KRAYNIAL

Beta4Stroke POLISPORT PLASTICS KIT - 2019 480

Uh, let's just say that 'fit' and 'finish' are not part of the Polisport vocabulary.

Gaps everywhere

Thin plastic

Turns white if you ding them

Undersize shrouds

So sad. I was looking forward to the Red plastics on my '19, but they look like someone put on shrouds from another brand of bike....

20201017_075347_resized.jpg

20201017_075415_resized.jpg

Poor quality for sure. Bummer, hopefully they will allow you to return them for a full refund. 

38 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

That is what the stock plastics look like on my 17 when using an IMS take. The fit is normal. 

Yep, once you put on the IMS nothing will fit correctly.  You have to trim and really stretch the plastics to get them to go back on. 

I don't think this is a Polisport issue,  although I agree that Polisport is not at the top of the list and  Acerbis and Cycra are much better quality. 

2 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Too late now

Sell the plastic to me and start over using OE.

That’s too bad. I got a Polisport clutch cover for my bike and the quality was amazing. Solid tough plastic and it fits perfectly. Wish I could find an ignition cover but they don’t have one for my bike. 

FYI, As for body plastics, I have an Acerbis  full plastic kit on my bike and it is tough and fits perfectly. 

Edited by Nigel18

28 minutes ago, Nigel18 said:

That’s too bad. I got a Polisport clutch cover for my bike and the quality was amazing. Solid tough plastic and it fits perfectly. Wish I could find an ignition cover but they don’t have one for my bike. 

FYI, As for body plastics, I have an Acerbis  full plastic kit on my bike and it is tough and fits perfectly. 

Acerbis's website shows no plastics for the '17+ Betas.............?

Edited by KRAYNIAL

11 hours ago, Matthew Larson said:

That is what the stock plastics look like on my 17 when using an IMS tank. The fit is normal. 

It has nothing to do with the tank. My stock plastics fit just fine.

These shrouds are too small.

I've used Polisport plastic in the past and the fitment was similar to OEM plastic. Disappointing to hear they've gone down hill. I recently replaced the KTM OEM fork shields with Acerbis fork shields. The Acerbis mounting holes didn't line up with the fork tubes and I had to enlarge the fork guard holes to make it fit.     

53 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

It has nothing to do with the tank. My stock plastics fit just fine.

These shrouds are too small.

Can you post a picture with your stock shrouds to compare? This might help others to see the difference you're talking about.  

Did you install the IMS? 

Because the directions  that come with the IMS state trimming your stock shrouds to fit. 

My stock shrouds look identical to your Polisport after I installed the IMS and trimmed to fit as directions indicated. 

8 hours ago, firffighter said:

Can you post a picture with your stock shrouds to compare? This might help others to see the difference you're talking about.  

Did you install the IMS? 

Because the directions  that come with the IMS state trimming your stock shrouds to fit. 

My stock shrouds look identical to your Polisport after I installed the IMS and trimmed to fit as directions indicated. 

Yeah, actually it's pretty close to the same. I guess the white plastics did not make it stand out as much

20190620_150318.jpg

20201017_075415_resized.jpg

• Helpful 1

I've bought several sets of Polisport plastic from RMMC. I only noticed that when the 18' came out with the non vented shrouds, the graphics I bought off ebay didn't fit well. I bought one of the sc ims seats.

IMG_1477.JPG

Edited by randysoo