Greyson Raasch

fcr39 FCR39 what is NDSR & NCVQ??

FCR39 F.S Needle question: What the heck does NDSR & NCVQ stand for/mean? NDSR and NCVQ is some kind of needle (?) if I understand that correctly? So, what do they stand for? Also, while I'm asking... are there any other abbreviations in reference to the FCR flat side anyone would like to share? Example: I know AP= accelerator pump. Help me and others and throw some more abbreviations and lingo definitions out here. How do I know which needle I have? Do these needles come stock? Recommendations on which to use and what brand? Would the needles be included in a jet kit?

I have been searching google, YFZcentral, and TT for literally the last 30 minutes. I suck at finding stuff online.

Off topic a little from my original question about the definitions...                                   I have a FCR39 flat side carburetor off of an 04 YFZ450 from Ebay. I am rebuilding the carb with a cheap All Balls rebuild kit that has NOTHING AT ALL indicating what parts are included. I can barely make out the size engraved on  each jet. I can figure out what's what no problem. But, you get what you pay for.. So, anybody have a favorite brand for carb rebuild & jet kits(I haven't ordered the jet kit yet?? Any advice on rebuilding the FCR? Anybody have a favorite setup to try? I am rebuilding and jetting the FCR for my 06 LTZ400 CW+4mmBBk, HR+4mm stroker, (stock base gasket 😞) Stage 2 IN& EX Cams and Full Yoshi RS-2, no airbox lid. The FCR is completely new to me, I know nothing about it. All answers,advice, recommendations and tips are greatly appreciated.

I've read a ton of jet size and needle clip configurations to try. But for my exact setup, all recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Needle laters define the needles dimensions. Sadly, some OEM needles do not fit the code, the OEM having unique sequences. So a Keihin needle from say, JetsRUS may not be the same as OEM. However, for Keihin needles, here is the skinny.

809970670_NeedleDiagram.jpg.8c2f8daebb2dac41561d9767a74da1c6.jpgNeedleEffect.jpg.cbf413602db57d0ead6ea35f8abe1470.jpgFCRTuningguide.jpg.5791829367108c85aee885693a47c4c7.jpg

FCRNeedles.jpg.3857cc32cad2ed13c38cf9fd369dc09e.jpg

Wouldn't buy anything till you get the clean carb with stock jetting in it on the bike and running.  Go from there.  Your build doesn't necessarily mean it needs a bunch of "bigger" jets or different needles.