Jump to content
KRAYNIAL

Beta4Stroke MX TECH Lucky Fork and Shock - by Enduro Spec

Recommended Posts

Just now, redhurricane said:

I added one of these to mine, once my shock body arrives I will be able to see what difference it makes. 

image.thumb.png.262938d437d5cabe4204fa3a5a355c63.png

When I did my GV a few years ago, Beta USA sold those but only as part of their revalve package which I had no interest in, so I redesigned and modified mine.  I changed the way the collar preloads the stack but the problem is your stuck with that conical spring.  Its way better, and I'm sure this will be very good. The stock adjuster is like a switch, to soft to too stiff too fast.

Your orings are in the mail!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

You guys need to leave the lawn sprinklers on for a bit longer at your trails. The grass is dead and the rocks need to grow. 

 

image.png.3c3149f12fd58ec4616c02861549eff6.pngimage.png.35e6d8975134658f00a3093d092a4fde.png

Glad you noticed that also. Those pics Kran posted were pretty tame. Loose and slippery I'm sure, but not really rough at all.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

 

So, you have had Sachs ZF OC forks revalved with the stock valve bodies and liked  them ? 

Oh wait, you don't own a Beta with Sachs forks, I forgot.

YEAH, you're probably right. 

I will sell my bike at your suggestion.

 

All this coming from a guy who actually bought a CANNONDALE motorcycle................

Who owned a Cannondale? Certainly not me. I guess you're a better rider than the pro's and need 2600 worth of suspension. That's fine. It's your money, go ahead and spend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ktm400rcer said:

Who owned a Cannondale? Certainly not me. I guess you're a better rider than the pro's and need 2600 worth of suspension. That's fine. It's your money, go ahead and spend it.

Trust me when I say this:

Pro teams can't afford some of us. It's not because of our talent though. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

Interesting... so, in your opinion, how much is the proper amount of money to spend on a custom suspension?

Or... which bike has the perfect suspension out of the box that doesn't need any adjusting...

To answer your questions, it depends on what you have to work with and your riding ability, not to mention what your goals are. If you're trail riding only with perhaps a D/S event, I would certainly work with a tuner first and spend as little as possible. If you're racing for trophies, again, I would work with a tuner. If you're running the nationals or plan to, that's a different story BUT a different machine may be a better choice. Also, I thought Beta has a factory revalve service. Why not try them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

Nothing like another dude telling another dude how they should spend their own money... 

That's not what I did. I just stated that unless he is running the nationals or has the aspiration to do so and the talent as well then it is certainly quite a bit of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ktm400rcer said:

That's not what I did. I just stated that unless he is running the nationals or has the aspiration to do so and the talent as well then it is certainly quite a bit of money.

Well you did. Shouldn't matter to you, or anyone how a grown ass man wants to spend his money. 

Just because someone isn't the highest caliber rider in the world doesn't mean he can't have nice things.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

Well you did. Shouldn't matter to you, or anyone how a grown ass man wants to spend his money. 

Just because someone isn't the highest caliber rider in the world doesn't mean he can't have nice things.

Not many people boast about how fast their Kia Rio is at the track. Hence the reason we have old, fat wealthy guys buying Ferrari's. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares its Kran's coin.  He obviously has it to throw at problems.   I only say its silly for me, because I know how to get exactly what I want A LOT cheaper.  There is some $$ being made on this stuff for sure, I just choose not to contribute to it.

Suspension is the most important thing to focus on for ANYONE.  Nothing else will give you more confidence, enjoyment, progression of ability, and speed as well if that's the goal. 

  • Like 4
  • Helpful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GP said:

Who cares its Kran's coin.  He obviously has it to throw at problems.   I only say its silly for me, because I know how to get exactly what I want A LOT cheaper.  There is some $$ being made on this stuff for sure, I just choose not to contribute to it.

Suspension is the most important thing to focus on for ANYONE.  Nothing else will give you more confidence, enjoyment, progression of ability, and speed as well if that's the goal. 

Full agreement here, for me its all about susp! Still searching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ktm400rcer said:

To answer your questions, it depends on what you have to work with and your riding ability, not to mention what your goals are. If you're trail riding only with perhaps a D/S event, I would certainly work with a tuner first and spend as little as possible. If you're racing for trophies, again, I would work with a tuner. If you're running the nationals or plan to, that's a different story BUT a different machine may be a better choice. Also, I thought Beta has a factory revalve service. Why not try them?

