Radiators

I have recently had a tree eat my left hand side radiator off my 2000 WR400. I swear the tree jumped out in front of me, although I'm having a hard time convincing anyone else of this.

What I need ia a used radiator for the left had side. (This is the left as you are sitting on the bike). If anyone has one for sale let me know. If not, tell me a cheaper place than the $239.00 my dealer is saying this will cost to replace.

And No, it can't be fixed per my radiator shop.

Vic.

[This message has been edited by Vic (edited 06-04-2001).]

Vic,

Your shop may not be able to fix the rad. You should still try a search, using "radiator Repair". If your shop does not specialize in motorcycle rads. The one you find in the search might be able to fix it?

Does that make any sense?

Bill

------------------

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, MX-Tech suspension, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

After a nasty frontal-left side crash with another bike I had to replace the left radiator and paid something similar to what you quoted.

Are the Thumper/Flatland radiator guards still the best pick? At USD 75 flat price plus shipping and tax I probably get them in-house here in Europe for half of the replacement cost of one radiator. So if I manage to wreck one more in the lifetime of the bike, it is a good investment. Tough choice..

What about cooling with these guards? It is decreasing much or no noticable difference?

hey Vic

Let me know if your still looking for a used one...i crunched mine a bit underneath (not seriously)when i first got my bike. bought a new one just incase. i used the damaged one for a year before putting the new one on when i got my new plastics. never had a problem with leaking etc. i'd let it go for 50 bucks if ya want it.

-Chuck

ooops, forgot to mention it's for a '99 WR. not sure if there is a difference.

[This message has been edited by WR_Rider (edited 06-03-2001).]

I just got mine back from Mylers: they fixed it just like new, 1 day turn around service. These people do great work for very reasonable $.....I would send them even the worst/smashed/crushed/leaking radiators. You will spend a lot less than $200-230 for a new one, which I understand are not avail. from Yamaha.

Thanks for responding everyone!

ScottH, you are right Powersports.com does have the best new price that I can find and blows all the local dealers away within a 1 hour drive of my house. Can you belive one dealer wanted $278.00.

Bill, My radiator is so bent and torn nearly in half I contend she is a loss. Sorry, but Niles and I won't be able to make your June 15th weekend trip. I have 10 riders including myself going on a trip that I run twice a year, to NY on the same weekend. We will be renting my buddies cabin along the river and will run the snowmobile trails and his track for three days.

Pimcon, Yes radiator guards will be going on my bike before my next ride. An expensive lesson has been learned.

WR Rider, Sorry, but your radiator doesn't cross-reference to mine year per my local Yamaha dealership.

Vince, I sent you and e-mail, get back with me quick.

Vic.

Ok, Vince's radiator won't work and I need Mylers phone # ASAP!

I searched the old post and most of them are stating file not found and I didn't see their number anywhere.

Help,

Vic.

Vic:

Just my 2 cents, but Mylers also repaired my crushed rad about 6 months ago.. crushed when other MX rider came down on me,, I m ok, but my left side of bike fell on his rear axle bolt.. Mylers repaired with 2 day turnaround and for 40 bucks.. still works great..

MS

98 WR400