Sullysully

Gold doubloons in my bottom end

What’s the gold powdery stuff around my crank? I can scrape it off with my fingernail 

96 wr250. I have two bottom ends with this stuff on it, and I’m not sure what to search to find an answer. Thanks

469ADC04-8C0D-44CB-B5AA-0B90900B5B2D.jpeg

9 hours ago, Sullysully said:

What’s the gold powdery stuff around my crank? I can scrape it off with my fingernail 

96 wr250. I have two bottom ends with this stuff on it, and I’m not sure what to search to find an answer. Thanks

WOW never seen that happen before. 

How tight is the rod between the washers? Other than that there's nothing gold in there

Are you riding in a gold mine without an air filter? 😁

Edited by Smoking 2's

The guy struck it rich lol.....  Well there is something goldish in the bike......  It is the jets.  They are goldish looking.  And doesn't the reed valve contain some goldish coating too????  Maybe he is running "Golden Spectro".  LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

WOW never seen that happen before. 

How tight is the rod between the washers? Other than that there's nothing gold in there

Are you riding in a gold mine without an air filter? 😁

I was being facetious. It has normal side to side play. It’s looking like I’ll need to replace this crank anyway, I can feel up and down play in the rod. But between 2 and a half sets of cases I see this on all of them. It has to come from somewhere 

Edited by Sullysully

1 minute ago, Sullysully said:

I was being facetious. It has normal side to side play. It’s looking like I’ll need to replace this crank anyway, I can feel up and down play in the rod. But between 2 and a half sets of cases I see this on all of them. It has to come from somewhere 

Look at what I just posted

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, FLO_Rida said:

Look at what I just posted

Big help, thanks. Not sure how I didn’t see that. So that post gave me mixed signals, but even if that coating is supposed to be there, it comes off with a fingernail, which seems not good. What should I do? Clean it off?

1 hour ago, Sullysully said:

Big help, thanks. Not sure how I didn’t see that. So that post gave me mixed signals, but even if that coating is supposed to be there, it comes off with a fingernail, which seems not good. What should I do? Clean it off?

That idk lol. if it were me depending on the hours of the bike, I would tear it all down!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sullysully said:

Copper flashings, You got problems, time to crack the case. You should go to a local college and grab a course in Meatalerlergy,<sp, and lean about minerals, I took a geology course and I learned a little about minerals, grab a course, its fun! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Copper flashings, You got problems, time to crack the case. You should go to a local college and grab a course in Meatalerlergy,<sp, and lean about minerals, I took a geology course and I learned a little about minerals, grab a course, its fun! 

I guess you must have slept through the copper presentation. Looks like brass to me. Close though!

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Dam alzheimers, i ment brass...🤪

Reed valve, jets. Fuel. Washers.  Tear it all down, right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

The only thing I know about mellaurgy is that metal and acid don’t mix 👍

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FLO_Rida said:

That idk lol. if it were me depending on the hours of the bike, I would tear it all down!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sullysully said:

The only thing I know about mellaurgy is that metal and acid don’t mix 👍

And a magnetic can help narrow things down and if you actually found gold boubloons, you'd might be RICH if you found enough of them 🙂

You have a crank that is telling you it is going to grenade soon. You need to rebuild the bottom end. This applies to all your 2 stroke engines.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

22 hours ago, Sullysully said:

what oil where you running ?