Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400E gas mileage

Depends on the terrain but I maxxed out w/ stock tank @ about 80 miles the least was probly around 65-70...Give or take.

When I ride hard with 13/47 or 14/50 gearing I get 30MPG. With 15/47 on the gas all the time I get 40MPG. When I was dual sport cruzing 55-60 MPH with 15/47 on the high way I got 50 MPG.

01 E ridden at a moderate to "almost fast" pace in the woods, stock jetting, snorkle in, stock pipe, 28 mpg all day every day.

I was not going far with the stock tank - maybe 80 miles max. I just put on a Clarke 4.2 gal tank. My range is much better now.

The book says... According to Cycle World June 2000 the Fuel Mileage is High/Low/Avg - 48/28/35. The average range including reserve was 81 miles.

Thanks guys. Around 70 is what I am used to and is plenty in tight woods, besides I may need an excuse to go back to the rig and I'm out of gas :thumbsup: is a good one. Learned that trick from an out of shape friend, who would only fill his tank half way, so it wouldn't be long before he'd have an excuse for a breather. Probably stupid questions, but how well do the oversized tanks fit, what was the cost and do you notice any/much difference in how the bike feels with the weight of the extra fuel?