Jump to content

Back For Another Round


Recommended Posts

Big thanks to Brian Hare for getting this old pig up and running with a piston/cam swap...and adding the bling. I was telling him the oil is so freakin clean than it's hard to see on the dipstick. Has about 50 miles on the rebore. Kind of been driving it a little hard...lots of wheelies lol. Oil has been changed 2 or 3 times so far. When can I throw some synthetic in it?  I have a fcr with a ncvt needle and all the jetting required.  Should make it a real woods weapon then.

20200927_111110.jpg

20200927_111539.jpg

20200927_114858.jpg

20200927_114749.jpg

20200927_115455.jpg

20200927_112222.jpg

Edited by Thumper3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do not go to syn oil too early..those rings were slow to breakin...and will not be fully broken in for awhile..

oh...and ride the hell out of it,,being a pussy = bad ring sealing   lol..

after an engine has heat cycled a few times you gotta be fairly aggressive accelerating and decelerating or the rings will never seat properly and glazing will be an issue..

 

B

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brianhare said:

Do not go to syn oil too early..those rings were slow to breakin...and will not be fully broken in for awhile..

oh...and ride the hell out of it,,being a pussy = bad ring sealing   lol..

after an engine has heat cycled a few times you gotta be fairly aggressive accelerating and decelerating or the rings will never seat properly and glazing will be an issue..

 

B

No worries there Brian. Been flogging it pretty hard going through the gears. Lots of wheelies thrown in for good measure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Thumper3 said:

Big thanks to Brian Hare for getting this old pig up and running with a piston/cam swap...and adding the bling. I was telling him the oil is so freakin clean than it's hard to see on the dipstick. Has about 50 miles on the rebore. Kind of been driving it a little hard...lots of wheelies lol. Oil has been changed 2 or 3 times so far. When can I throw some synthetic in it?  I have a fcr with a ncvt needle and all the jetting required.  Should make it a real woods weapon then.

20200927_111110.jpg

20200927_111539.jpg

20200927_114858.jpg

20200927_114749.jpg

20200927_115455.jpg

20200927_112222.jpg

Real nice. Go plow some fields. Get a fork brace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 2:15 PM, Thumper3 said:

Cmbthumper. Here's a pic of the antigravity battery shoehorned in behind the ufo headlight. Great location. Have had 0 problems in the 3+ years it has been there.

Resized_20200924_204537.jpeg,and it does need a new battery

 

which anti grav battery,and does it need a special charger? Just picked up a 650l today,deciding what changes to do over the winter. also dont know plus/minuses of anti grav battery or shorai,charging,weight etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the xps sc1. I have had it for 3+ years. It's not really recommended for street use, but at the advice of a thumpertalk member, I decided to try it. Works awesome! Have never had to charge it over the winter months. Just put it up on the kitchen shelf till spring.

...I ran the ballistic lithium before this one. Nothing but problems! Pure junk. Went through 3 of them over a 2 year period. This antigravity is rock solid.  You will need a lithium charger if you buy one. I just bought a charger last week because it went on sale for cheap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thumper3 said:

It's the xps sc1. I have had it for 3+ years. It's not really recommended for street use, but at the advice of a thumpertalk member, I decided to try it. Works awesome! Have never had to charge it over the winter months. Just put it up on the kitchen shelf till spring.

...I ran the ballistic lithium before this one. Nothing but problems! Pure junk. Went through 3 of them over a 2 year period. This antigravity is rock solid.  You will need a lithium charger if you buy one. I just bought a charger last week because it went on sale for cheap.

How much weight to do think you saved switching batteries?
I’m going to remove my headlight entirely this winter I think I’ll try to put the battery and Cdi box where the light was. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Switching to a lithium,  and ditching the battery holder ( briefcase ), on the side of the bike will drop about 10 lbs off of its carcass.  You will notice the difference in handling. If memory serves, I believe the stock battery is about 7 lbs, and the antigravity comes in just under a pound. 

  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Thumper3 said:

Switching to a lithium,  and ditching the battery holder ( briefcase ), on the side of the bike will drop about 10 lbs off of its carcass.  You will notice the difference in handling. If memory serves, I believe the stock battery is about 7 lbs, and the antigravity comes in just under a pound. 

Very nice I’m excited to get it wired up. im losing the kickstand and all turn signal stuff as well. I’m trying to get it as close to 300 pounds as I can and hit 50 horsepower on the dyno. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Bigfatredpig said:

Very nice I’m excited to get it wired up. im losing the kickstand and all turn signal stuff as well. I’m trying to get it as close to 300 pounds as I can and hit 50 horsepower on the dyno. 

Yup, I got mine down to 292 lbs dry.  Well, I decided to add the tiny oxford blinkers. So maybe 293 now...🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

×
×
  • Create New...