Jaime Espinoza

ATV Noob - WA trail recommendations

Gonna go ride ATVs for the first time with a group of 6 friends for my 30th birthday on Sept 26th near Cle Elum. Renting from fullthrottleclub.com in wenatchee and hauling a trailer. Having trouble finding trails, is there gps maps/apps out there? I've found is this fs.usda pdf map which I found trails on page 11. So is the procedure to save this pdf on my phone when navigating trails?

Anyway do you experience folks have some recommendations on trails? Did some lurking on this forum and heard Manastash trailhead and Riders Camp are recommended for beginners, but it's also recommended for kids and I rather it not be thaaat easy. Also it's interesting because it says manastash trailhead is open but manastash ridge and lake are "Status: Not Cleared". So does that mean I can start the trail but have to quit halfway and turn around?

Any advice appreciated. 😅

You guys renting kwads? Let us know what model, we can recommend a good beer pairing. Mostly what you wanna do on an ATV is practice donuts at the staging area for a couple hours to get a feel for the machine, followed by some max speed runs up and down the gravel roads until you can find a field or meadow to mud bog on. The trails aren't really fun on a kwad or SxS, too many snotty dudes hauling ass on Orange bikes. Download Avenza on your phone, then use it to open the map pdfs you find, they'll save automatically and you can navigate in real time with tracking. "Not Cleared" means bring a saw to cut trees out of your way. 

Edited by HeavyRotationClassic
  • Helpful 1

On 8/27/2020 at 4:26 PM, Jaime Espinoza said:

Gonna go ride ATVs for the first time with a group of 6 friends for my 30th birthday on Sept 26th near Cle Elum. Renting from fullthrottleclub.com in wenatchee and hauling a trailer. Having trouble finding trails, is there gps maps/apps out there? I've found is this fs.usda pdf map which I found trails on page 11. So is the procedure to save this pdf on my phone when navigating trails?

Anyway do you experience folks have some recommendations on trails? Did some lurking on this forum and heard Manastash trailhead and Riders Camp are recommended for beginners, but it's also recommended for kids and I rather it not be thaaat easy. Also it's interesting because it says manastash trailhead is open but manastash ridge and lake are "Status: Not Cleared". So does that mean I can start the trail but have to quit halfway and turn around?

Any advice appreciated. 😅

Most FS ORV trails don't allow ATVs (but do allow motorcycles).

Edited by shrubitup