2021 Beta 200rr review

22 minutes ago, 88pma said:

I have a deposit on a 250 but am having second thoughts on the 200.  Any opinion on 250 vs 200?  I have a 19 250, this would be for my kid but borrowed by me here and there. I keep bikes for years so this would be long term investment and am nervouse about him out growing it.  200 is about 14 pounds lighter according to listed specs. Would you notice this?  He is 5`9  125 coming of a kx 100.

I would definitely go with the 200rr for your son. 

My boys all went from KX100's to KTM or Gasgas 200's. They are 21 and 24 now and still on their 200's and both are solid B Enduro riders. 

The 200, as SDR and others have mentioned,  is no slouch.  It's a legitimate Enduro woods weapon.  

I love riding my brother's 250rr, but my next Beta will be the 200rr.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 88pma said:

I have a deposit on a 250 but am having second thoughts on the 200.  Any opinion on 250 vs 200?  I have a 19 250, this would be for my kid but borrowed by me here and there. I keep bikes for years so this would be long term investment and am nervouse about him out growing it.  200 is about 14 pounds lighter according to listed specs. Would you notice this?  He is 5`9  125 coming of a kx 100.

My Son started riding 19 months ago at age 14. KX85, GasGas TXT250 Pro (fail), KX100, KTM 350 XCF (fail), and now a 07 Husaberg FE450 lowered 2.5 inches (win!). He's 5'7" and 150 pounds. He's rode both of my 300s so a 05 KTM 300 EXC and a 15 Beta 300RR. He didn't like how snappy the 300s were even though he was plenty used to two stroke from the KX100. He didn't like the weight/height of the KTM 350 or that it had very little low end power. Even though the Husaberg is 267.8 pounds ready to ride (all fluids installed), the fact that it has been lowered and the power isn't overly abrupt makes him like it the best.

Weight is important but how it's carried on the bike is more important. You may be able to save some money on the 250 over the 200 but the 200 may have less snap compared to the 250 so that may be a better fit power wise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 88pma said:

Since you have a 250 already I would lean towards the 200. You may even like it and your kid will end up with the 250. The 200 will have a softer power delivery but is still fast. You can tell the difference on the weight too.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

16 minutes ago, NoitatorYvaeh said:

My buddy who refused to listen to anyone and bought an 08 CRF450R to learn on invested in one recently. and a rekluse lol. He says it helps a lot. I put quarter turn tubes on all my stuff. 

I just bought a 2021 300beta rr thinking about trading it in for a 200rr 

the 300 is so snappy it crazy ! I went over backwards out of nowhere one minute I’m riding the next I’m looking at the sky ! WTF crash!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Nivekrr300 said:

I just bought a 2021 300beta rr thinking about trading it in for a 200rr 

the 300 is so snappy it crazy ! I went over backwards out of nowhere one minute I’m riding the next I’m looking at the sky ! WTF crash!! 

I bought mine last Thursday, same bike. It's not too bad on the smooth map but it's definitely bitey on the angry map. Pretty controllable to me, but I've been flogging the shit out of an old YZ250 on enduro stuff for a couple years. The 300 feels like a nuclear powered armchair by comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, SDR_rider said:

Since you have a 250 already I would lean towards the 200. You may even like it and your kid will end up with the 250. The 200 will have a softer power delivery but is still fast. You can tell the difference on the weight too.

This is what I am thinking. Then when or if he leaves the house in five years have a 200 and 250. Win win.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, highmarker said:

Could make the oil tank a coolant recovery tank ?

People have done this, but really you do not need to with these bikes. Neither of my betas have run fans and i have never had one boil over. It was about 95 out a few weeks ago in second gear SDR single track and my 200 ran flawless. The 18 500exc i had a couple years ago got really hot and the fan would run none stop. Never had a problem or felt the need to run a fan out a recovery tank with the betas i have owned.

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric72 said:

People have done this, but really you do not need to with these bikes. Neither of my betas have run fans and i have never had one boil over. It was about 95 out a few weeks ago in second gear SDR single track and my 200 ran flawless. The 18 500exc i had a couple years ago got really hot and the fan would run none stop. Never had a problem or felt the need to run a fan out a recovery tank with the betas i have owned.

Only boiled my Beta twice in three years. Each time it had super lean jetting, hotter plug, brush crawling through un-trails, and hot ambient temps. Used to boil the KTM 300 easy until I installed a fan. No fan on my Beta 300.

• Like 1

I got fans on all my Betas Ive boiled them all. Betas boil less than other bikes but depending on conditions  all bikes can and will  boil. Especially in the no wind,no movement  slippery muddy full of gnar obstacles filled trails are where bikes boil.  If riding regular trails and you don’t boil then no problem. For me and riding here I put a fan and other cooling mods right from the start. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

16 hours ago, Nivekrr300 said:

What set up do you have on the power valve? 
mine was yellow spring all the way out .

All the way out would imply free to open up early which might explain it trying to rip your arms off all the time.  Try adjusting it in a turn and see if that doesn't calm you down.

9 hours ago, SDR_rider said:

Added the most important accessorie I will put on this bike.IMG_20200904_185621713.thumb.jpg.874457b5839578744151191715ae9401.jpg

Mine is still sitting naked without a plate. I bought it out of state while the dmv was shut down and even now after being open for 2 months it's still impossible to get in. You have to line up at 5am to get a ticket at 7am just to wait all day in your car until they call you in. No way in hell I'm taking a day off of work just to give the state a bunch of money.

Alright rant over. Last weekend I ran an enduro that the whole time I was thinking man, I wish I was riding my 200 right now.

Are you going to put a RK head in? It's a nice and relatively cheap upgrade. I think a better route than the 14 front sprocket. The 200 just doesnt have enough to lose up top to change the gearing that much IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1