I gotta say, I love JMart, but wish he had gone to PC.  Either way, he'll be one tough dude next year.

image.thumb.png.a89884ef5ef8eb200000871e96387ec5.png

• Like 4

He should now have the bike to get to his highest potential! 

Yep if he gets the bike dialed,  he's going to be tough to beat next year!

• Like 4

This is great news. Not for his competition, but for his fans. 

Too bad PC didn’t snag him. He’s solid enough not to buckle to whatever weird pressure has infiltrated their culture over the past five or so years. He would have been their best chance for championships, as the rest of the squad watched while recuperating. 

Edited by motrock93b
  • Like 2

Smart for him. 

but let’s talk about people who will be a 450 factor. Can ferrandis and star improve the 450? Can ferrandis be the first contender on that bike?

also. I’m tired of Christian Craig 

• Confused 1

I dont see DF being a consistent front runner in his first year on the 450. Honestly I think he will have his hands full and struggle but maybe not as much as AP has.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

He should've stuck it to them. I'm going to venture it doesn't work out for the best. Sad because he's a total class act. 

I get it from his perspective ONLY if there was a promise to run the 450 at some point.  I hope he wins a championship from this, but really wanted to see what the kids could do.  My guess is that someone will now pick up Masterpool and he is going to destroy in the future making this deal look not so great down the line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I get it from his perspective ONLY if there was a promise to run the 450 at some point.  I hope he wins a championship from this, but really wanted to see what the kids could do.  My guess is that someone will now pick up Masterpool and he is going to destroy in the future making this deal look not so great down the line.

Why do you say because if there's a promise to run the 450? I can look at that from multiple angles but are you assuming that Star Yamaha is going to build a really good 450 Yamaha?  That's a damn big risk imo, and even if Star can do a good job I don't think they can make that tub o lard work well for a guy like J Mart. 

2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Why do you say because if there's a promise to run the 450? I can look at that from multiple angles but are you assuming that Star Yamaha is going to build a really good 450 Yamaha?  That's a damn big risk imo, and even if Star can do a good job I don't think they can make that tub o lard work well for a guy like J Mart. 

Who knows.  They made a great one that allowed Webb to run with Febvre straight up.  I think JMart wants to be paid for one, but also wants a chance on a 450.  He got that chance very briefly with Honda and the rumor was that he'd have that chance with PC and that's why I wanted him to go there.  I'm guessing PC did not pony up the money.  

3 minutes ago, timmyp8823 said:

Holy smokes,how many riders is Star going to have next year??

Not even in the same zip code as what KTM has every year. 

• Like 1

So this sounds like Thrasher and Masterpool sent packing?  This is where I have a problem with it. 

Timage.thumb.png.755cd105b1f906a458644ac90e1dddc5.png

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Who knows.  They made a great one that allowed Webb to run with Febvre straight up.  I think JMart wants to be paid for one, but also wants a chance on a 450.  He got that chance very briefly with Honda and the rumor was that he'd have that chance with PC and that's why I wanted him to go there.  I'm guessing PC did not pony up the money.  

Not even in the same zip code as what KTM has every year. 

PC probably offered a pay for performance contract, if so sounds like he followed the weekly paycheck, can't say I blame him in his position. 

How many riders did KTM have this year? How many riders did star have?

19 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

PC probably offered a pay for performance contract, if so sounds like he followed the weekly paycheck, can't say I blame him in his position. 

How many riders did KTM have this year? How many riders did star have?

In the 250's they all have about 4-5 except Suzuki.  In 450's Ktm has a gigaton.

The bikes are even better than when he left there.  As long as he can stay healthy I don't think will challenge him for the title.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

In the 250's they all have about 4-5 except Suzuki.  In 450's Ktm has a gigaton.

KTM has 2 450 riders....   I find these claims you guys make pretty funny.  You get pretty riled up about KTM in the 450 class yet the same kind of things go on in the 250 class and you act like thats where all development occurs of riders. It's quite funny really. 

You should extrapolate your line of thinking down to the 50cc class.... That would be interesting for you. 

Edited by KTMRider4Life

1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I gotta say, I love JMart, but wish he had gone to PC.  Either way, he'll be one tough dude next year.

image.thumb.png.a89884ef5ef8eb200000871e96387ec5.png

IMO, The Yamaha beat J-Mart this year more so than DF. Smart move on J-Marts part.

Being an Aussie, and obviously a Jett Lawrence fan. I wish he'd gone to Kawasaki as well 😂

18 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

KTM has 2 450 riders....   I find these claims you guys make pretty funny.  You get pretty riled up about KTM in the 450 class yet the same kind of things go on in the 250 class and you act like thats where all development occurs of riders. It's quite funny really. 

You should extrapolate your line of thinking down to the 50cc class.... That would be interesting for you. 

You're only counting the orange Ktms. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

You're only counting the orange Ktms. 

Wait, so now we count wins like Osborne for KTM? I thought we didn't....  I'm confused. Is it only when they lose we count them, and when they win we don't?  Please explain. 

Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

Wait, so now we count wins like Osborne for KTM? I thought we didn't....  I'm confused. Is it only when they lose we count them, and when they win we don't?  Please explain. 

That went off on a tangent.  We were counting bikes not wins or losses.  They are all made in the same factory, you can call or color them any way you want. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

That went off on a tangent.  We were counting bikes not wins or losses.  They are all made in the same factory, you can call or color them any way you want. 

I don't understand, you didn't answer the question.