Back Problems

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2020 at 1:30 PM, Richard Hernandez said:

Hi guys I have a friend that has back problems. Every time we go off reading she says it really hurts. So being a friend I really feel bad and want to get some sort of back brace. Any suggestions?

Stretch before riding makes all the difference to me. 

Depending on what you are riding there are back rests and all sorts of add ons you can buy. 

On 9/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, Richard Hernandez said:

Hi guys I have a friend that has back problems. Every time we go off reading she says it really hurts. So being a friend I really feel bad and want to get some sort of back brace. Any suggestions?

I don't know what exactly you ride but I ride/race sport quads and I used to have some decent pain right below my shoulders after hitting some jumps or going through a rough section. I took 3 weeks off of the ATV and did back and shoulder work outs, stretched, and rolled by back every day. That alone made a HUGE difference, then when I got back on the quad I payed a lot more attention to my standing and sitting position to make sure my back was straight and tried to stand up more. All of that combined completely got rid of any pain and made me a much better rider.

Edited by duCOD pro
  • Helpful 1

I agree with duCOD pro. A foam rollers helps tremendously for back pain. I broke some vertebrae in football and the foam roller was a huge part of my physical therapy as well as correcting my posture. You can find rollers for $15 on amazon. Another thing I recommend is wearing comfortable shoes/getting new insoles. It may not seem like it but the small impacts of your feet can go directly to your back and cause issues. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 8:30 AM, Richard Hernandez said:

It can be so many things, Has she seen a doctor about it?

Often it's just a fitness issue, but it can be more serious.

I have a back injury and find a kidney belt does wonders for Me, in fact I can't ride without one.

BB04_Impact_Red__75821.1406287587.jpg?c=

Edited by DEATH_INC.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Get diagnosed before taking advice from all the experts on this forum.  Most people will say stretch and strengthen...good advice, unless you have a disc issue or tilted pelvis.