If you’ve got rust you need this.

Hey guys! 
The title says it all. I pulled the bottom end out of my YZ, and figured while that was off, I my as well pull all the axels and anything that was rusty and clean them. 

I didn’t think to take a before picture, but these pipes were solid rust. I thought there’s no way I’d be able to save em. 

THEN, the pops said “ this stuff is worth it’s weight in gold” and boy o boy, was he right. 

This metal rescue brand rust remover is absolutely phenomenal and I’ll never use anything else. When I say these were solid rust I mean they had flakey rust falling off them. Now look at em. 
I am not endorsed or payed in any way by this company. You can leave bolts or anything overnight and a brissle pad with some dawn the next morning , OR 48 hrs after and they will look this good. It’s unreal stuff and I had to share! 

DF8B3512-651F-4FED-B49F-14F87679D54F.jpeg

626E8F38-E1B1-4072-81CB-3CEA635144D0.jpeg

7B050BF4-8254-4F0A-8A70-7AC4D7E266F0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Kibmj43 said:

Hey guys! 
The title says it all. I pulled the bottom end out of my YZ, and figured while that was off, I my as well pull all the axels and anything that was rusty and clean them. 

I didn’t think to take a before picture, but these pipes were solid rust. I thought there’s no way I’d be able to save em. 

THEN, the pops said “ this stuff is worth it’s weight in gold” and boy o boy, was he right. 

This metal rescue brand rust remover is absolutely phenomenal and I’ll never use anything else. When I say these were solid rust I mean they had flakey rust falling off them. Now look at em. 
I am not endorsed or payed in any way by this company. You can leave bolts or anything overnight and a brissle pad with some dawn the next morning , OR 48 hrs after and they will look this good. It’s unreal stuff and I had to share! 

DF8B3512-651F-4FED-B49F-14F87679D54F.jpeg

626E8F38-E1B1-4072-81CB-3CEA635144D0.jpeg

7B050BF4-8254-4F0A-8A70-7AC4D7E266F0.jpeg

Does the after effects help to inhibit future rust?

8 minutes ago, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

Does the after effects help to inhibit future rust?

To be honest I have no idea on that. But there are tons of products out there saying rust removal and none of them even touch this stuff. This stuff is amazing. I’d say it doesn’t because once it’s dry and water touches it again it can rust again, as with any metal. It would have to stay on and stay coating the metal. 

10 minutes ago, Kibmj43 said:

To be honest I have no idea on that. But there are tons of products out there saying rust removal and none of them even touch this stuff. This stuff is amazing. I’d say it doesn’t because once it’s dry and water touches it again it can rust again, as with any metal. It would have to stay on and stay coating the metal. 

Maybe Rain-X or a clear coat.

Rustoleum makes one that repels most anything.

1 minute ago, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

Maybe Rain-X or a clear coat.

Rustoleum makes one that repels most anything.

Probably spray something like that on it

Ya I say this vid years ago when I was dealing with a really rusty steel gas tank on an old street bike I was resorting.

I ended up buying a way cleaner used tank so didn't try Metal Rescue but nice to hear positive review and an option for rust removal.

Then obviously once the metal is clean you still need to prevent future rust and well as figuring out why it rusted in the first place 🙂

5 minutes ago, filterx said:

Ya I say this vid years ago when I was dealing with a really rusty steel gas tank on an old street bike I was resorting.

I ended up buying a way cleaner used tank so didn't try Metal Rescue but nice to hear positive review and an option for rust removal.

Then obviously once the metal is clean you still need to prevent future rust and well as figuring out why it rusted in the first place 🙂

Yep!! Great stuff

5 minutes ago, Triple Nine Motorsports said:

How did it get so shiny? This guy tested all of them and says its a bad product...

Well for one that guy did three major things wrong. 
1- you are not supposed to wash the parts with water before because it doesn’t allow the mixture to degrade the rust properly. 

2- he should have put a lid on that top because once it starts removing rust, there is a reaction and it should be sealed and not be allowed to evaporate.

3- he only did 10 hrs. Your supposed to do 24-48. 

for your question, I didn’t do anything at all. I put them in for 24 hrs, pulled them out and squirted some dawn on them and wiped them off with a Brillo pad. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Kibmj43 said:

Well for one that guy did two major things wrong. 
1- you are not supposed to wash the parts with water before because it doesn’t allow the mixture to degrade the rust properly. 

2- he should have put a lid on that top because once it starts removing rust, there is a reaction and it should be sealed and not be allowed to evaporate.

for your question, I didn’t do anything at all. I put them in for 24 hrs, pulled them out and squirted some dawn on them and wiped them off with a Brillo pad. 

But if your pipe had serious rust i would expect it to have a lot of visible pores

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Kibmj43 said:

Probably spray something like that on it

The same company makes a spray on product called Dry Coat. 

+1 on the Meta Rescue

I can vouch for the rust remover and dry coat as well incredible stuff. I restored an old Montesa trials bike and was able to salvage a lot of expensive or irreplaceable parts by using them both. Had bare metal bits in my basement for two years with dry coat on them and not a hint of rust. Not even the flash rust you’d expect after allowing a part to air dry. 

one warning though, don’t soak for too long. Forgot about a jar of bolts and they came out quite tarnished and dark. Look great after replating but the base metal was definitely stained.

oh! And it’s reusable! Let the gunk  settle out and keep the clear liquid for the next use 

32A12439-1F23-4778-A7A1-12221F05D24E.jpeg

4 hours ago, Triple Nine Motorsports said:

But if your pipe had serious rust i would expect it to have a lot of visible pores

Well it didn’t. 🤷

some stuff on it has some pitting but it’s cleans it out so well you can’t see it so it’s not bad. 

6 hours ago, Kibmj43 said:

No idea? Hey man, did you read the instructions? It just right there on that jug, read it and all will be revealed and you will be an expert..

3ecef34397a79b02cd4482b418e197c4.gif

10 hours ago, Kibmj43 said:

Well it didn’t. 🤷

some stuff on it has some pitting but it’s cleans it out so well you can’t see it so it’s not bad. 

Was it actually rust, or was it the orange caked on dirt that 4 stroke pipes attract? I'm with the other guy. Rust takes no prisoners and usually doesn't rust in a consistent layer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, k.g said:

Was it actually rust, or was it the orange caked on dirt that 4 stroke pipes attract? I'm with the other guy. Rust takes no prisoners and usually doesn't rust in a consistent layer.

I understand why you’d think I was full of it, but like I said there is some putting but it’s on the other side of the pipe. 

it was rust. It wasn’t surface dirt and grime that gets discolored. It gets so clean with this though the pits usually turn into little bowls instead of those rough edged circles and they wiped clean.