has nothing to do with a a 'tight motor'. 

You make me SO ANGRY with your egocentric posts !

It's unfortunate that unaware posters like you come here and respond to threads like this, and tear down the basic passing on of information.

It's unfortunate that posters like you cannot help yourself but to post veiled insults and site every single thing you don't understand as the poster being 'a problem' owner.

Why must you insist on continuing to pollute every thread I post ?

Why can't you control yourself ?

 

Many others would like to know what I have experienced, and how to solve it.    Why can't you accept that?

I am reporting you for trolling, as you contributed NOTHING but your ego, again.

Next you will try and defend yourself, and further explain your 'position'.  

Really? Be specific.  

Another thread concerning a tech issue dissolving into a mental joust based on personalities and viewpoint. Not to mention egos.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, firffighter said:

They don't.  Owned the '17 390rrs which was flawless right off showroom floor.  Like any new bike, the motor is tight when new and after getting hours on them, they run perfect. I had  to do the passive reset a few times when new, but after 20hrs I only had to do it when going to extreme temperature or elevation changes.  

This is not a ECU issue,  the motor will loosen up. Anyone who's owned one understands the process.  

It's unfortunate that new or unaware Beta folks come here and read threads like this because it's NOT indicative of the experience that the vast majority of Beta owners have.  

The only thing that is a common occurrence here is that the OP has issues with every Beta he's owned that do not exist for 99.9% of the rest of the Beta owner group.  

 

 

 

 

True; bought my first Beta, 2020 390, runs perfect with 22 hrs. Replaced stock clutch lever with One Light Clutch, less sore finger issues. Will probably replace/ upgrade to FM pipe, that’s it.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Another thread concerning a tech issue dissolving into a mental joust based on personalities and viewpoint. Not to mention egos.

Thanks for you help with my running issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rocky4by said:

Wow this really sounds like 2020 Beta 390 new bike break-in symptoms to me. 

I concur...my 19-390 ran like absolute sh!t for the first 25 hours or so.  It really did.   I would not take it in for service until after 25-30 hours unless it won't start.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Another thread concerning a tech issue dissolving into a mental joust based on personalities and viewpoint. Not to mention egos.

Can't we all just get along?

I know Krannie...  although I haven't ridden with him in a long time.  I kinda like how he dissects everything on a bike.    I actually learn from him as well as others on here.   I take the parts I like, reject the parts I don't like, and ignore the parts that don't pertain to me.  

But, I do want to hear what he has to say... all of it.

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Thanks for you help with my running issue

There's plenty of willing people here that would be happy to help. 

All you have shared is that you "feel something" at a certain rpm and stated you believe it's a TPS issue.  

In order for anyone to actually help, you'd have to provide more concrete evidence as to this perceived problem.  As so many others here often do, a video that demonstrates the problem is crucial evidence that allows the community of fellow Beta owners to share and provide input. 

You've already received multiple comments suggesting that, when new, these bikes run inconsistently and after 20 or so hours the bikes run flawlessly.  Why not simply ride it and get some hours before assuming that you have a unique problem that no one else has experienced? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, firffighter said:

There's plenty of willing people here that would be happy to help. 

All you have shared is that you "feel something" at a certain rpm and stated you believe it's a TPS issue.  

In order for anyone to actually help, you'd have to provide more concrete evidence as to this perceived problem.  As so many others here often do, a video that demonstrates the problem is crucial evidence that allows the community of fellow Beta owners to share and provide input. 

You've already received multiple comments suggesting that, when new, these bikes run inconsistently and after 20 or so hours the bikes run flawlessly.  Why not simply ride it and get some hours before assuming that you have a unique problem that no one else has experienced? 

Thank you for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to be a smart ass and tell ya to try a smart carb... but it’s a new bike right? Put 20 hours on it fercryinoutloud and then dissect it,and yes there is a break in period for any new bike. Must nice to be able to buy a new bike every 6 months! What happened to the 300? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2milehighspike said:

I was going to be a smart ass and tell ya to try a smart carb... but it’s a new bike right? Put 20 hours on it fercryinoutloud and then dissect it,and yes there is a break in period for any new bike. Must nice to be able to buy a new bike every 6 months! What happened to the 300? 

The 300 is gone.

 Thanks for repeating the 'ignore it and ride it' solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

The 300 is gone.

 Thanks for repeating the 'ignore it and ride it' solution.

My 300 STILL rips, no smart carb no bs. It ain’t the bikes bro. Glad I could help! Have a nice day!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 2milehighspike said:

My 300 STILL rips, no smart carb no bs. It ain’t the bikes bro. Glad I could help! Have a nice day!

Oh yea, I Frkn LOVE my rekluse! You should try it😝

Edited by 2milehighspike
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Thanks for you help with my running issue

I offered you no help. But I did post an observance of how some Beta threads concerning "issues" take a turn. I pointed at no one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

I concur...my 19-390 ran like absolute sh!t for the first 25 hours or so.  It really did.   I would not take it in for service until after 25-30 hours unless it won't start.

