2011 yz450f just bought it from a one owner, took it to the track and rode fine, killed it to take a break went back and kicked it several times and it locked up, I couldn’t kick it, so I put new piston/rings new timing chain, when to start it and same thing.. I didn’t split the case, because the crank seemed fine and would turn over with out the top end on.. what could it be? The guy helping me was a dirt bike/sidebyside/atv mechanic for years and it stumped him. Thoughts??

24 minutes ago, Skyler Matthews said:

2011 yz450f just bought it from a one owner, took it to the track and rode fine, killed it to take a break went back and kicked it several times and it locked up, I couldn’t kick it, so I put new piston/rings new timing chain, when to start it and same thing.. I didn’t split the case, because the crank seemed fine and would turn over with out the top end on.. what could it be? The guy helping me was a dirt bike/sidebyside/atv mechanic for years and it stumped him. Thoughts??

Is the cam seized on the head?

No sir, cams are just fine.. 

at this point I really just don’t know what it’s going to be, I could split the case but I feel like that would be a waste of time taking into account that the bottom and turns over the problem is the top end and the valves are fine

12 hours ago, Skyler Matthews said:

No sir, cams are just fine.. 

at this point I really just don’t know what it’s going to be, I could split the case but I feel like that would be a waste of time taking into account that the bottom and turns over the problem is the top end and the valves are fine

When you had the top end off of the motor, did you turn the crank by hand, or pushing on the kick starter?