ThumperTalk

KTM Showcases Competition Ready 2021 300 XC-W TPI Erzbergrodeo Edition

erz.JPG

What's included?

• D.I.D DirtStar wheels w/ CNC machined anodized aluminum hubs.
  • Anodized Orange CNC milled triple clamps.
  • Selle Valle Factory seat.
  • Supersprox Stealth 2 piece rear sprocket.
  • Chain guide swingarm mounting tab guard.
  • Wrap-around handguards.
  • Radiator fan w/ rad guard.
  • Skid plate.
  • Front/Rear disc guards.
  • Clutch slave cylinder guard.
  • Front/Rear grab handles/straps.
  • "Bold, new"  Erzbergrodeo graphics package.

This will be a limited edition model, but as of now, no info on number to be produced and pricing. Dealers are expected to see these sometime in October 2020.

xx6.JPG

• Like 5

I'd like to know if the bike + all aftermarket bolt-ons from the factory is less or more that if you simply purchased a 2021 300XCW TPI sans the bolt ons and purchased them on your own. Seems to me that riders enjoy the process of researching what goodies to bolt on and the shop time to install them? Or maybe I'm out of touch with rider's desires? What's your preference? Does buying a package appeal to you? 

• Helpful 1

minus the goofy graphics she is a beauty. At least it has useful parts unlike the six days which seems solely for bling.

it'll be interesting to see the price, building it would cost somewhere between 2500-3k in accessories? Maybe more but I'll let someone else do the math.

I'd throw some regular plastics on it and beat it like it deserves.

• Like 1

I'm taking delivery of a 2021 KTM 300 XCW TPI in a couple of days -- as soon as the dealer can install the protective gear that I think is needed to make a KTM "ready to ride rocky, root-filled technical trails".  I talked last year about getting the Erzberg edition, and the same protective gear was cheaper without the BNG (Bold New Graphics) from the Erzberg edition. I also insisted on a US FS approved spark arrestor so I can ride in the forests.

I run custom, personalized graphics, so the BNG don't do anything for me.

• Like 1

It’s the rider not the BNG. I usually save my money to buy a new one when they come out with substantial improvements over the old models. 
They are usually $2,000. or more for the pretty ones. But maybe they sell easier or for more when you get rid of them. 

5 hours ago, shrubitup said:

PDS isn't ready to race. :naughty:

I race mine.  Do you race?  I took 4th in a Sprint Enduro this weekend.  How'd you finish?

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Doc_d said:

I race mine.  Do you race?  I took 4th in a Sprint Enduro this weekend.  How'd you finish?

Doc

Sorry, can’t race. No KTM. 😪

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Sorry, can’t race. No KTM. 😪

No seriously, do you race?  You seem to have a strong opinion about it so I'm just curious.

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doc_d said:

No seriously, do you race?  You seem to have a strong opinion about it so I'm just curious.

Doc

I have no strong opinion and would definitely choose pds on a ktm. Lots of people say it’s no good but no linkage is appealing for many reasons. I have pds on my 07 husaberg but it’s almost vertical. 

No race because I don’t like people using me for traction or softer landings. If they made them no contact or no jumps then I’d consider it. Too much stunning terrain to ride here than to get interested in riding clapped out race courses. JMO

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, shrubitup said:

I have no strong opinion and would definitely choose pds on a ktm. Lots of people say it’s no good but no linkage is appealing for many reasons. I have pds on my 07 husaberg but it’s almost vertical. 

No race because I don’t like people using me for traction or softer landings. If they made them no contact or no jumps then I’d consider it. Too much stunning terrain to ride here than to get interested in riding clapped out race courses. JMO

I've got linkage bikes and PDS bikes.  All my PDS bikes are 2016 or newer.  I've heard some of the earlier PDS bikes had some bad habits.  But my 2016 and even more so, my 2020 seems pretty darn good to me.  It's very soft but so is the linkage Husky TE.   Other than finding the limits pretty quickly when a hare scramble or sprint enduro uses an MX track, it doesn't have any bad habits.  It doesn't kick or swap.  It's really good in the roots, rocks, logs, etc.  On the MX track you probably won't be doubling but you won't be on the linkage Husky TE either.  That's just the nature of a softly suspended enduro bike irrespective of PDS or linkage.

You really should line up at a hare scramble.  It's humbling but in a good way.

Doc

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Doc_d said:

Doc

I race some and PDS isn't the best when it comes to many types of racing. Much better then in the past but lacks handling wide range of terrains. That said this bike would work great for the Iron Giant! Does it really make a difference if you race???

39 minutes ago, weantright said:

I race some and PDS isn't the best when it comes to many types of racing. Much better then in the past but lacks handling wide range of terrains. That said this bike would work great for the Iron Giant! Does it really make a difference if you race???

Only when you make blanket statements like "PDS isn't ready to race".  Seems like you should have at least entered one race before making a statement like that.

I see plenty of guys racing PDS.  More so in enduros than hare scrambles.  

Doc

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Doc_d said:

Only when you make blanket statements like "PDS isn't ready to race".  Seems like you should have at least entered one race before making a statement like that.

I see plenty of guys racing PDS.  More so in enduros than hare scrambles.  

Doc

The comment was made in jest making fun of people who make blanket statements. 

• Like 1

What is that brown texture on the graphics? Is it looking down on sand dunes from the air, or is it some kind of faux wood grain like on a 70s station wagon? Or is it some other type of brown texture?

2 hours ago, OKDinosaur said:

What is that brown texture on the graphics? Is it looking down on sand dunes from the air, or is it some kind of faux wood grain like on a 70s station wagon? Or is it some other type of brown texture?

I have not seen a closeup shot of them yet, but if it's like last year, they are topo map lines.