Jump to content

supercross Barcia signed with GasGas

Recommended Posts

On 9/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, PB729 said:

It won't change my opinion. He's the dirtiest rider in the sports history and the most dangerous obstacle to every other rider on the track. Hard for me to respect that no matter what bike he's on. 

Surely you jest, the dirtiest of all time? 

Edited by DBMX 925
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, GBow521 said:

It will be TLD. 

There goes Barcias AStar gear and Arai helmet sponsors. On the plus side, he'll get better gear.

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Are there pictures of the production bikes yet?  I've been wondering if they'd go with cheaper components, like brakes, bars, chain / sprockets, rims, whatever else.

Not seen any , they need to make the brand different ,or it's pointless,a red KTM isn't a new bike 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mog said:

Not seen any , they need to make the brand different ,or it's pointless,a red KTM isn't a new bike 

Somewhat was my point also. I think they were able to get away with it, when they acquired Husky. People liked the name from back in it's day. Plus the bikes had a few features that were different than the KTM. With GG, I don't think anyone who is a MX rider ever really cared about that brand much. If the bikes aren't bringing anything to the table, aside from a different colored plastic then why buy it? I think the name is stupid personally, but that is just me. And I think having a red bike that isn't a Honda is also a bit weird. Which brings me back to price. If you could save a bit of $ over the KTM or Husky, then that might be enough to get a following. But I just have a hard time seeing the market for this bike. I don't see it taking off in the same way Husky did, at least. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree , maybe a cheaper version is the right way forward ,I just don't think you can take much off to make it a big difference? 

The chain and sprockets are already cheap imo ,bars ? Can you save much ? Rims I can't see saving much ?

It will only be a few 100 cheaper imo 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ah665 said:

Somewhat was my point also. I think they were able to get away with it, when they acquired Husky. People liked the name from back in it's day. Plus the bikes had a few features that were different than the KTM. With GG, I don't think anyone who is a MX rider ever really cared about that brand much. If the bikes aren't bringing anything to the table, aside from a different colored plastic then why buy it? I think the name is stupid personally, but that is just me. And I think having a red bike that isn't a Honda is also a bit weird. Which brings me back to price. If you could save a bit of $ over the KTM or Husky, then that might be enough to get a following. But I just have a hard time seeing the market for this bike. I don't see it taking off in the same way Husky did, at least. 

Next, KTM is planning to purchase Sherco in blue, Montessa in yellow, and Scorpa in green.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daled said:

1 x infinity = infinity,    2 x infinity = infinity,  thus 1=2, thus math is busted !

Obviously not, or Buzz Lightyear couldn't hang gone to infinity AND beyond.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DBMX 925 said:

Surely you jest, the dirtiest of all time? 

I can't think of a dirtier rider? Tyler Bowers in Arenacross? (Arenacross is a different animal though). I still can't think of a rider that has taken more people out...completely unnecessarily than him. Or a rider that cries more than him when the favor is returned. Blocking faster riders is part of the game if things are close, but he has halted the momentum of people who catch him at will...for laps. Cross jumping, looking behind etc. AND, when riders do get aggressive back with him, the AMA comes down on them!? He broke Tyler Bowers leg with a take out, the AMA does nothing to Barcia. Bowers (rightfully) punts Barcia off the track and the AMA fines and suspends him. Eli, Baggett, Roczen, Dungey have all said he is a danger. I 100% agree.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PB729 said:

I can't think of a dirtier rider? Tyler Bowers in Arenacross? (Arenacross is a different animal though). I still can't think of a rider that has taken more people out...completely unnecessarily than him. Or a rider that cries more than him when the favor is returned. Blocking faster riders is part of the game if things are close, but he has halted the momentum of people who catch him at will...for laps. Cross jumping, looking behind etc. AND, when riders do get aggressive back with him, the AMA comes down on them!? He broke Tyler Bowers leg with a take out, the AMA does nothing to Barcia. Bowers (rightfully) punts Barcia off the track and the AMA fines and suspends him. Eli, Baggett, Roczen, Dungey have all said he is a danger. I 100% agree.  

