ThumperTalk

2021 KTM 500 EXC-F 6 Days Pictures, Specs & Pricing

image.png

What's new for 2021 besides bold, new graphics?

• "Special" skid plate.
  • More comfy seat.
  • Stronger clutch cover.
  • Solid rear brake disc.
  • Rear brake pedal is safety wired.
  • Anodized orange machined triple clamp
  • WP Xlpor fork w/ spring preload adjustment
  • Quick change front axle pull
  • Supersprox Stealth two-piece aluminum sprocket (shared w/ the Erzbergrodeo edition).
  • Tires are ebay specials, only installed to pass gubberment standards. You'll want to install some rear knobbies here.

image.png

2021 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days Specs

ENGINE

• Type: Single-cylinder four-stroke
  • Displacement: 511cc
  • Bore x stroke: 95 x 72mm
  • Valvetrain: SOHC, 4 valves
  • Fuel System: Keihin EFI w/ 42 mm throttle body
  • Ignition: Keihin EMS
  • Starting: Electric
  • Lubrication: Pressure lubrication w/ 2 oil pumps
  • Transmission: 6-speed
  • Clutch: Wet multi-disc DDS clutch w/ Brembo hydraulics

CHASSIS

• Frame: Chromoly steel central double-cradle, w/ aluminum subframe
  • Subframe: Aluminum
  • Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum w/ 28-22mm diameter
  • Front suspension; travel: Fully adjustable WP Xplor inverted 48mm fork; 12.2 inches
  • Rear Suspension: Linkage-assisted, fully adjustable WP Xplor shock w/ progressive damping; 11.8 inches
  • Wheels: Giant
  • Front wheel: 1.60 x 21”
  • Rear wheel: 2.15 x 18”
  • Tires: Continental TKC 80
  • Front tire: 90/90 x 21
  • Rear tire: 120/90 x 18
  • Front brake: 260mm disc
  • Rear brake: 220mm disc

DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES

• Wheelbase: 58.3 inches
  • Rake: 26.5 degrees
  • Triple clamp offset: 22mm
  • Seat height: 37.8 inches
  • Ground clearance: 14 inches
  • Fuel capacity: 2.25 gallons
  • Curb weight: 254 pounds
  • Color: Orange

2021 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days Price: $12,599 MSRP (a grand over the std 500EXC-F). Dealers are expected to see this fall.

How about the green? Not seen that before on a KTM and we like it! You? What do you think of the 2021 KTM 500 EXC-F 6 Days?

• Like 1

I have the 2020 Six Days and I have the 2021 on order.   Probably late Oct at the earliest says my dealer in Prescott Valley, AZ

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 11:19 AM, SteveThe Snakes said:

Heavier. 😳

Which rear disk, slotted or solid, do you think would give you more stopping power using a LHRB?        I did do some street riding on my 2020 Six Days with my son on my other 500 and a couple of times I did panic stops using just my hands and I had no problem locking up the rear on the pavement.   I did get some great use out of the stock tires that I almost threw in the trash....but they work well on the road as I put 2150 miles on them in 6 days.  

Ive run the 6days solid disk and the slotted standard disk,

My view is the slotted disk has the strongest stopping power, cause the pads bite into the sharp edges of the slots.

The solid disk just offers a Longevity improvement, with a tad weaker bite.

Edited by Spud786

3 hours ago, twp8357 said:

Which rear disk, slotted or solid, do you think would give you more stopping power using a LHRB?        I did do some street riding on my 2020 Six Days with my son on my other 500 and a couple of times I did panic stops using just my hands and I had no problem locking up the rear on the pavement.   I did get some great use out of the stock tires that I almost threw in the trash....but they work well on the road as I put 2150 miles on them in 6 days.  

You should be fine with either on the rear. On supermoto bikes everyone runs stock rear discs and calipers with fat 17” sticky street tires or slicks. It’s the fronts where they change to much larger discs and different brake components on street or track supermoto bikes. 

