2021 Beta 200rr review

15 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

Well that's not good news for me lol. If it doesn't work out a new YZ250x  or 250xc will soon be making its way home with me.

Don that’s just been my experience, others may disagree.  All my Yamahas have just worked better in the seated position than the Beta.  That said, the 250RR is the most fun I’ve had on a bike to this day.  If the 250x got an e start that would definitely be my next bike.  I’ll be looking at the Huskies in addition to Beta when it’s time to get another. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Well no problem getting rid of your 200. There would be a line around here. They’re in demand.

Not where I'm at. They are no longer the bike to own. The White KTM's are the hot bike to own right now. I will be lucky to sell it for a ok price. 

Just now, NW_drZ said:

Don that’s just been my experience, others may disagree.  All my Yamahas have just worked better in the seated position than the Beta.  That said, the 250RR is the most fun I’ve had on a bike to this day.  If the 250x got an e start that would definitely be my next bike.  I’ll be looking at the Huskies in addition to Beta when it’s time to get another. 

I love my Husky FE250 it's a great overall bike. I like it better than the KTM 250xcf I had. If they made TX250 I would be looking hard at that. The e-start is nice but not a deal breaker either.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

The e-start is nice but not a deal breaker either.  

Says the bloke with the dog in his avatar. For the bloke with the pussy in his avatar, he has to have an E-leg.

Go figure ?

Sorry, with all the self control I could possibly posses, I couldn't possibly resist that.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

Not where I'm at. They are no longer the bike to own. The White KTM's are the hot bike to own right now. I will be lucky to sell it for a ok price. 

Well you shit outa luck unless you sell someplace else like here where guys have been waiting to get them and aren’t selling once they get em.

1 hour ago, NW_drZ said:

In my experience Betas compliment a rider that stands over the bars.  My 250RR doesn’t compare to my YZ250FX when in the sitting position.  

Same with my experience going directly from the 300rr to YZ250FX.  

The 300rr was pretty poor, revalve helped,  but I had to be diligent with standing attack position.  

YZ250FX it just works sitting or standing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firffighter said:

The 300rr was pretty poor, revalve helped,  but I had to be diligent with standing attack position.  

That's probably why Beta gives you a brick to sit on. The seat is never supposed to be used.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NW_drZ said:

In my experience Betas compliment a rider that stands over the bars.  My 250RR doesn’t compare to my YZ250FX when in the sitting position.  

I am glad you said this I was starting to wonder. My 250 re works fine but I do stand, even when I should probably be sitting. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, firffighter said:

The FX doesn’t discriminate ?  that bike worked great in whatever position you were in.  

Edited by NW_drZ
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 88pma said:

I am glad you said this I was starting to wonder. My 250 re works fine but I do stand, even when I should probably be sitting. 

I basically only stand on my 250RR unless I'm getting tired and don't have a choice.  When fresh, there is very few instances where i choose to sit.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Singletrack_rider said:

Got the shock back tonight but it was to dark to test it out. Going to have to wait untill Saturday to really see how it works. Im also pricing out a KYB fork conversion too. 

is the shock the same as a 2020 300 other than valving/springs?

3 minutes ago, campdirt said:

is the shock the same as a 2020 300 other than valving/springs?

I do believe so. I do know the stock 200 and 300 share the same spring weight. 

I had 20 hours on the shock when I brought it in. Les said the oil didn't look to bad and he didn't see any wear. The shim stacks were changed. From what I remember him saying was changed. Low speed compression was increased. High speed rebound was increased. Small change to high speed comresion made to. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Singletrack_rider said:

I do believe so. I do know the stock 200 and 300 share the same spring weight. 

I had 20 hours on the shock when I brought it in. Les said the oil didn't look to bad and he didn't see any wear. The shim stacks were changed. From what I remember him saying was changed. Low speed compression was increased. High speed rebound was increased. Small change to high speed comresion made to. 

The reviews all say the 200 is much softer than the 250 and 300, fitting with its intended mission as a step up tweener bike. So if the spring is the same, the valving must be quite different, which jibes with our divergent views on front end performance. My buddies that own 200s are also surprised that I didn't immediately want my 300 'fixed'. It does need a shock spring, the stocker sagged out very quickly.