Riding this weekend

Hahaha I wish, but I didn't get the sparkplug cap so it's a no go for this weekend.

I did buy my girlfriend a 2003 KTM 65sx tho, that was awesome. Took her out to learn clutch engagement and starting the bike. She was awesome!! Didn't get scared and stayed in control the whole time. Even rode in 1st for a little while. SUPER PROUD OF HER!!

Also, I'm getting a safety dope on a truck on Monday fingers crossed. Things are slowly panning out. ?

6 hours ago, tenere700 said:

I have not checked out Limerick Forest before. Is it too tight for a 700 to deke-around in there for a day?

Limerick has a mix of trails, some fairly tight single track and some bigger double track. I’m sure you can ride around on the double, and even do a few of the single more straight forward stretches.

• Helpful 1

Got up and started at 8 this morning, rear tire is flat, change it out and pinch my spare tube and snapped my larger aluminum iron putting on a tight new tire. Had to buy a new tube and iron. Finally get that sorted and on, load up the bike and try to fire it up to make sure it starts, battery is dead, great. Charge that up and get out on the road, tire on the trailer explodes on the 416 near Kemptville and the spare is on my boat trailer. Thank god when I finally made it to Limerick it was the perfect day for riding.

• Like 1

That sounds like quite the adventure.

Sorry all of that happened, glad you got to go riding!

Eventhough I couldn't get out to ride I had fun all day working on the new bike for the gf so that we're both ready to go for next weekend; oil change, clutch bleeding, rear and front brake fluid bleeding, suspension sag adjustment, cleaned all the plastics, cleaned the fork seals, changed the exhaust packing, adjusted the idling screw, cleaned and reapplied some FFT to the air filter, cleaned and lubed the chain, clean the brake parts, patched with epoxy a small hole at the top of the gas tank that I only found out about by filling it up and having it piss everywhere :P.

hit me up if you're going next weekend.

Edited by Huggz

Just now, tenere700 said:

I would tag along and snag a day pass if you guys are interested in having some company. I am on a bigger bike, but can ride the piss out of it if that is where we are at. Coming from Peterborough, and could be there by 10am without too much hassle (3 hour ride there).

The more the merrier also I think your heavier bike might just level the playing field as the gf just learned how to get in first and use her clutch and the gas to ride off at jogging speed.

As for me, I can rip it but I'm very new to offroad as well, just more daring and I've been having a lot of fun on my DRZ400SM in some empty parking lots for the last year, getting comfy with low speed, fullcock turns, clutch and throttle control, balance, wheelies and stopies.

Just looking to learn nice and progressively!

P.s.: how do you like the tenere700?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huggz said:

The more the merrier also I think your heavier bike might just level the playing field as the gf just learned how to get in first and use her clutch and the gas to ride off at jogging speed.

As for me, I can rip it but I'm very new to offroad as well, just more daring and I've been having a lot of fun on my DRZ400SM in some empty parking lots for the last year, getting comfy with low speed, fullcock turns, clutch and throttle control, balance, wheelies and stopies.

Just looking to learn nice and progressively!

P.s.: how do you like the tenere700?

Done deal - let's do it! 

The bike has been amazing, I am riding it like my 250, banging it around, dropping it, good times all around. Very nimble for its size, and not too intimidating offroad. I took out the snorkel and added a racing intake and filter and the thing just screams now. I got the bike knowing about the engine and its torque characteristics, and that has translated extremely well to technical riding. Get it into second and don't touch the clutch, throttle on and off smooth as butter.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:45 PM, Husquire said:

Got up and started at 8 this morning, rear tire is flat, change it out and pinch my spare tube and snapped my larger aluminum iron putting on a tight new tire. Had to buy a new tube and iron. Finally get that sorted and on, load up the bike and try to fire it up to make sure it starts, battery is dead, great. Charge that up and get out on the road, tire on the trailer explodes on the 416 near Kemptville and the spare is on my boat trailer. Thank god when I finally made it to Limerick it was the perfect day for riding.

You should come for a ride Wed.  It will go much smoother than this weekend.  We get there around 4 if you're interested.  

On 9/14/2020 at 2:42 PM, jbreedon said:

You should come for a ride Wed.  It will go much smoother than this weekend.  We get there around 4 if you're interested.  

Shoot I didn’t see this until now. I may have seen you guys there I got there at about 6. Rushed to get about an hour in, as I not a huge fan (call it lack of self confidence) at riding in there past about 7 when it gets dark. 

As my battery went kaput I had to keep it running the whole time, but I have an antigravity restart coming Friday. Should be good to go for Sat.

2 hours ago, Husquire said:

Shoot I didn’t see this until now. I may have seen you guys there I got there at about 6. Rushed to get about an hour in, as I not a huge fan (call it lack of self confidence) at riding in there past about 7 when it gets dark. 

As my battery went kaput I had to keep it running the whole time, but I have an antigravity restart coming Friday. Should be good to go for Sat.

Riding Sunday afternoon if you want to come.