Stew Baylor gets loaned a Yamaha and wins GNCC

Can we get some classic MC Bud Light graphics on that man's bike already? Ha

The number of blue bikes lining up at offroad races around here have skyrocketed over the last 4 years or so. Seems like they've just been selling to those in tune with the industry already. Without a big ticket offroad rider doing much on the big stages, you'd think they'd want to jump all over anybody that puts them on the top step of a GNCC. Big fan of Stu and BluCru so I hope it works out. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

2 DNF’s on Sherco and he wasn’t quiet about it. 

That's why I assume people are hesitant to talk to him. As a paid factory rider it's your job to make your bike brand look the best. I recall David Knight having a similar issue.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, MXR said:

I haven’t followed the details of his career.  So what did he do that’s keeping him from getting signed.  If he’s the fastest, and he can’t get signed... somethings wrong.  What happened with Sherco?

He opens his mouth too much. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, k.g said:

Probably because AP7 has an extensive knowledge of GNCC??

I know lots of guys that race GNCC that wouldn’t have a clue what KR makes. I’ve heard from some people that work with him he is closer to $500k with bonuses and sponsors. I guess none of us would really know. 
There used to be big money in GNCC back in the day. Shane Watts was making huge money with KTM. 

4 hours ago, k.g said:

Probably because AP7 has an extensive knowledge of GNCC??

Yeah, I would guess both he and his dad are still fairly in tune with what's going on there.  GNCC is very popular, but does not bring the crowd like supercross etc so it's probably all relative as far as pay. 

1 minute ago, ckny said:

You must not be listening. He’s been pretty outspoken and critical. Did you not get that from his latest interview? 

Post them up.. What did he say was wrong with the sherco? 

Think it was voltage regulator/electrical that caused his dnfs? 

2 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

Well, he's not getting Kwak up to the plate with that glowing commentary on their reliability! ?

Some guys just can’t play the game when it comes to business. The guy goes on about how he has a mortgage to pay, if he’d just shut his trap and ride he’d be sitting pretty. Until he can work on his emotional intelligence I doubt any big players will take a chance on him.

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

Well, he's not getting Kwak up to the plate with that glowing commentary on their reliability! ?

Your interpretation seems to be that the Kaw was unreliable. My interpretation is that he was forced to put so many hours on one bike with practice, set up sessions and general "dialing it in" that it just was getting too many hours on it.  Not having a pure "race event bike" + dedicated mechanica nd separate practice bike is a huge disadvantage.  I don't see his statement as derogatory of the Kaw regarding reliability. Stew was just stating his ONLY bike is getting used up before the race even occurs IMO.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Piney Woods said:

Your interpretation seems to be that the Kaw was unreliable. My interpretation is that he was forced to put so many hours on one bike with practice, set up sessions and general "dialing it in" that it just was getting too many hours on it.  Not having a pure "race event bike" + dedicated mechanica nd separate practice bike is a huge disadvantage.  I don't see his statement as derogatory of the Kaw regarding reliability. Stew was just stating his ONLY bike is getting used up before the race even occurs IMO.

He don't even have a ride so you're prolly not to crowded on his nuts.

9 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

He don't even have a ride so you're prolly not to crowded on his nuts.

Nah, that's pretty much what I got out of it as well. He has a kx450 with many hours on it already. It's been his race, practice and training class bike. Running at pro speeds in a 3 hour GNCC would make any bike suspect that has already hours etc. Hell KR couldn't even ride his bike full out in an event or 2 this year for 3 hours and had to baby his bike while his teammate lets him by. And that's a factory bike with mechanics rebuilding it between every event.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 2
  • Confused 1