supercross Barcia signed with GasGas

He will try to show yamaha they made a mistake plus for his own good this season Since he has a good shot at the title if things go like they have Been

36 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

It is, but this was official official.  Like double secret probation.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Will be interesting to see how many folks here go from bad mouthing him for many years to being cheerleaders all of a sudden :ride:

It won't change my opinion. He's the dirtiest rider in the sports history and the most dangerous obstacle to every other rider on the track. Hard for me to respect that no matter what bike he's on. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, daled said:

man i hope not...  I love watching bam bam when he riding over his bike, it's a seriously good show, the massive whips, the flying W's, the case smashing, leg kicking, elbow lifting antics... and eventually the yard sale...

ive always been a fan, gave up on him getting a title years ago... but when he is putting on a show... THERE AINT NOBODY THAT CAN MATCH HIS SHOW...

He's the most fun to watch, since James. 

Also, a semi-serious question. So is Gasgas going to be like a more plain (and slightly cheaper version) of KTM, in the USA? Sort of how Husky is maybe a bit on the premium scale. They just get some cool, different features, bling and costing a tad more than the orange bikes? I am picturing Gasgas coming with silver rims and no bling and maybe costing a bit less than the other 2, or am I wrong? Also, I know this sounds petty but I think the Gasgas name is stupid and I probably wouldn't want to tell someone that I had that name of bike or wear that on a shirt, as opposed to KTM or Husqvarna (and the big 4 Jap brands.) I wonder how many ppl would choose their MX bikes over the other 2? I probably wouldn't unless they cost a lot less (but were still as good) or if they offered a model that I wanted that wasn't offered from the other 2.

1 minute ago, ah665 said:

He's the most fun to watch, since James. 

Also, a semi-serious question. So is Gasgas going to be like a more plain (and slightly cheaper version) of KTM, in the USA? Sort of how Husky is maybe a bit on the premium scale. They just get some cool, different features, bling and costing a tad more than the orange bikes? I am picturing Gasgas coming with silver rims and no bling and maybe costing a bit less than the other 2, or am I wrong? Also, I know this sounds petty but I think the Gasgas name is stupid and I probably wouldn't want to tell someone that I had that name of bike or wear that on a shirt, as opposed to KTM or Husqvarna (and the big 4 Jap brands.) I wonder how many ppl would choose their MX bikes over the other 2? I probably wouldn't unless they cost a lot less (but were still as good) or if they offered a model that I wanted that wasn't offered from the other 2.

KTM is a Euro company....so they won't lower the purchase price..  !

Unlike Japan of old, and China today, the idea of undercutting but with quality just doesn't exist in the Euro mindset...

• Helpful 2

1 minute ago, daled said:

Unlike Japan of old, and China today, the idea of undercutting but with quality just doesn't exist in the Euro mindset...

I feel like they need to be cheapest of the 3 though, as they are the least attractive buy (in my eyes.) So I was curious what you guys thought. I know having a popular rider is cool and all, but I still have my doubts about how they do on the showroom floor. I think it's sweet for the pro racing. I like seeing another team and it let's guys like Barcia still have another option and potentially kept him on a Factory team. But on the showroom I'm just curious how this will work.

8 minutes ago, ah665 said:

.......I think it's sweet for the pro racing. I like seeing another team and it let's guys like Barcia still have another option and potentially kept him on a Factory team.....

Agree 100%,

But not with another color of KTM.   How about a Sherco or a TM or  SWM !? perhaps we can lobby HD to re-invest in the dirt market (it might even save them)

Another color KTM is just reducing the field of choice IMHO..

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ah665 said:

I feel like they need to be cheapest of the 3 though, as they are the least attractive buy (in my eyes.) So I was curious what you guys thought. I know having a popular rider is cool and all, but I still have my doubts about how they do on the showroom floor. I think it's sweet for the pro racing. I like seeing another team and it let's guys like Barcia still have another option and potentially kept him on a Factory team. But on the showroom I'm just curious how this will work.

If they are sold through existing pumkin dealers I would buy one. Right now the closest GG dealer to me is over 3 hours away

An orange dealer is 30min

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, daled said:

Spot on.:ride:

31 minutes ago, ah665 said:

For the US at least if the market grows it will be good. If the US market continues to stay static or shrink it will lead to cannibalism. US Powersports is having a banner year this year, hopefully it keeps going and there is a slice of pie for all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lahms said:

Barcia needs to always be on a contact year. Does his best riding then lol

I think it was Doug Dubach who said that he preferred one year contracts on the Whiskey Throttle Show because it made him more hungry. But I also drink Whiskey while listening to that show so I could very well be wrong

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, ah665 said:

When KTM took over husky and the bikes were virtually identical for the first several years the used husky’s didn’t sell at the sane price as the KTM’s. That has changed now and they’re about identical. I think you’ll see the same thing happen with the gassers.  So the used gasser market might be the best values soon but not for long. 

• Helpful 1

4 hours ago, mog said:

The gas gas doesn't appear to have anything different from the KTM bar the colour?

Are there pictures of the production bikes yet?  I've been wondering if they'd go with cheaper components, like brakes, bars, chain / sprockets, rims, whatever else.

7 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

I'm just curious (and not in that way Red so put it away), if Barcia signing with GasGas and RC and Zuke separating at the same time are somehow related? A little more to ponder....

RC certainly eluded to having interest outside of off road racing. I don't see GG offering anything different like RC seemed interested in so I'm going to call this one far fetched but who knows. 

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

RC certainly eluded to having interest outside of off road racing. I don't see GG offering anything different like RC seemed interested in so I'm going to call this one far fetched but who knows. 

'alluded'

2 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

I'm just curious (and not in that way Red so put it away), if Barcia signing with GasGas and RC and Zuke separating at the same time are somehow related? A little more to ponder....

Obviously RC is on the GG train. It's too much coincidental. The introduction of a factory (with money), who makes enduro bikes and is big in offroad sports. RC leaving suzuki and has offroad plans.

1 + 1 = 2

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, deanevo said:

1 + 1 = 2

1 x infinity = infinity,    2 x infinity = infinity,  thus 1=2, thus math is busted !

• Haha 2