Every other bikes break in period: letting the valves seat, changing the oil early in case of micro particles, not going more than 1/3 throttle for 10-15 hours.  

Betas break in period:  a. able to hill climb, b. doesn’t run like a 1999 two stroke found in a shed, if a&b occur then it’s most likely not a malfunctioning ecu.  All this magic @ 20 hours.

No forreal though, your Beta is sick man!  I’m sure with some simple tuning and breaking in it will rip.  

I apologize, this thread is just too funny!!  If it makes any difference my next bike will either be a KTM, Beta, or Sherco 300.  So, I hate with love 🙂

Edited by NewEngland400
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm interested in Kran's input, he's got more hours and experience than any of us. His style is a little different, I'm fine with that.

 My input: My 500 was terribly tight at first and it affected the lower rpm range the most, obviously with more throttle or lower gear less problem. It makes me wonder if the race teams run fresh engines, it seems like that would be a problem. This is Kran's 3rd Beta 4t (1st new gen) so I don't think break in is new to him. As he mentioned, he rode 2 other bikes for comparison with no issue. It won't take him long to get past the 20 hour mark. 

Kran has had plenty of TPS experience and was perhaps the 1st to "reveal" the passive reset. There have been issues with FI fueling, mostly high idle IIRC?

If it was MY bike, I'd clean the pilot jet 🙂

I wasn't too focused on his engine issue, he's just giving feedback at this point in the project. I WAS really impressed that he complimented the stock suspension after having ridden so many different setups. I'm really wanting to hear about the perceived handling differences between the new 2t and 4t chassis (and was surprised Beta didn't add a chain link to the 4t with the longer swingarm) and the climbing ability of the 4t vs the 300. 

I would encourage those who are familiar with Kran's style to moderate their comments accordingly.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, firffighter said:

The only thing that is a common occurrence here is that the OP has issues with every Beta he's owned that do not exist for 99.9% of the rest of the Beta owner group.  

 

The OP is free to criticize his bike to see if there is room for improvement. Beta isn't your firstborn child, so why so sensitive about it? It's possible that your reality isn't someone else's and you don't know 99.9% of all Beta owners and what they really think of their bikes? If your bikes have run perfect from the factory, that's great! Someone else might not feel the same based upon their past experiences. Those reading this forum are capable of reading a wide range opinions and deciding for themselves. It just seems like you're defending the brand like you own stock in Beta and anything negative might affect your income. If he doesn't think his Beta is the bomb, so what? It doesn't change a thing for anyone that loves their bike as it came. Trying to avoid topics turning into pissing matches that in fact DO cause others to bow out of discussion.

  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

The OP is free to criticize his bike to see if there is room for improvement. Beta isn't your firstborn child, so why so sensitive about it? It's possible that your reality isn't someone else's and you don't know 99.9% of all Beta owners and what they really think of their bikes? If your bikes have run perfect from the factory, that's great! Someone else might not feel the same based upon their past experiences. Those reading this forum are capable of reading a wide range opinions and deciding for themselves. It just seems like you're defending the brand like you own stock in Beta and anything negative might affect your income. If he doesn't think his Beta is the bomb, so what? It doesn't change a thing for anyone that loves their bike as it came. Trying to avoid topics turning into pissing matches that in fact DO cause others to bow out of discussion.

No problem.  I'll not further comment on this thread concerning the Beta 390RRS if that's what you are trying to say. 

Just curious Bryan,  so me making comments here as a 390RRS owner myself criticizing this mystery problem,  and plenty of others made similar comments regarding these bikes needing break in before diagnosis, that garners you coming here to comment towards me? But me being accused of "sucking your cock" multiple times from another member is something you decided not to comment on? 

Just trying to understand the standard.

If there's no room to criticize KRAN'S reported issue that he provided no proof of and no one else has experienced, and he simply runs to you and says I'm trolling,  then I think we're not leaving much room for opposing views. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, firffighter said:

No problem.  I'll not further comment on this thread concerning the Beta 390RRS if that's what you are trying to say. 

Just curious Bryan,  so me making comments here as a 390RRS owner myself criticizing this mystery problem,  and plenty of others made similar comments regarding these bikes needing break in before diagnosis, that garners you coming here to comment towards me? But me being accused of "sucking your cock" multiple times from another member is something you decided not to comment on? 

Just trying to understand the standard.

If there's no room to criticize KRAN'S reported issue that he provided no proof of and no one else has experienced, and he simply runs to you and says I'm trolling,  then I think we're not leaving much room for opposing views. 

 

 

 

Please give it a rest, this whole thing is juvenile and tiring, there are a lot of folks contributing to this fact, be the better person and bow out gracefully and hopefully a few other will follow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...