I was just wondering why you said that if he spent $2600 he might have the wrong bike.

I agree that its all subjective

Regarding using the Beta factory revalve service...   I also went the route of Lucky inserts.    The reason why I didn't go with beta for the revalve is 1)  I couldn't get the suspension guy on the phone and I don't believe it difficult to get a great custom suspension via mail order.     I went with AMP cause I actually talked with the guy so he can find out about me specifically.  And... he has provided me excellent support.      and 2)  the Lucky kits have some cool stuff going on inside that the Sach's suspension doesn't have.   Their reputation is very good.

 

Also regarding the money spent... it may not be as bad as you think..     When I ordered my Beta last year, I have never spent so much money on a bike before... up front!    I have spent even more piecing bikes together.  So when you are about 14-15K invested in a dirtbike, what's a few dollars more for a trick suspension if it makes you happy

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of these obsessive suspension fixations can be cured with an eight ball and a hooker. Not condoning it,just sayin.😇

Edited by Odysseus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

I was just wondering why you said that if he spent $2600 he might have the wrong bike.

I agree that its all subjective

Regarding using the Beta factory revalve service...   I also went the route of Lucky inserts.    The reason why I didn't go with beta for the revalve is 1)  I couldn't get the suspension guy on the phone and I don't believe it difficult to get a great custom suspension via mail order.     I went with AMP cause I actually talked with the guy so he can find out about me specifically.  And... he has provided me excellent support.      and 2)  the Lucky kits have some cool stuff going on inside that the Sach's suspension doesn't have.   Their reputation is very good.

 

Also regarding the money spent... it may not be as bad as you think..     When I ordered my Beta last year, I have never spent so much money on a bike before... up front!    I have spent even more piecing bikes together.  So when you are about 14-15K invested in a dirtbike, what's a few dollars more for a trick suspension if it makes you happy

How fortunate we are to be able to freely spend hard earned dollars on what we want. Out of any of the suspension tuners I have dealt with, Aaron at All Moto Performance has been the most helpful, forthcoming, and accurate in his work. I'll still use him for the xtrainer, but now delving into doing my own suspension with Race Tech simply because I am not smart enough to analyze Restackor data and the RT kits are pretty easy to work with. After installing a dozen or so of them I have it down fairly well and the minor added expense for the kit versus just buying shims is no biggie. I bought 4 new bikes in one day, not something I do often but when the time is right I will spend big to get things we enjoy. 

@KRAYNIAL bring that bike out to Johnson Valley around Thanksgiving and put it through the paces in the whoops and rocks around Soggy and the KOTM course. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Odysseus said:

A lot of these obsessive suspension fixations can be cured with an eight ball and a hooker. Not condoning it,just sayin.

While its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, I can say with full confidence that my wife would rather I spend a lot more money on bikes than hookers. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Full agreement here, for me its all about susp! Still searching.

Yep, me too! 

My buddy just ordered Ohlins inserts for his 2020 RR300. I’ll give a report once I’ve ridden it.

I have a Dal Soggio B-One kit coming for my oc Sachs - a relatively inexpensive tweak. My KYB’s are going well, if still a little slow to break in at 4hrs. 

For me, I want to try ‘em all, within reason - I don’t want a second mortgage! But you only live once & it’s the only way to know what works for you. This is our hobby, we all froth on it & guys can spend their coin the hell they like. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KatoKonvert said:

Yep, me too! 

My buddy just ordered Ohlins inserts for his 2020 RR300. I’ll give a report once I’ve ridden it.

I have a Dal Soggio B-One kit coming for my oc Sachs - a relatively inexpensive tweak. My KYB’s are going well, if still a little slow to break in at 4hrs. 

For me, I want to try ‘em all, within reason - I don’t want a second mortgage! But you only live once & it’s the only way to know what works for you. This is our hobby, we all froth on it & guys can spend their coin the hell they like. 

 

Give us a ride report on that B-one kit once you have some time with it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my 17’ 250RR for $7400 plus tax new with a bunch of parts thrown in.  Gone are those days :/.  I sent my suspension to Steve and had both the fork and shock revalved and the forks anodized.  If I remember correctly that was around $600.   Bike works great here in the PNW.  I’ll be having GP do the shock mod for me this winter 🙂

Edited by NW_drZ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...