Jump to content
KRAYNIAL

Beta4Stroke MX TECH Lucky Fork and Shock - by Enduro Spec

Recommended Posts

20201008_140954_resized_2.jpg.5047c7b8b2763321f8ad213e2964fa80.jpg20201008_141856_resized.thumb.jpg.5464f1e81734d64a91ada6bf52b1b67d.jpg

https://www.endurospec.com/beta.html

Forks at second line, rear at 25/105, 130 M5B rear, GT 216AAF front, Tubliss @ 8/11psi

The bike handles well, even with dry slippery dirt. Best handling and riding Beta I have experienced, by far.

Confidence and traction.  That really sums up the results.

NO sharp-edge deflection. I turned my steering damper 'off' at the place where I usually set it to 2 turns in.....

Does bottom on G-out occasionally (nice gentle 'click') but will not bottom on noise dive or square edge stuff.

One more click of compression is very noticable; probably suitable for another 10+ mph

Addtional travel of about .40"

Really REALLY glad I did it. Makes the 390 soooo much more fun to ride.

$2588 including springs and shipping with insurance,  both ways (for me).

I did not do the hard anodizing because of the 3+ weeks additional waiting time.

------------

Lucky Build Lucky installation including Revalve, rebuild and Maxima synthetic 5w fluid.

-All parts ultrasonically cleaned. 

- Fork Springs Fork Springs - .54

- SACHS 2019+ Beta SACHS/BETA 2019+ 46mm Works Shock

- Includes revalve, Bladder conversion, High Flow Piston w/LFPR, Lainer compression adjuster, Motorex SD1 fluid and nitrogen.

-All parts ultrasonically cleaned.

-Shock bled per factory spec.

- Misc Beta/Xtrig shock preload adjuster

-Part - Shock Spring Showa/KYB/SACHS SHOWA/KYB/SACHS Link Shock Spring - 6.2

 

 

IMG_0156.JPG

Edited by KRAYNIAL
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! That's a lot of money! I think I'm going to try a simple respring and revalve first. 

Good to hear you're liking the setup. 👍🏽

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ADVLite said:

Wow! That's a lot of money! I think I'm going to try a simple respring and revalve first. 

Good to hear you're liking the setup. 👍🏽

I've tried multiple other options. All of them were half-assed, at best.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the 50 hr ride report follow up is just as good then it was a good investment.  I do have to say; can we really even call it a Beta anymore😉

Edited by StoneyWV
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tm_enduro said:

That's a pretty good endorsement if i ever heard one.  Still cheaper than Ohlins TTX conversion.  Enjoy.

Gotta see the bike in action before confirming a good endorsement.  We've all heard plenty of good endorsements before.  

 

But, good to see KRAN is elated with his new decked out 390. Terrific bike and extremely capable.

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Gotta see the bike in action before confirming a good endorsement.  We've all heard plenty of good endorsements before.  

 

But, good to see KRAN is elated with his new decked out 390. Terrific bike and extremely capable.

True. And what a C rider, a B rider, and a AA rider want or sand whoops vs wet round rock rider want can be vastly different.   I have also seen people limit their ability to go fast because they set the bike to be plush everywhere. 

Edited by tm_enduro
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tm_enduro said:

True. And what a C rider, a B rider, and a AA rider want or sand whoops vs wet round rock rider want can be vastly different.   I have also people limit their ability to go fast because they set the bike to be plush everywhere. 

I noticed that the stock clicker settings were (shaft speed) fast and plush. One more click on compression and rebound (front) and I needed to go at least 5mph faster to feel the same plushness. At that point the rear started to feel it was going to need a click too.  I was very surprised to see how much change one click provided. 

Not even 10 hours on the motor yet......

Next week is desert. Should be fun. 

  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, firffighter said:

Gotta see the bike in action before confirming a good endorsement.  We've all heard plenty of good endorsements before.  

 

But, good to see KRAN is elated with his new decked out 390. Terrific bike and extremely capable.

MX Tech is pretty on point with their stuff...

I just moto'ed some offroad today with my suspension guys bike who has MX/Arenacross settings in his Lucky Cartridges and Natty Shock... Initial part of the stroke was plush as could be by ramped up super quick. Made whoops, chop, and log jumping a absolute blast but I did suffer in small roots and trail litter. Overall the suspension was acceptable, but unless I pushed the whole time it was stiff. But still, good stuff regardless.... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the same setup on the 2020 300XCW, spectacular.  Luckys/National rear.  Warren (of Endurospec) does a stellar job, strongly suggest using him to dial them in for you.

I can say most of what Kraynial said was what I experienced as well.  The bike responds better when really pushed hard though.  Im a bigger rider at 6-4 250lbs and the stock suspension is a mushy mess for me.  Its funny how much more confident you can be in the rear nasty rocks/whoops with this setup though, really a world of difference.  So much less fatigue, especially in choppy rocks.

 

BP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the years, I've had the suspension on my KTMs, Yamahas and Hondas revalved and sprung for my weight and riding style. I thought $1200-$1500 was expensive but $2588 is real expensive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 1:36 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

 

https://www.endurospec.com/beta.html

Forks at second line, rear at 25/105, 130 M5B rear, GT 216AAF front, Tubliss @ 8/11psi

The bike handles well, even with dry slippery dirt. Best handling and riding Beta I have experienced, by far.

Confidence and traction.  That really sums up the results.

NO sharp-edge deflection. I turned my steering damper 'off' at the place where I usually set it to 2 turns in.....

Does bottom on G-out occasionally (nice gentle 'click') but will not bottom on noise dive or square edge stuff.

