Singletrack_rider

Beta2Stroke 2021 Beta 200rr review

In my experience Betas compliment a rider that stands over the bars.  My 250RR doesn’t compare to my YZ250FX when in the sitting position.  

Edited by NW_drZ
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, NW_drZ said:

In my experience Betas love riders that stand over the bars.  My 250RR doesn’t compare to my YZ250FX when in the sitting position.  

Well that's not good news for me lol. If it doesn't work out a new YZ250x  or 250xc will soon be making its way home with me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

Well that's not good news for me lol. If it doesn't work out a new YZ250x  or 250xc will soon be making its way home with me.

Well no problem getting rid of your 200. There would be a line around here. They’re in demand.

15 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

Don that’s just been my experience, others may disagree.  All my Yamahas have just worked better in the seated position than the Beta.  That said, the 250RR is the most fun I’ve had on a bike to this day.  If the 250x got an e start that would definitely be my next bike.  I’ll be looking at the Huskies in addition to Beta when it’s time to get another. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Well no problem getting rid of your 200. There would be a line around here. They’re in demand.

Not where I'm at. They are no longer the bike to own. The White KTM's are the hot bike to own right now. I will be lucky to sell it for a ok price. 

Just now, NW_drZ said:

Don that’s just been my experience, others may disagree.  All my Yamahas have just worked better in the seated position than the Beta.  That said, the 250RR is the most fun I’ve had on a bike to this day.  If the 250x got an e start that would definitely be my next bike.  I’ll be looking at the Huskies in addition to Beta when it’s time to get another. 

I love my Husky FE250 it's a great overall bike. I like it better than the KTM 250xcf I had. If they made TX250 I would be looking hard at that. The e-start is nice but not a deal breaker either.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

The e-start is nice but not a deal breaker either.  

Says the bloke with the dog in his avatar. For the bloke with the pussy in his avatar, he has to have an E-leg.

Go figure 😂

Sorry, with all the self control I could possibly posses, I couldn't possibly resist that.

Edited by Drop-Bear

37 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

Not where I'm at. They are no longer the bike to own. The White KTM's are the hot bike to own right now. I will be lucky to sell it for a ok price. 

Well you shit outa luck unless you sell someplace else like here where guys have been waiting to get them and aren’t selling once they get em.

1 hour ago, NW_drZ said:

In my experience Betas compliment a rider that stands over the bars.  My 250RR doesn’t compare to my YZ250FX when in the sitting position.  

Same with my experience going directly from the 300rr to YZ250FX.  

The 300rr was pretty poor, revalve helped,  but I had to be diligent with standing attack position.  

YZ250FX it just works sitting or standing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firffighter said:

The 300rr was pretty poor, revalve helped,  but I had to be diligent with standing attack position.  

That's probably why Beta gives you a brick to sit on. The seat is never supposed to be used.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NW_drZ said:

I am glad you said this I was starting to wonder. My 250 re works fine but I do stand, even when I should probably be sitting. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, firffighter said:

The FX doesn’t discriminate 🙂  that bike worked great in whatever position you were in.  

Edited by NW_drZ
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

That's probably why Beta gives you a brick to sit on. The seat is never supposed to be used.

Never noticed this either. 

24 minutes ago, 88pma said:

I am glad you said this I was starting to wonder. My 250 re works fine but I do stand, even when I should probably be sitting. 

I basically only stand on my 250RR unless I'm getting tired and don't have a choice.  When fresh, there is very few instances where i choose to sit.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Singletrack_rider said:

The seat on the ‘18 390 RE that I rode this weekend definitely felt brick like. 

• Like 1