supercross Barcia signed with GasGas

1 hour ago, ah665 said:

Thanks. I love how my Yam looks currently but like you said, they all look good and run good. Maybe I can get a ride on the Gasgas in the spring, to compare. 

Its been a while but the YZ125 was a very friendly bike and easy to make competitive.  Now if your racing PRO class youl need some internal love but besides that I've had nothing but good things come my way on Blue. Its realy more about how good you feel vrs outright HP.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

Its been a while but the YZ125 was a very friendly bike and easy to make competitive.  Now if your racing PRO class youl need some internal love but besides that I've had nothing but good things come my way on Blue. Its realy more about how good you feel vrs outright HP.

My son's 05 CR125 is a great bike.  It need the suspension upgraded to more modern components but wow, talk about turning on a dime.  PWK carb and a PC pipe and they do quite well.  I'd like to put a STIC in it, I think it would rev even further with no loss to the bottom end.  I've ridden the YZ125, they handle much better than the 250 but I'm with Chad Reed on this one, I really don't like the handling of the aluminum framed Yamaha 2-strokes.  Good motor on the stock YZ125 though.

34 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

My son's 05 CR125 is a great bike.  It need the suspension upgraded to more modern components but wow, talk about turning on a dime.  PWK carb and a PC pipe and they do quite well.  I'd like to put a STIC in it, I think it would rev even further with no loss to the bottom end.  I've ridden the YZ125, they handle much better than the 250 but I'm with Chad Reed on this one, I really don't like the handling of the aluminum framed Yamaha 2-strokes.  Good motor on the stock YZ125 though.

Have Dab Batterby do a engine mod for ya. Hes great.

13 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Yep exactly. The suspension is perfect, right now. I ran all year with just the pipe. Over the winter, I am going to put a VForce in and try going up a tooth in the rear (since both Keefer and MXA suggested.) When I do the top end, I may put an Apex head on it. Running HRP97 gas and it should be plenty for what I do. All in all, not a huge investment in parts. But KTM/Husky/GG have the peak numbers out of the box, just not sure if they have the nice rideability of the blue bike. 

• Like 1