One more click of compression is very noticable; probably suitable for another 10+ mph

Addtional travel of about .40"

Really REALLY glad I did it. Makes the 390 soooo much more fun to ride.

$2588 including springs and shipping with insurance,  both ways (for me).

I did not do the hard anodizing because of the 3+ weeks additional waiting time.

 

I had my first ride Sunday with my re-worked suspension

Lucky Cartridges setup by AMP Suspension on the front end.   Set to the first line in the clamps

Proper springs and preload  (not following the Beta chart which I think is off... for me)

Had stock tubes replaced by Beta  ($0 to me) with race edition fork tubes.

Shock revalved, stock bladder, proper springs    

I paid about $1400, maybe a little less

(BTW.. shout out to Aaron AMP (All Moto Performance), based out of Montana.   Nice guy, good listener, asks the right questions, and is very honest and professional) 

 

My opinion is WOW... these forks are really, really nice.   They stay up high in the stroke and have a lot of control.   I definitely tried to hit a few whoops, rocks, g-outs, etc... to see what it would do.  Yes, I felt all these things but the bike never got out of control.   I still say that I have no use for a steering stabilizer on the beta.    It didn't feel like I was using all the travel but I was.   This was the best first impression I've ever had on a new suspension.    

The shock...  not quite as good as the fork yet.    It did its job, kept the bike somewhat stable and kept me feeling safe.  But it didn't soak up the bumps like the forks did.     In my amateur opinion, nothing is wrong with that shock...

It was the first ride, so I now need to focus on bike setup.   Sag was set to 105 initially since I just bolted everything on and went for a ride.    I figured I'd ride it first to see what needed to be changed. 

 

Now that I did a ride, I need to go back to check the sag to see if it changed any.   Its a brand new suspension so I need to get it to break in and settle a little.    105 seems like high number.      Maybe I should start about about 95-100, dunno 

 I also think I have a little bit of a chopper effect going on.   The fork was at the first line in the clamps.  I think I need to drop it to the second line at least.   The fatty front tire I have on it may be raising the front end.   (note to self....    stop buying the damn fatty tires.  I don't need them and they throw off the bike setup a little)

Clickers don't need to be changed, just yet.   Will work on finding the proper balance of the bike by adjusting the front and rear height.  I think that shock will behave very differently once the bike is better balanced.  No clicker changes until then.

Overall... I'm in the ball park.   I thought that the stock suspension was OK, but these Lucky forks are really good.

 

I don't have any sort of bleeders on the forks.  Besides, my bars are too close to the top clamp to allow room for them    I just just have to live with that.   

 

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the Fatty i used to run the forks at the 3rd line + try rear sag around ~96mm ... those two changes alone should bring some additional happiness

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

I had my first ride Sunday with my re-worked suspension

Lucky Cartridges setup by AMP Suspension on the front end.   Set to the first line in the clamps

Proper springs and preload  (not following the Beta chart which I think is off... for me)

Had stock tubes replaced by Beta  ($0 to me) with race edition fork tubes.

Shock revalved, stock bladder, proper springs    

I paid about $1400, maybe a little less

(BTW.. shout out to Aaron AMP (All Moto Performance), based out of Montana.   Nice guy, good listener, asks the right questions, and is very honest and professional) 

 

My opinion is WOW... these forks are really, really nice.   They stay up high in the stroke and have a lot of control.   I definitely tried to hit a few whoops, rocks, g-outs, etc... to see what it would do.  Yes, I felt all these things but the bike never got out of control.   I still say that I have no use for a steering stabilizer on the beta.    It didn't feel like I was using all the travel but I was.   This was the best first impression I've ever had on a new suspension.    

The shock...  not quite as good as the fork yet.    It did its job, kept the bike somewhat stable and kept me feeling safe.  But it didn't soak up the bumps like the forks did.     In my amateur opinion, nothing is wrong with that shock...

It was the first ride, so I now need to focus on bike setup.   Sag was set to 105 initially since I just bolted everything on and went for a ride.    I figured I'd ride it first to see what needed to be changed. 

 

Now that I did a ride, I need to go back to check the sag to see if it changed any.   Its a brand new suspension so I need to get it to break in and settle a little.    105 seems like high number.      Maybe I should start about about 95-100, dunno 

 I also think I have a little bit of a chopper effect going on.   The fork was at the first line in the clamps.  I think I need to drop it to the second line at least.   The fatty front tire I have on it may be raising the front end.   (note to self....    stop buying the damn fatty tires.  I don't need them and they throw off the bike setup a little)

Clickers don't need to be changed, just yet.   Will work on finding the proper balance of the bike by adjusting the front and rear height.  I think that shock will behave very differently once the bike is better balanced.  No clicker changes until then.

Overall... I'm in the ball park.   I thought that the stock suspension was OK, but these Lucky forks are really good.

 

I don't have any sort of bleeders on the forks.  Besides, my bars are too close to the top clamp to allow room for them    I just just have to live with that.   

 

Where are you located? 

What type of riding/terrain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

SoCal desert.  

Copy. Thanks

I'm assuming,  but picture some rough terrain. Desert riding is a challenge that is not my cup of tea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, firffighter said:

Copy. Thanks

I'm assuming,  but picture some rough terrain. Desert riding is a challenge that is not my cup of tea!

Whoops, more whoops, some rocks, more whoops, sand, whoops, sand whoops, one joshua tree, a meth lab, more whoops, etc. 

(I'm headed to Johnson Valley for thanksgiving week and prepping in advance)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...