The bike doesn't dictate whether you injure yourself or not unless maybe you are completely new.   Your skill level and judgement controls that.  Are you really new to riding?

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

I'm gonna guess you weren't wearing mx boots....amirite? I would broke both my feet on my last ride if I wasn't wearing 400$ plastic battleships on my feet. I also would have been impaled. It's not the bike. 

20200919_121726.jpg

Man, getting impaled on branch is one of my biggest fears.  I just attended a Sprint Enduro that was a fund raiser / memorial for a well known local rider who passed away after an incident like this that happened in a race.

RIP Steve Vollmar.

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Doc_d said:

Man, getting impaled on branch is one of my biggest fears.  I just attended a Sprint Enduro that was a fund raiser / memorial for a well known local rider who passed away after an incident like this that happened in a race.

RIP Steve Vollmar.

Doc

Sprint enduro at log road. I was there, that enduro section was a tough one, I got a bit aggressive in there and it put me down. Was a sad end for Steve vollmar

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blizzard TV said:

Ok so I broke my foot and I wanna keep riding don’t want anything crazy I was on a 250r I can’t afford to break again so lookin for more trail type bikes but still want some power open for 2 or 4 strokes suggestions? I’m 5’8

No, do not keep riding.  Please do not be that statistic.  You are going to most likely lay the bike down on the side of the broken foot and guess what?..... you will break it worse.  I currently have a broken foot.  Broke my right foot 5th metatarsal 6 months ago.  Stupid me kept jump roping with it being broken, didn't listen to my body.  I dealt with the pain.  But see the pain wasn't so bad in the beginning but after I kept roping it became a lot worse.  I mean a lot worse.  I broke one of the bones that 75 percent of the time cannot heal itself.  And mine hasn't.  I just had a screw set in 4 weeks ago today!!!!!!  So please listen to us who have been there.  Are you a pro rider?  Probably not.  Do you have sponsorships?  Probably not.  Save your money and save your body.  Be ready to go when the foot is ready to go.  Become stronger.  Do upper body workouts.  Maybe ride a stationary bike while watching mx racing.  Do low impact high intensity training.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Turn,TheScrew said:

Most of my friends have been to the ER after a crash on a stupid pit bike.

Its like blaming the car for hitting a deer. 

Yeah, well, can't teach these kids today.  It is like taking a bike for a ride down the road.  Yah I don't need a helmet, it is just a quick test ride. But hey, sometimes everyone has to learn the hard way right?

• Like 1

Yet another paid post to generate content...or just as stupid. Notice that the laughably ludicrous posts come from "new" members and have preposterous premises. 

This may add post count in the short term, but it ruins forums in the long run, turning them into ridiculous effigies of what once was a real forum. I come here less and less because of these fake posts. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

I'm gonna guess you weren't wearing mx boots....amirite? I would broke both my feet on my last ride if I wasn't wearing 400$ plastic battleships on my feet. I also would have been impaled. It's not the bike. 

20200919_121726.jpg

Well, in your case it was bike... Betas are dangerous! 😐😐

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Turn,TheScrew said:

My friends aren't kids. Lol

Oh I gotcha, but some friends who are grown up don't act grown up, they act "childish". lol.  It is them that set the bad example. 

Edited by FLO_Rida

4 hours ago, LSHD said:

Yet another paid post to generate content...or just as stupid. Notice that the laughably ludicrous posts come from "new" members and have preposterous premises. 

This may add post count in the short term, but it ruins forums in the long run, turning them into ridiculous effigies of what once was a real forum. I come here less and less because of these fake posts. 

I think they're super fun. But I also go into BiMart just to stare at all the shiny new fishing lures.

43 minutes ago, FLO_Rida said:

Oh I gotcha, but some friends who are grown up don't act grown up, they act "childish". lol.  It is them that set the bad example. 

grown ups are dead inside. 

8 hours ago, LSHD said:

Paid posts? Where'd you get that from?

• Haha 1