Adrian Brinkman

Beta2Stroke Well it finally happened :(

I looped the 300RR, hurt my wrist and banged up my knee a bit but I’m good, however the rear fender and lights didnt fare well.  I had been practicing for like 30mins, popping up slow wheelies, hitting rear brake to bring it down etc, hour later i pulled it up, came over and i didnt hit the brake... BLAH!  This is my first year riding so i guess its ok, but dang that hurt.  I think i kinda was shocked it came up higher than expected and froze and didnt even touch rear brake.  *sigh*

• Like 1

Don't feel bad. I "sponsor" two riders who have an affinity for hucking perfectly good bikes into the rocks. I call them my wife and daughter. Last week the wife looped her xtrainer and ripped off the rear fender at 11,000ft, broke the brand new LED DRC tail/brake light I put on it, broke one of the P-tech mounting bolts, lost a brake tip bolt, and did some other random damage. So she's getting a bike refresh that I just placed an order at RMATV for $650.

I should invest in Polisport stocks. 

image.png.e55356297d609a89d30b7af2101e1353.png

Also decided to upgrade her lid to a better one- she's pretty happy. Remember, its just stuff, and riding makes memories that last forever. She tried on EVERY brand, and of course the best fit was the 6D ATR-1

image.thumb.png.3c76080c9d2c84ccd0aa920f8a921817.png

• Like 3

$12 bucks on Amazon for the light/licenses plate holder and $30 for polishsport rear fender. Call it done. You can go beta OEM but it will be around 150$. I would go the cheaper route while your still learning as your likely to do it again. 

20200813_120903.jpg

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, redhurricane said:

Don't feel bad. I "sponsor" two riders who have an affinity for hucking perfectly good bikes into the rocks. I call them my wife and daughter. Last week the wife looped her xtrainer and ripped off the rear fender at 11,000ft, broke the brand new LED DRC tail/brake light I put on it, broke one of the P-tech mounting bolts, lost a brake tip bolt, and did some other random damage. So she's getting a bike refresh that I just placed an order at RMATV for $650.

I should invest in Polisport stocks. 

image.png.e55356297d609a89d30b7af2101e1353.png

Also decided to upgrade her lid to a better one- she's pretty happy. Remember, its just stuff, and riding makes memories that last forever. She tried on EVERY brand, and of course the best fit was the 6D ATR-1

image.thumb.png.3c76080c9d2c84ccd0aa920f8a921817.png

Man that sucks. It doesn't take much to rack up the repair bill. Good choice on the 6d though! Head injuries dont heal that well and I think people vastly underestimate how much the little hits take a toll on your brain.

Edited by NjBetaRider
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, EnduroPNW said:

$12 bucks on Amazon for the light/licenses plate holder and $30 for polishsport rear fender. Call it done. You can go beta OEM but it will be around 150$. I would go the cheaper route while your still learning as your likely to do it again. 

20200813_120903.jpg

That black piece that’s UNDER the fender, is that OEM or can that be bought by polysport as well ?

If you ride a dirt bike, eventually you're going to break or bend something on your bike or you may get a minor or major injury. It's all part of the risk of riding a dirt bike. I believe the rewards and enjoyment of riding out weigh the risks.      

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 3:46 AM, Adrian Brinkman said:

I looped the 300RR, hurt my wrist and banged up my knee a bit but I’m good, however the rear fender and lights didnt fare well.  I had been practicing for like 30mins, popping up slow wheelies, hitting rear brake to bring it down etc, hour later i pulled it up, came over and i didnt hit the brake... BLAH!  This is my first year riding so i guess its ok, but dang that hurt.  I think i kinda was shocked it came up higher than expected and froze and didnt even touch rear brake.  *sigh*

No biggee. Buy a polisport kit and that’s riding!!!

• Like 1

I looped mine out going up a steep single track in Idaho. The red part of the fender bent completely over toward the seat and broke both connections to the black lower fender. I flipped it back over and straightened it all out. The light still works and now it looks like its been ridden hard like it should be. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, NjBetaRider said:

Man that sucks. It doesn't take much to rack up the repair bill. Good choice on the 6d though! Head injuries dont heal that well and I think people vastly underestimate how much the little hits take a toll on your brain.

Have you ever had a head injury just curious 

Too many, all when I was young. Last one was while riding BMX about 20 years ago. I took a header off a 14ft vert ramp and all I remember was waking up in the MRI  machine. The neurologist told me I was out of chances and that I could not take anymore hits to the head without brain damage. That pretty much put an end to all of bike riding from there.

Everytime you get a concussion the fluid lining between your brain and skull shrinks a bit. That's why all of these studies have come out about NHL and NFL players taking all of these repetitive hits is causing permanent damage. 

I did quite a bit of research on helmets when getting back into riding last year and found that 6D has put a ton of research into their designs. They also study every helmet they get back to improve. All of these other manufacturers are just copies IMO. I also have no issue paying what ever they charge for them as it has allowed me to get back into a hobby I really enjoyed.

not a bad idea to just keep a spare front and rear fender around if you are on trails.

I usually go through at least one/season.