A broke guy doesn’t lease Honda factory bikes.  

EDIT: I watched the video, that guy is an idiot, Dungey is far from broke. The rider doesn’t pay for most of the stuff he listed in his “overhead “. 

Edited by GBow521
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

EDIT: I watched the video, that guy is an idiot, Dungey is far from broke. The rider doesn’t pay for most of the stuff he listed in his “overhead “. 

I thought the same thing, I know KTM paid for Aldon, but what does seem plausible to me is that he could have lost some money on investments, Intense bikes, the Geico Honda team etc. not saying he did, I think Dungey is a smart guy, but I’m saying it’s possible. 

10 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I thought the same thing, I know KTM paid for Aldon, but what does seem plausible to me is that he could have lost some money on investments, Intense bikes, the Geico Honda team etc. not saying he did, I think Dungey is a smart guy, but I’m saying it’s possible. 

He didn’t lose any money at Geico. From what I understand, he didn’t put any money into it before he bailed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GBow521 said:

He didn’t lose any money at Geico. From what I understand, he didn’t put any money into it before he bailed. 

So is he coming back??? Gonna be tough as it’s a really deep field imo...

54 minutes ago, DesertCR said:

In his prime he was as good as any of these guys. I don't believe he can come back and beat them though. He is 30 years old and it will be beyond difficult to get back to his former self especially after commiting to a family life. Not only is father time working against him now, he won't be able to commit to the same training discipline he had before. 

If he comes back I will have lower expectations. He could prove me wrong but I highly doubt it. 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, GBow521 said:

Surprised so serious.

That vid is the ultimate click bait for motoheads. It’s like free booze at an AA meeting

You know you shouldn’t but you can’t help yourself 

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, DesertCR said:

He has a big sponsor willing to pay for everything and Honda willing to help him with bikes. If I was a betting man I’d bet that he will come back for supercross. 

It will be difficult because he hasn’t raced in so long. He is still young and has the talent to go just as fast as anyone there, but he hasn’t used his mind to race for so long that imo it would be hard to get back.  

• Like 3

YES..  DUNGEY BROKE ....!

It happen in an SX race when Marvin was forced to pull over and shut off his bike so Dungey could win.... He did win, but something inside broke... DUNGEY BROKE

24 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

He has a big sponsor willing to pay for everything and Honda willing to help him with bikes. If I was a betting man I’d bet that he will come back for supercross. 

It will be difficult because he hasn’t raced in so long. He is still young and has the talent to go just as fast as anyone there, but he hasn’t used his mind to race for so long that imo it would be hard to get back.  

Is 30 really considered young in this sport? I don’t think so. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Is 30 really considered young in this sport? I don’t think so. 

Not when most retire at 26

A successful 30 year old rider is an anomaly 

• Like 4

Physically its downhill for most from about 27 or so. By 30 its becoming obvious to you that recovery time just isnt the same as it was a couple years ago.

As well the mind has started to change. The ignorance is bliss condition you ran on for 2 decades has been replaced with a bit more reality.

Those are the extra weights he will carry at 30

However there are exceptions to the rule. Not that they dont have the above issues, BUT a small percentage have the drive and the body to go a bit longer than the rest IF their body have no major wear n tear issues

Is RD that guy?

Seems to me possible

• Like 2

If he raced for over 10 years on a Factory contract and is now broke, I'd say he has some bigger issues. Racing a 20201 season after being out of the game, isn't going to do much. That has to be 1 of the worst rumors. Nothing in that video adds up at all lol.

• Like 1

I dont believe for a min that RD is broke

AND I doubt very much he will race again

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ah665 said:

If he raced for over 10 years on a Factory contract and is now broke, I'd say he has some bigger issues. Racing a 20201 season after being out of the game, isn't going to do much. That has to be 1 of the worst rumors. Nothing in that video adds up at all lol.

12 years and 8 titles (SX West don't count) 

And he doesn't seem like one to waste his money. I can't see him standing in line to buy the latest Ferrari and Lamborghini 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1