Singletrack_rider

Beta2Stroke 2021 Beta 200rr review

With the oil injection out the stock  jetting seems better. I'm getting the one step leaner needle tomorrow so we will see. The motor is breaking in nice. Response and power seems to be up. This is not a slow bike.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, NoitatorYvaeh said:

Running 50:1?

44:1 for this tank. I'm probably going to keep it at that. I like a little more oil. Motors last longer but that just my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Hi!

I would suggest to try the 14th teeth CS sprocket, especially for single track or enduro special test type going...

Could you elaborate a bit how you managed to remove the oil tank from its place in the frame? I never used the OI on my 2020 250 but somehow I could not get the oil tank out, although I managed to remove it from the 2018 300.

Leon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leon_gasgas said:

Hi!

I would suggest to try the 14th teeth CS sprocket, especially for single track or enduro special test type going...

Could you elaborate a bit how you managed to remove the oil tank from its place in the frame? I never used the OI on my 2020 250 but somehow I could not get the oil tank out, although I managed to remove it from the 2018 300.

Leon

Taking the tank out wasn't quick. The sub frame is made out of 3 pieces. The the lower right has to be removed and the top center has to be loose. If I knew what a pain it was going to be I would have just left it in. Once I started it became a challenge and a puzzle on how to get it out. I did get to know how the subframe is put together though.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Thank you! 

On the 18 I did not have to play with the subframe but now I will have a go at it again after your advice.

37 minutes ago, leon_gasgas said:

Thank you! 

On the 18 I did not have to play with the subframe but now I will have a go at it again after your advice.

You have remove just about every bolt holding it together and there's a lot of them. Personally I would just leave it. There's not enough weight savings to justify the removal.

1 hour ago, SDR_rider said:

You have remove just about every bolt holding it together and there's a lot of them. Personally I would just leave it. There's not enough weight savings to justify the removal.

But it will make changing the air filter easier.

• Helpful 1

23 minutes ago, NoitatorYvaeh said:

Do you have a check engine light from the removal? 

Yes it was on. I unplugged one of the connectors going to the speedo on its off now. The speedo works still as a speedo.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SDR_rider said:

Yes it was on. I unplugged one of the connectors going to the speedo on its off now. The speedo works still as a speedo.

How much does the 125X weigh?

41 minutes ago, JWR14 said:

How much does the 125X weigh?

211lbs full tank and fluids off the showroom floor. I used the same scale. The stock AT81 tires are paper thin. Once I changed them out with 2mm tubes it gained some weight. With handguards and a steel shock spring it ended up at 218lbs. The tank is only 2.1 gallons on the 125x. With the oil injection removed and 2.1 gallons of gas in the 200rr figure 230lbs. Take the lights off and you will be at 227lbs.  So a fair weight comparison would be the 227lbs on the 200rr and 218lbs on the 125x. Not a big difference if you think about it. Set you the same the 200rr is only 3lbs more than a carbed 150xcw.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

1 hour ago, SDR_rider said:

Set you the same the 200rr is only 3lbs more than a carbed 150xcw.

It would seem that a '20+ TPI 150XCW/TE now weighs equivalent to or more than the 200RR. :thinking:

• Like 1

Did some work on the bike today. The exhaust seal between the pipe and silencer is a joke. Right where they meet the pipe immediately bends leaving a gap at the seal. I cut a 1/4" off the silencer to leave a larger area for the seal. Going to buy one of the fancy KTM ones next.

Installed a one step leaner needle and pilot and one step richer main. The jetting feels spot on. Can run down to a near stall in 2nd gear and it pulls out great. No flat spots anywhere. I would dare say it's one of the best jetted bikes I've owned. Snap off the bottom is a lot better and it lugs better. One trail I had trouble pulling 3rd gear is not a problem anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

22 minutes ago, SDR_rider said:

Did some work on the bike today. The exhaust seal between the pipe and silencer is a joke. Right where they meet the pipe immediately bends leaving a gap at the seal. I cut a 1/4" off the silencer to leave a larger area for the seal. Going to buy one of the fancy KTM ones next.

Installed a one step leaner needle and pilot and one step richer main. The jetting feels spot on. Can run down to a near stall in 2nd gear and it pulls out great. No flat spots anywhere. I would dare say it's one of the best jetted bikes I've owned. Snap off the bottom is a lot better and it lugs better. One trail I had trouble pulling 3rd gear is not a problem anymore. 

Heater hose sized 1.25" to 1.5" ID can also be a good fit instead of the TPI KTM exahust collars. Also note that 5/8" ID heater hose is my new go to radiator replacement hose. Agree, the Beta exhaust couplers suck. They are the same as the pre 18 KTM smoker collars. Sucky.

Here's where I buy my heater hose from in various diameters.

hpcouplers is the seller on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-ID-FlexFab-5526-Blue-Silicone-Heater-Hose-25mm-350F-Radiator-Coolant-1-00/262909322345?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used 1" ID for my Son's YZ125 - very tight fit.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Heater hose sized 1.25" to 1.5" ID can also be a good fit instead of the TPI KTM exahust collars. Also note that 5/8" ID heater hose is my new go to radiator replacement hose. Agree, the Beta exhaust couplers suck. They are the same as the pre 18 KTM smoker collars. Sucky.

Here's where I buy my heater hose from in various diameters.

hpcouplers is the seller on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-ID-FlexFab-5526-Blue-Silicone-Heater-Hose-25mm-350F-Radiator-Coolant-1-00/262909322345?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used 1" ID for my Son's YZ125 - very tight fit.

That’s a pretty blue one!  Yea same with me.. heater hose is as cheap and practical as it gets.. It’s just stop a a napa and get a small piece and hose clamps. I put this in the same category of importance as the kickstand foot. It’s the simplest fix . It’s barely a fix but for those that are bothered heater hose is super inexpensive. 

10 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

It’s just stop a a napa and get a small piece and hose clamps

Nearest NAPA is an hour drive so I like online shopping! 

• Like 1

I have a deposit on a 250 but am having second thoughts on the 200.  Any opinion on 250 vs 200?  I have a 19 250, this would be for my kid but borrowed by me here and there. I keep bikes for years so this would be long term investment and am nervouse about him out growing it.  200 is about 14 pounds lighter according to listed specs. Would you notice this?  He is 5`9  125 coming of a kx 100.

• Like 1