I've always understood solid disc to be for muddy conditions, where mud can pack in the holes of a cross drilled unit and reduce pad bite. I'm sure that either style and caliper has plenty of power to overcome the available traction the tire might have on any surface, so I can't see any stopping advantage there.

• Helpful 1

For a company that is normally excellent with visuals, graphics, marketing they've really screwed the pouch this year. The colors are fine but the graphics suck...  and he orange frame completely out of place. Completely unattractive.

The gray throwback side panels on the regular models and this disgusting color combo makes me sure to never buy a 2021. 

12 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

I’m waiting for the next five year big change. The last big complete new revised bike was the 17’s. I think the 2022’s might be it. 
I don’t think I’ll bother with the extra six day bling. 

The 2020's were a complete revision.  If it's a five year cycle it'll be 2025 till a complete new bike.  Maybe by then they'll have the ECU/ fueling figured out a little better. 

I don't care for the new graphics either.  My 2020 XCF-W came with the same "special" skid plate, map/ traction control switch, and black frame.   I like it a little better.   The fork preload adjusters would be nice, though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mikie1 said:

The 2020's were a complete revision.  If it's a five year cycle it'll be 2025 till a complete new bike.  Maybe by then they'll have the ECU/ fueling figured out a little better. 

I don’t think the 2020’s were a complete revision at all. The 17’s were and about every five years they change everything. From the frame, wheels complete engine and all. The 2020 was a new head, piston compression and a cam chain slipper. Which is a nice upgrade but not the big one. 
As far as fueling I doubt it will every be sorted too well with street bike regulations. It might get better stock though. Some of the new street bikes are nowhere as bad as the plated off road enduro bikes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

I don’t think the 2020’s were a complete revision at all. The 17’s were and about every five years they change everything. From the frame, wheels complete engine and all. The 2020 was a new head, piston compression and a cam chain slipper. Which is a nice upgrade but not the big one. 
As far as fueling I doubt it will every be sorted too well with street bike regulations. It might get better stock though. Some of the new street bikes are nowhere as bad as the plated off road enduro bikes. 

2020 was a big revision, next one is slated for 2023 models.

2 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

Sorry but the 2020`s were a complete revision.  

There were a bunch of changes with the motor including new cylinder head, piston, smog system, exhaust header pipe and muffler etc

The 2020 also has a new frame, new subframe, plastics, seat, and wiring upgrades.  Also new they have a new  fuel injection system, new fuel tank, new smog system,       new license plate - tail light assembly, new ECU that changes maps and timing curves in every gear.  

Forks got new spring rates and dampening too.

18 hours ago, Govt Cheese said:

For a company that is normally excellent with visuals, graphics, marketing they've really screwed the pouch this year. The colors are fine but the graphics suck...  and he orange frame completely out of place. Completely unattractive.

The gray throwback side panels on the regular models and this disgusting color combo makes me sure to never buy a 2021. 

agree this is one of KTM's worst designs

The grey number plates are def ugly, good thing they are cheap to replace with whatever color you like!

3 minutes ago, johncr250 said:

The grey number plates are def ugly, good thing they are cheap to replace with whatever color you like!

You know they are desperate for ideas when they reach back to the 1990s to retro a design that was fuggly even back then.  Lololol

2 hours ago, johncr250 said:

Sorry but the 2020`s were a complete revision.  

There were a bunch of changes with the motor including new cylinder head, piston, smog system, exhaust header pipe and muffler etc

The 2020 also has a new frame, new subframe, plastics, seat, and wiring upgrades.  Also new they have a new  fuel injection system, new fuel tank, new smog system,       new license plate - tail light assembly, new ECU that changes maps and timing curves in every gear.  

Forks got new spring rates and dampening too.

Yes I just read up on them. Much more than I thought previously. 
But I’m not sure if there weren't even more upgrades from the 16’ to 17’ models especially regarding weight. 
Time will tell on the 2022 or 2023 models. 

Edited by SteveThe Snakes