Was it Jason Lawrence that waited in an underpass to start a fight during a moto?  Of course technically at that point he's off the bike, so he's not a rider.  In a sports arena at that point, so maybe he thought he was a gladiator.

Lots of footage exists of how bam bam would point his wheel at the other rider for a takeout move instead of in a direction that would get him around the corner.  Not a fan of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Lots of footage exists of how bam bam would point his wheel at the other rider for a takeout move instead of in a direction that would get him around the corner.  Not a fan of that.

This is one of the reasons why I think Barcia is a the ultimate douchebag. He gets all pissy when he goes down and waits to confront the guy. When he realizes the guy isn't going to take his shit he runs away like a pussy

The guy can dish it out but he cries like a bitch when it's the other way around  

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, PB729 said:

It won't change my opinion. He's the dirtiest rider in the sports history and the most dangerous obstacle to every other rider on the track. Hard for me to respect that no matter what bike he's on. 

"This year?" like how he tried to take out AC coming a back onto the track

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mog said:

I agree , maybe a cheaper version is the right way forward ,I just don't think you can take much off to make it a big difference? 

The chain and sprockets are already cheap imo ,bars ? Can you save much ? Rims I can't see saving much ?

It will only be a few 100 cheaper imo 

 

Maybe they move most of the manufacturing for GasGas to a different country? Think I heard they are keeping the Italian plant or something like that?  I know KTM has moved some of their street bike stuff to other countries might be an opportunity to get away with making more of the shared components with cheaper labor but only have to label the GasGas as being the cheaper one just as a way to fill the gap between other brands. 

They may try to diversify other parts like how Husky has a Magura clutch vs. Brembo, they have different stock bars and other outsourced parts so if one vendor tries to stick it to them they can easily just switch over to another one. 

Edited by Dirtstache 556

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CORider63 said:

Next, KTM is planning to purchase Sherco in blue, Montessa in yellow, and Scorpa in green.

KTM willl then reveal their new company logo:

spacer.png

  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 10:37 PM, PB729 said:

It won't change my opinion. He's the dirtiest rider in the sports history and the most dangerous obstacle to every other rider on the track. Hard for me to respect that no matter what bike he's on. 

Barcia the dirtiest rider of all time? Honestly, that’s laughable, Freezy and Brayton both are dirtier than him. 
 

just about every rider in the 80s were dirtier than Barcia. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dirtstache 556 said:

Maybe they move most of the manufacturing for GasGas to a different country? Think I heard they are keeping the Italian plant or something like that?  I know KTM has moved some of their street bike stuff to other countries might be an opportunity to get away with making more of the shared components with cheaper labor but only have to label the GasGas as being the cheaper one just as a way to fill the gap between other brands. 

They may try to diversify other parts like how Husky has a Magura clutch vs. Brembo, they have different stock bars and other outsourced parts so if one vendor tries to stick it to them they can easily just switch over to another one. 

Maybe keep the plant intact and ship it whole to Pune or Bangalore.... :DI heard Honda is also building engine internals in India too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

Barcia the dirtiest rider of all time? Honestly, that’s laughable, Freezy and Brayton both are dirtier than him. 
 

just about every rider in the 80s were dirtier than Barcia. 

Laracco sticks out in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Was it Jason Lawrence that waited in an underpass to start a fight during a moto?  Of course technically at that point he's off the bike, so he's not a rider.  In a sports arena at that point, so maybe he thought he was a gladiator.

Lots of footage exists of how bam bam would point his wheel at the other rider for a takeout move instead of in a direction that would get him around the corner.  Not a fan of that.

Funny, you mention him. Really only two people I really haven't cared for in moto. Jason Lawrence was the other. His career was so short, I forgot about his antics, but would agree, he was worse than Barcia. Not as many incidents of douchebaggery just due to the short duration of his career. God did Jason Lawrence have talent though! It's too bad he just didn't have the discipline for the grind. I'll hand it to him for one thing, he's lived his life as he see's fit, even if I disagree with how that is.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I love watching that video, cracks me up everytime. 

I like the commentary. "Barcia got BamBamed."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...