I have  1992 kx 125 it has low compression bike was  running ....so I decided to try and solve the problem so took the bike apart took the head off the cylinder ... The cylinder  wasn't that bad then  checked my crank my conn rod had a little then usually play so now I got  a new pro x piston standard bore  and rings  new  top end gasket kit  and spark plug no I didn't do a compression test ect... now I got the bike back together  got more compression then I had but after a kick or 2 no compression then comes back I kno it's a  old bike..........do u think it's time for the cylinder to be  re sleeved and crankshaft rebuild need help will this solve my problem ????????

If you have any up and down play in the crank shaft and the conn rod, you can bet your bippy its time for some bearings.. I would plan on a whole engine tear down and rebuild...Its a high revving and high parts wearing 2 smoke, so, uh, yeaup, its time for a rebuild..🤔

Thanks for the  feed back  next week I will be taking the motor apart and ordering a complete gasket set with seals new crank bearings I will be sending my cylinder out to get re sleeved and my crankshaft rebuild

On 10/14/2020 at 3:05 PM, KDXGarage said:

Did some previous owner sleeve the cylinder? It was plated / coated when stock. 1992 KX125 rods were not that strong. I have one with a bent rod.

Thanks for the  feed back  next week I will be taking the motor apart and ordering a complete gasket set with seals new crank bearings I will be sending my cylinder out to get re plated and my crankshaft rebuild

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 3:05 PM, KDXGarage said:

Did some previous owner sleeve the cylinder? It was plated / coated when stock. 1992 KX125 rods were not that strong. I have one with a bent rod.

Honestly I don't know if the previous owner re sleeved  the cylinder...but I ment to say Im Getting the cylinder re plated 

• Like 1

I bought the 1992 in 2007 with the bent rod. I never fixed it. I bought a 1993 KX125 in 2016. It ran before I started working on it. I quit working on it because racing season came around. I never got around to working on it again. I hope to get it going again one day and use the 1992 for a few parts if need be.