KRAYNIAL

Beta4Stroke MX TECH Lucky Fork and Shock - by Enduro Spec

East Coast and West Coast riding are completely different. The same goes for the midwest, although much of it is like the east. Local shops can usually give you the heads up about what works where. There are some national shops like Factory connection for example that have multiple facilities. They will revalve differently for NH than for CA or elsewhere. The same goes for MX and Off road/Enduro valving. Unless you're competing for a National Championship (or have money to burn perhaps?) 2600.00 is ridiculous money. It would probably be better spent on rider coaching. A solid revalve from a reputable source can be had for under 500.00 normally front and rear. 

I'll leave you with this example. About 10 years ago there was an invitational ride in PA. Several riders showed up with their state of the art machines. Most of them were beaten by a rider on a late 80's XR 250 which was mostly stock. The rider in question was a very fast local rider/racer. The bike was probably worth about 1K. I remember seeing a article in one of the magazines discussing a local pro MX'er in the late 70's. He kept spending money on his bike looking for that advantage. He was asked if Roger Decoster rode his bike and he rode Decoster's works bike, who would win? His reply was "no contest". The journalist agreed and stated that "Roger would have lapped you, probably more than once". Point is, if your suspension is that bad that you need to spend 2600.00, perhaps you'd be better off on another bike or..........

I do hope your expenditure was well worth it for you. 

East Coast and West Coast riding are completely different. The same goes for the midwest, although much of it is like the east. Local shops can usually give you the heads up about what works where. There are some national shops like Factory connection for example that have multiple facilities. They will revalve differently for NH than for CA or elsewhere. The same goes for MX and Off road/Enduro valving. Unless you're competing for a National Championship (or have money to burn perhaps?) 2600.00 is ridiculous money. It would probably be better spent on rider coaching. A solid revalve from a reputable source can be had for under 500.00 normally front and rear. 

I'll leave you with this example. About 10 years ago there was an invitational ride in PA. Several riders showed up with their state of the art machines. Most of them were beaten by a rider on a late 80's XR 250 which was mostly stock. The rider in question was a very fast local rider/racer. The bike was probably worth about 1K. I remember seeing a article in one of the magazines discussing a local pro MX'er in the late 70's. He kept spending money on his bike looking for that advantage. He was asked if Roger Decoster rode his bike and he rode Decoster's works bike, who would win? His reply was "no contest". The journalist agreed and stated that "Roger would have lapped you, probably more than once". Point is, if your suspension is that bad that you need to spend 2600.00, perhaps you'd be better off on another bike or..........

On 10/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, tm_enduro said:
21 minutes ago, ktm400rcer said:

I guess posting up a response is different on the west coast, too......

Edited by KRAYNIAL
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ktm400rcer said:

if your suspension is that bad that you need to spend 2600.00, perhaps you'd be better off on another bike or..........

Nothing like another dude telling another dude how they should spend their own money... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ktm400rcer said:

... Point is, if your suspension is that bad that you need to spend 2600.00, perhaps you'd be better off on another bike or..........

Interesting... so, in your opinion, how much is the proper amount of money to spend on a custom suspension?

Or... which bike has the perfect suspension out of the box that doesn't need any adjusting...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ktm400rcer said:

So, you have had Sachs ZF OC forks revalved with the stock valve bodies and liked  them ? 

Oh wait, you don't own a Beta with Sachs forks, I forgot.

YEAH, you're probably right. 

I will sell my bike at your suggestion.

All this coming from a guy who actually bought a CANNONDALE motorcycle................

Edited by KRAYNIAL
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

All this coming from a guy who actually bought a CANNONDALE motorcycle................

Hey,  don't bash Cannondale,  at least you could tune the Fuel Injection and create custom maps with it. I mean that was nearly 20 years ago,  you'd think Beta would catch on by now! 

Let's see that suspension  in action KRAN! Riding this weekend I assume,  fire up the GoPro, we want to see the 390 on the big screen! 

KTM400rcer I don't know of any reputable suspension shop that will service and revalve both your fork and shock for under $500. If you're lucky, maybe you can get a shock or a fork serviced and revalved for $500+ but not for both.   

Cut the guy some slack. He has like 6 posts and entered the Lions den. Where all beta males come to trash talk. 

On another note, the daughter is getting some gold on her 300rr. 

20201015_184501_HDR.jpg.29357282a30d26fe29fed016c94e4a8f.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Hey,  don't bash Cannondale,  at least you could tune the Fuel Injection and create custom maps with it. I mean that was nearly 20 years ago,  you'd think Beta would catch on by now! 

Let's see that suspension  in action KRAN! Riding this weekend I assume,  fire up the GoPro, we want to see the 390 on the big screen! 

Don't bash Cannondale ?......my god, are they good for anything else ?

Yes, already turned off the 'smoothing' on my GoPro......

Concrete covered in talcum powder and baby's heads.....

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

Edited by KRAYNIAL
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Singletrack_rider said:

@KRAYNIAL I'm at a deciding point with my Beta on what to do. Can I ask what made you stay with the forks vs changing them out? 

Changing them out to what?  KYB?  That's $2600 before springs and valving, and that's the forks only........and the wait is about 15 weeks...

Ohlins?   Again, add in vavling and springs, and you are nearly double....for just the forks.

2007 Husky KYB forks from ebay?  Don't want 13 year old forks....

I wanted a known proven solution to the mediocre fork action. I did not want to experiment........ I've already done that dozens of times.  

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Changing them out to what?  KYB?  That's $2600 before springs and valving, and that's the forks only........and the wait is about 15 weeks...

Ohlins?   Again, add in vavling and springs, and you are nearly double....for just the forks.

2007 Husky KYB forks from ebay?  Don't want 13 year old forks....

I wanted a known proven solution to the mediocre fork action. I did not want to experiment........ I've already done that dozens of times.  

Good point about buying old forks off e-bay, always a risk no matter the brand. . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, redhurricane said:

Cut the guy some slack. He has like 6 posts and entered the Lions den. Where all beta males come to trash talk. 

On another note, the daughter is getting some gold on her 300rr. 

20201015_184501_HDR.jpg.29357282a30d26fe29fed016c94e4a8f.jpg

Makes a big difference!  My modified adjuster works pretty well with the GV but depending on how much I ride it next year I might try making something else.

11 minutes ago, GP said:

Makes a big difference!  My modified adjuster works pretty well with the GV but depending on how much I ride it next year I might try making something else.

I added one of these to mine, once my shock body arrives I will be able to see what difference it makes. 

image.thumb.png.262938d437d5cabe4204fa3a5a355c63.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Good point about buying old forks off e-bay, always a risk no matter the brand. . 

I'm glad Kran is happy, personally though, I think $2500 is silly.  We all have a different balance of time, money, and ability though.  There is a lot of junk out there but you can find good stuff and new take offs if your patient, I have done it.  You can also get good used forks, and have ALL the wear parts(uppers, cartridges, rods) hard coated along with a full rebuild and revalve, and be way ahead for far less $$.    The more you know and can do, the cheaper it gets and with better results. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Don't bash Cannondale ?......my god, are they good for anything else ?

Yes, already turned off the 'smoothing' on my GoPro......

Concrete covered in talcum powder and baby's heads.....

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

You guys need to leave the lawn sprinklers on for a bit longer at your trails. The grass is dead and the rocks need to grow. 

image.png.3c3149f12fd58ec4616c02861549eff6.pngimage.png.35e6d8975134658f00a3093d092a4fde.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1