2021 450 shootout fixed

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

You're right.  Kawasaki totally redesigned the entire clutch because it wasn't impacting AC.  That AC wasn't impacted is obviously extremely relevant.  

FFS, are you really this batshit crazy?

Ok one more time dimwit I didn't say they didn't have problems... READ. That wasn't the sole claim. It was the the bike cost ET the championship but context clearly doesn't matter to you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Their engineers need to head over to @mog and @redrider144's love nest in the basement to get some engineering advice. :D  

Then they could have a new version of "Lost In Space".

• Haha 2

Doesn't MXA understand that AC wasn't impacted?  How could there be clutch problems if AC wasn't impacted?  Tomac doesn't matter, AC never blew it up!!!!

Clearly MXA doesn't have the level of understanding that @Chaconne does.  Don't they understand that AC totally proved there was no design problem?  Doesn't Kawasaki understand that too?

AC AC AC AC !!!!!!!!!!!

Take your meds bro.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Chaconne said:

Take your meds bro.  

I think you 2 could video chat and really enjoy each others company.  If i knew a person as well as you 2 seem to know each other id just video chat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

@mog 

3 certainties in 2020 

1 the kxf clutch was a joke 

2 the yzf 450 is crap for pro riders 

3 some idiot will defend both no matter what 😂

• Helpful 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mog said:

4 certainties in 2020 

1 the kxf clutch was a joke 

2 the yzf 450 is crap for pro riders 

3 some idiot will defend both no matter what 😂

4 some idiot will think brand matters and others won't.:D

FIFY

• Haha 1

KTM ,turning beat down yzf riders and old timers into champions .

Yzf turning every pro back to an amateur

• Helpful 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

it could have been #6 butt they were missing a bike 😁

Now that’s funny!  I love Suzuki’s but admit they should be 6th.  That was the ultimate burn 

• Like 1

For the KTM to take 2nd and the FC to take 5th is ridiculous.  I think the testing would be far more useful if each bike were revalve for the tester, had their favorite tires, and had the ECU remapped.  That would be more like how the bikes would be used.

I really don't get the stability thing though.  Perhaps the tracks I ride on are much different than the California tracks but I've not ridden anything that was too twitchy other than a CR125 with a bad upper shock bearing in 20 years.  My Kawasaki felt huge and solid in a bad way.  Honda felt nimble and manueverable in a good way.  I guess if it's not doing headshake, I'm good.   Does anyone actually get headshake anymore?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Ok one more time dimwit I didn't say they didn't have problems...

Yet you keep spewing off about AC AS IF ITS SOMEHOW REMOTELY &%$#@!ING RELEVANT TO THE OBVIOUS CLUTCH DESIGN ISSUES !!!!!!

You have completely become HDR.  You are the same person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yet you keep spewing off about AC AS IF ITS SOMEHOW REMOTELY &%$#@!ING RELEVANT TO THE OBVIOUS CLUTCH DESIGN ISSUES !!!!!!

I actually think Tomac's problem is more of a cooling issue.  I think he uses the clutch like traction control, differently than everyone else, and it's generating too much heat.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, mxaniac said:

I actually think Tomac's problem is more of a cooling issue.  I think he uses the clutch like traction control, differently than everyone else, and it's generating too much heat.

Yes, he's a serial clutch abuser.  But obviously Kawasaki realized they had issues, a complete redesign of a clutch isn't exactly a typical thing you see unless it's a totally new engine.  And it isn't.  2021 is year 3.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Layoff the crack bro. Take a calm down pill or count to 10**5000000 or something and relax. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Chaconne said:

Layoff the crack bro. Take a calm down pill or count to 10**5000000 or something and relax. 

I'm gonna submit a trouble ticket to Bryan, to have this obvious HDR burner account merged with the HDR account.  Since it's now beyond any doubt that you are in fact HDR.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, redrider144 said:

I'm gonna submit a trouble ticket to Bryan, to have this obvious HDR burner account merged with the HDR account.  Since it's now beyond any doubt that you are in fact HDR.

I don't give a shit,  besides I own a KTM and a Yam, once Bryan sees that he will know I am not HDR, and he will then pull your account for going whackjob...:D

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

For the KTM to take 2nd and the FC to take 5th is ridiculous.  I think the testing would be far more useful if each bike were revalve for the tester, had their favorite tires, and had the ECU remapped.  That would be more like how the bikes would be used.

I really don't get the stability thing though.  Perhaps the tracks I ride on are much different than the California tracks but I've not ridden anything that was too twitchy other than a CR125 with a bad upper shock bearing in 20 years.  My Kawasaki felt huge and solid in a bad way.  Honda felt nimble and manueverable in a good way.  I guess if it's not doing headshake, I'm good.   Does anyone actually get headshake anymore?

Once in blue moon ,but it is scary ,it's not a true headshake , more of a wiggle 

• Sad 1

Yes, he's a serial clutch abuser.  But obviously Kawasaki realized they had issues, a complete redesign of a clutch isn't exactly a typical thing you see unless it's a totally new engine.  And it isn't.  2021 is year 3.

Didn't this go hand in hand with a hydraulic clutch?  Seems like everyone updates the clutch design when they go hydraulic.  I'm not saying it is or isn't related but it might be that making some clutch changes is more about optimizing for hydraulic.  I think Honda and KTM both changed clutch designs when they went hydraulic.

Stock Honda has had the worst clutch for years, but it was trivial to put a Hinson in your bike and eliminate the problem.  I find it implausible the Tomac's problems were just a poor clutch design and the factory team couldn't just run a Hinson or some other aftermarket solution.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Didn't this go hand in hand with a hydraulic clutch?  Seems like everyone updates the clutch design when they go hydraulic.

Nope.  They added a hydraulic clutch in 2020.  And changed little else clutch related.

2021 is a total clutch redesign.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mxaniac said:

Didn't this go hand in hand with a hydraulic clutch?  Seems like everyone updates the clutch design when they go hydraulic.  I'm not saying it is or isn't related but it might be that making some clutch changes is more about optimizing for hydraulic.  I think Honda and KTM both changed clutch designs when they went hydraulic.

Stock Honda has had the worst clutch for years, but it was trivial to put a Hinson in your bike and eliminate the problem.  I find it implausible the Tomac's problems were just a poor clutch design and the factory team couldn't just run a Hinson or some other aftermarket solution.

He never had a issue before the 19 ,try to remember that 

The hardest rider on the weakest clutch = 2020 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Its at the website. Somehow they didn't add it up correctly

Math is hard

• Haha 3