Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A broke guy doesn’t lease Honda factory bikes.  
 

EDIT: I watched the video, that guy is an idiot, Dungey is far from broke. The rider doesn’t pay for most of the stuff he listed in his “overhead “. 

Edited by GBow521
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

A broke guy doesn’t lease Honda factory bikes.  
 

EDIT: I watched the video, that guy is an idiot, Dungey is far from broke. The rider doesn’t pay for most of the stuff he listed in his “overhead “. 

I thought the same thing, I know KTM paid for Aldon, but what does seem plausible to me is that he could have lost some money on investments, Intense bikes, the Geico Honda team etc. not saying he did, I think Dungey is a smart guy, but I’m saying it’s possible. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I thought the same thing, I know KTM paid for Aldon, but what does seem plausible to me is that he could have lost some money on investments, Intense bikes, the Geico Honda team etc. not saying he did, I think Dungey is a smart guy, but I’m saying it’s possible. 
 

 

He didn’t lose any money at Geico. From what I understand, he didn’t put any money into it before he bailed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GBow521 said:

He didn’t lose any money at Geico. From what I understand, he didn’t put any money into it before he bailed. 

So is he coming back??? Gonna be tough as it’s a really deep field imo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DesertCR said:

So is he coming back??? Gonna be tough as it’s a really deep field imo...

In his prime he was as good as any of these guys. I don't believe he can come back and beat them though. He is 30 years old and it will be beyond difficult to get back to his former self especially after commiting to a family life. Not only is father time working against him now, he won't be able to commit to the same training discipline he had before. 

If he comes back I will have lower expectations. He could prove me wrong but I highly doubt it. 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GBow521 said:

A broke guy doesn’t lease Honda factory bikes.  
 

EDIT: I watched the video, that guy is an idiot, Dungey is far from broke. The rider doesn’t pay for most of the stuff he listed in his “overhead “. 

Surprised so serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That vid is the ultimate click bait for motoheads. It’s like free booze at an AA meeting

You know you shouldn’t but you can’t help yourself 

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DesertCR said:

So is he coming back??? Gonna be tough as it’s a really deep field imo...

He has a big sponsor willing to pay for everything and Honda willing to help him with bikes. If I was a betting man I’d bet that he will come back for supercross. 
 

 It will be difficult because he hasn’t raced in so long. He is still young and has the talent to go just as fast as anyone there, but he hasn’t used his mind to race for so long that imo it would be hard to get back.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES..  DUNGEY BROKE ....!

It happen in an SX race when Marvin was forced to pull over and shut off his bike so Dungey could win.... He did win, but something inside broke... DUNGEY BROKE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

He has a big sponsor willing to pay for everything and Honda willing to help him with bikes. If I was a betting man I’d bet that he will come back for supercross. 
 

 It will be difficult because he hasn’t raced in so long. He is still young and has the talent to go just as fast as anyone there, but he hasn’t used his mind to race for so long that imo it would be hard to get back.  

Is 30 really considered young in this sport? I don’t think so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Is 30 really considered young in this sport? I don’t think so. 

Not when most retire at 26

A successful 30 year old rider is an anomaly 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Physically its downhill for most from about 27 or so. By 30 its becoming obvious to you that recovery time just isnt the same as it was a couple years ago.

As well the mind has started to change. The ignorance is bliss condition you ran on for 2 decades has been replaced with a bit more reality.

Those are the extra weights he will carry at 30

However there are exceptions to the rule. Not that they dont have the above issues, BUT a small percentage have the drive and the body to go a bit longer than the rest IF their body have no major wear n tear issues

Is RD that guy?

Seems to me possible

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he raced for over 10 years on a Factory contract and is now broke, I'd say he has some bigger issues. Racing a 20201 season after being out of the game, isn't going to do much. That has to be 1 of the worst rumors. Nothing in that video adds up at all lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont believe for a min that RD is broke

AND I doubt very much he will race again

 

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ah665 said:

If he raced for over 10 years on a Factory contract and is now broke, I'd say he has some bigger issues. Racing a 20201 season after being out of the game, isn't going to do much. That has to be 1 of the worst rumors. Nothing in that video adds up at all lol.

12 years and 8 titles (SX West don't count) 

And he doesn't seem like one to waste his money. I can't see him standing in line to buy the latest Ferrari and Lamborghini 

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...