XR200 84 xr200r DC engine

So I picked this up right before the pandemic and it's been sitting wondering if anyone would be interested in the engine I plan to do a engine swap 

The engine does turn over pretty easy comes with all the wiring carbs and header not trying to ship complete exhaust

20200605_091749.jpg

20200605_172814.jpg

The camshaft and the rocker arms wear out on these engines.  If the ones you have are in good shape still I am sure there will be someone who is interested.

NO, the two valve motor is from a different engine family and will not fit the frame.  The 84-85 XR200R/250R bikes share the same engine but with different bores and other things to accommodate the differences in displacement. 86-95 engine parts will generally fit, the big difference being the 86-95 had a longer stroke and smaller bore plus were single carb, and some had oil coolers.

One poster, I think in the XR250/400 forum (maybe this one), made mods to increase oil flow to the cam.

These engines suffer from lean mid throttle jetting and tend to over heat, run the wrong oil or not change it regularly and they self destruct.  For many years (about 20)  I owned an 84 XR250R and never had a problem but I rejetted it and used it in the cool (relatively) PNW, never in the desert. And it was in an 87 chassis, just used the 84 air boot to suit the dual carbs, but that is another story.

Edited by Chuck.

Late reply but I'm pulling the motor this weekend and I'll take a look at the head havent looked to much into the motor beside hearing all the issues. Now besides that I need to change the rear sprocket to a 428 chain and sprocket to work with the engine that's going in it

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 12:39 AM, Blake Lang said:

So I picked this up right before the pandemic and it's been sitting wondering if anyone would be interested in the engine I plan to do a engine swap 

The engine does turn over pretty easy comes with all the wiring carbs and header not trying to ship complete exhaust

20200605_091749.jpg

20200605_172814.jpg

Dude get rid of those two plants near your 4-wheeler and that tree is going to destroy your plumbing system and wrap its roots around your septic tank.

I might not know schit about your Honda but that tree and large green leaf plant are not good to have in your yard.

• Helpful 1

19 hours ago, Chuck. said:

Why 428 chain? 520 has been the standard for most 200cc + dirt bikes since the late 70s.

And I doubt you will be able to find a 428 sprocket for the RFVC engine.

no I'm pulling the RFVC engine it will cost to much time and money to not only repair it but keep it running and replacing it with either a hawk 250 engine (428) or a predator 212 with a torque converter (410)

Edited by Blake Lang

On 10/10/2020 at 5:39 AM, Blake Lang said:

no I'm pulling the RFVC engine it will cost to much time and money to not only repair it but keep it running and replacing it with either a hawk 250 engine (428) or a predator 212 with a torque converter (410)

The Hawk motor is just a Honda CG clone.  It would be easier to use a 520 Honda sprocket than trying to find a 428 for the xr.

Good luck either way. Keep us posted on the build.  I like to see custom stuff.

Hey Chadzu, 

Did you ever pull the top off of this engine and see what the cam and rocker arms looked like? If they looked good, I'd be interested in buying the engine. 

Thanks 

7 hours ago, JunkyJoe said:

Hey Chadzu, 

Did you ever pull the top off of this engine and see what the cam and rocker arms looked like? If they looked good, I'd be interested in buying the engine. 

Thanks 

Sorry this isn't my thread.

Oops sorry Chadzu. 

Hey Blake, 

Did you ever pull the top off of this engine and see what the cam and rocker arms looked like? If they looked good, I'd be interested in buying the engine. 

Thanks