Jump to content
hawaiidirtrider

BYOB for 2021 and to your door too..

Recommended Posts

Beta is no longer delivering bikes directly to the customer, it must go to the dealer.  They where only doing it because of Covid and dealers who where staying closed at the time. 
 

From what Beta said almost nobody took advantage of the direct delivery. 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, The RR-S models have to be kept street legal through BYOB. That means DOT tires, stock exhaust, stock lighting etc. There is no credit or exchange on some items like suspension. Other items like wheels, bars, levers, and some smaller parts there is a credit against upgrades.

 Looks like you would need to talk to a dealer or sell or keep these items yourself.

The good news.....the RE's will be hitting the dealers about the same time as the RR-S BYOB builds. Arriving at dealers in November.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 3:44 AM, Cullins said:

Beta is no longer delivering bikes directly to the customer, it must go to the dealer.  They where only doing it because of Covid and dealers who where staying closed at the time. 
 

From what Beta said almost nobody took advantage of the direct delivery. 

Hmm but this is out on Sept 11, 2020? Some errant news from earlier???? And for 2021???

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

FYI, The RR-S models have to be kept street legal through BYOB. That means DOT tires, stock exhaust, stock lighting etc. There is no credit or exchange on some items like suspension. Other items like wheels, bars, levers, and some smaller parts there is a credit against upgrades.

 Looks like you would need to talk to a dealer or sell or keep these items yourself.

The good news.....the RE's will be hitting the dealers about the same time as the RR-S BYOB builds. Arriving at dealers in November.

That’s still ok with me. Great even. BYOB is an option I didn’t take with my other Betas so this would be cool too to have a bike custom made for you from the factory.  DOT tires are fine for an rrs and a stock light and for 4 strokes there isnt a lot of performance improvement for the exhaust for aftermarket. It looks good and maybe a little lighter but not much more power??  . I even recently bought a very lightly used stock slip on to change to from my fmf in an effort to bring noise down for my 350. I’ll try it. To me the most difference is more sound with the fmf or not stock omainly. I always kind of thought if you want more power then just buy the next bigger motor anyway. If your 350 isnt enough then get a 390. That not enough? Get a 430 or 480/500. .. no need to buy a pipe and get a tiny amount of performance improvement. Have any of you felt an aftermarket pipe for a 4 stroke Beta is really worth the price as far as performance bang for your buck? Maybe certain models guys get that it’s more worth it? Idk.. It hasn’t seemed so much in my experience. I do like a quiet bike too. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

That’s still ok with me. Great even. BYOB is an option I didn’t take with my other Betas so this would be cool too to have a bike custom made for you from the factory.  DOT tires are fine for an rrs and a stock light and for 4 strokes there isnt a lot of performance improvement for the exhaust for aftermarket. It looks good and maybe a little lighter but not much more power??  . I even recently bought a very lightly used stock slip on to change to from my fmf in an effort to bring noise down for my 350. I’ll try it. To me the most difference is more sound with the fmf or not stock omainly. I always kind of thought if you want more power then just buy the next bigger motor anyway. If your 350 isnt enough then get a 390. That not enough? Get a 430 or 480/500. .. no need to buy a pipe and get a tiny amount of performance improvement. Have any of you felt an aftermarket pipe for a 4 stroke Beta is really worth the price as far as performance bang for your buck? Maybe certain models guys get that it’s more worth it? Idk.. It hasn’t seemed so much in my experience. I do like a quiet bike too. 
 

 

 Yep the exhaust is almost a bling item, not really needed on a 480. That titanium can with the blue anodizing sure looks good, I'd probably cry the 1st time I scratched it. Max Gerston says he likes to run the spark arrestor for better bottom end power.  

So this kills the idea of a RR-S build for me as an MX model, I do like the red and black graphics, kind of a more old school look. Nothing a graphics kit couldn't solve. Not having to wait til February for RE's is a great thing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

 Yep the exhaust is almost a bling item, not really needed on a 480. That titanium can with the blue anodizing sure looks good, I'd probably cry the 1st time I scratched it. Max Gerston says he likes to run the spark arrestor for better bottom end power.  

So this kills the idea of a RR-S build for me as an MX model, I do like the red and black graphics, kind of a more old school look. Nothing a graphics kit couldn't solve. Not having to wait til February for RE's is a great thing. 

Well you can just go the regular way and just build yourself. Nothing wrong there either.  Send suspension out and maybe put flex bars and bling it up whatever way you want.  I’ll tell you. For you I just keep going back around to what you got in your 500. Make a list of all the trickest shit you could possibly  want for your bike and tally it up. Then figure the price for a brand new bike with all the trickest shit and tally up again. Compare prices and bike to bike.  Then you can figure for you if it’s worth it. I mean for the difference in price? Id max out the 500 and then straight buy a year old lightly used completely other bike and mod the shit out of that. Get a 2 stroke. Or another smaller motored 4 stroke. Have a couple bikes for the price of one. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

 Yep the exhaust is almost a bling item, not really needed on a 480. That titanium can with the blue anodizing sure looks good, I'd probably cry the 1st time I scratched it. Max Gerston says he likes to run the spark arrestor for better bottom end power.  

So this kills the idea of a RR-S build for me as an MX model, I do like the red and black graphics, kind of a more old school look. Nothing a graphics kit couldn't solve. Not having to wait til February for RE's is a great thing. 

Hmm Thanks. Interesting tidbit on Gerston liking the spark arrestor for a little more low end. It’s quieter too. Kill 2 birds with one stone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rharr said:

they are focusing on the most popular models is my guess based on last years sales. 

Availability of inventory not spoken for by dealers. One could assume the 430 was the most popular? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that is a great question, what was the most popular model? I would say 390 or 300 as that is the most talked about here, and not because I am bias. 

Edited by rharr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Availability of inventory not spoken for by dealers. One could assume the 430 was the most popular? 

??? It used to be that the Xtrainer was a top seller some years ago if you believe certain posts. Who knows for sure. Need a Beta factory rep to give current correct info on that. Here few 4 strokes are sold. It’s 2 stroke country. Other places a bunch of Beta 4 strokes are sold and few 2 strokes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

??? It used to be that the Xtrainer was a top seller some years ago if you believe certain posts. Who knows for sure. Need a Beta factory rep to give current correct info on that. Here few 4 strokes are sold. It’s 2 stroke country. Other places a bunch of Beta 4 strokes are sold and few 2 strokes. 

I should have been more clear. My guess only pertains to RR-S models. It still doesn't mean highest volume unit, it just means most orders by dealers for stock or pre-sold. I suspect 2t's in the U.S. represent around 70% of the volume for Beta. 

Most of you may have missed it, but in the thread about the service bulletin on the 2 stroke ground wires, it's very obvious how many of each model 2t have been built up to that time, since it lists the sequence of VIN numbers last 4 digits. The 300 was dominant. You can only sell what inventory you have available, so ordering for distributors is a function of looking at prior sales history. 

Edited by Johnny Depp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...