Yz250x governor mod

I've got a 2019 yz250x and looking to do the power valve mod. I know there has to be a thread already started but the ones I click on are people arguing as to which washer to remove. Lol could someone point me in the right direction or simply explain which washer needs removed. Thank you 

• 2 months later...

Quick question. When installing the case cover back on, is there any way to ensure or tell that the pv gear is meshed right? I placed the cover on, rotated the clutch assembly slightly until the case dropped down. The water pump was meshed right and spun when I rotated the clutch assembly. Should I be good to go? Kinda worried cause I can't be 100% sure that the pv gear is meshed properly as well. There's really no way to look or tell.. Thanks in advance 

• TT Sponsor
8 hours ago, Dconer1 said:

Quick question. When installing the case cover back on, is there any way to ensure or tell that the pv gear is meshed right? I placed the cover on, rotated the clutch assembly slightly until the case dropped down. The water pump was meshed right and spun when I rotated the clutch assembly. Should I be good to go? Kinda worried cause I can't be 100% sure that the pv gear is meshed properly as well. There's really no way to look or tell.. Thanks in advance 

If the case dropped down after you rotated the clutch it’s probably all set. The case never bottoms all the way, there is always .5 mm of spring-loaded gap at the governor that you can easily push that last little bit by hand. That is normal. If there’s any more than like 2 mm + gap then one of the gears is not aligned and you shouldn’t put the bolts in.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

2 hours ago, Kinger317 said:

If the case dropped down after you rotated the clutch it’s probably all set. The case never bottoms all the way, there is always .5 mm of spring-loaded gap at the governor that you can easily push that last little bit by hand. That is normal. If there’s any more than like 2 mm + gap then one of the gears is not aligned and you shouldn’t put the bolts in.

OK thanks. It definetly dropped all the way down with just a smidge left that was eaisly pressed down by hand. The water pump was meshed good because it was spinning with the engine when I rotated the clutch assembly by hand. I was just a tad worried about the pv cause you can't see anything on it 

• TT Sponsor
2 hours ago, Dconer1 said:

OK thanks. It definetly dropped all the way down with just a smidge left that was eaisly pressed down by hand. The water pump was meshed good because it was spinning with the engine when I rotated the clutch assembly by hand. I was just a tad worried about the pv cause you can't see anything on it 

You’re good to go ?

Any tips on removing/installing the case cover? I'm pulling the cover to replace the shift spring and going to knock out the powervalve mod while it's off. First time this deep into the side of it and just wondering if there's anything I should look out for. Any tricks or anything to make note of when unhooking the powervalve, kickstarter gears, anything random I'm not even aware of yet? I'm good with everything clutch related, I've done this before and on other bikes, just never taken any of the larger side covers off.