G-Berm

Beta2Stroke 90 hours. Service OI?

2019 300RR with 90 hours.  OI has worked flawlessly.   When should I service the OI system, and what should be done?

Thanks!

Inspect oil pump and TPS electrical connectors for corrosion and water ingress etc. Apply a small dab of dielectric grease to each before reassembling.

Install/inspect small cable ties at all your oil line fittings (similar concept as really small hose clamps.)

Inspect the metal oil port attachment point at the intake manifold for cracks and looseness from vibration etc.

2019-010.jpg

Carefully inspect the oil pump wiring where it terminates at the oil pump electrical connector to make sure there's no damage due to overenthusiastic air filter servicing.

spacer.png

Inspect the oil lines and routing for wear and melting etc.

2019-011.jpg

Inspect the oil pump mounting bracket in the airbox for secure attachment:

oi_fai11.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grimlock said:

JTFC. 

I love my oil injection but this scares me greatly. 

+1 on that

really love the convenience of the OI in Xtrainer compared to my KTM 250, specially that my Xtrainer is streetlegal, so i often rider it to/from the trails and its really convenient just to stop and fill up at the pump, but always scared of possibilities of failure so i always check that its "smoking" everytime i start it, and always take a quick look at oil level, OI hoses before/after every ride

I run really lean pre-mix (0.2% - 0.5%) in mine just because I beat the shit out of it but still, I love the oil injection. Couple of glugs (yeah, totally metric measurement) of 2% out of the can for my ‘18 RE and the rest straight gas. 

I actually looked it over this afternoon just to make sure everything is good. It really is a honky rigged system. Looks more like the fuel system out of some 80s high school stoner kid’s Ford Pinto than a well thought out idea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2