Jump to content
Sullysully

Gold doubloons in my bottom end

Recommended Posts

What’s the gold powdery stuff around my crank? I can scrape it off with my fingernail 

96 wr250. I have two bottom ends with this stuff on it, and I’m not sure what to search to find an answer. Thanks

469ADC04-8C0D-44CB-B5AA-0B90900B5B2D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sullysully said:

What’s the gold powdery stuff around my crank? I can scrape it off with my fingernail 

96 wr250. I have two bottom ends with this stuff on it, and I’m not sure what to search to find an answer. Thanks

469ADC04-8C0D-44CB-B5AA-0B90900B5B2D.jpeg

WOW never seen that happen before. 

How tight is the rod between the washers? Other than that there's nothing gold in there

Are you riding in a gold mine without an air filter? 😁

Edited by Smoking 2's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy struck it rich lol.....  Well there is something goldish in the bike......  It is the jets.  They are goldish looking.  And doesn't the reed valve contain some goldish coating too????  Maybe he is running "Golden Spectro".  LOL. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

WOW never seen that happen before. 

How tight is the rod between the washers? Other than that there's nothing gold in there

Are you riding in a gold mine without an air filter? 😁

I was being facetious. It has normal side to side play. It’s looking like I’ll need to replace this crank anyway, I can feel up and down play in the rod. But between 2 and a half sets of cases I see this on all of them. It has to come from somewhere 

Edited by Sullysully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Sullysully said:

I was being facetious. It has normal side to side play. It’s looking like I’ll need to replace this crank anyway, I can feel up and down play in the rod. But between 2 and a half sets of cases I see this on all of them. It has to come from somewhere 

Look at what I just posted

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FLO_Rida said:

 

Look at what I just posted

Big help, thanks. Not sure how I didn’t see that. So that post gave me mixed signals, but even if that coating is supposed to be there, it comes off with a fingernail, which seems not good. What should I do? Clean it off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sullysully said:

Big help, thanks. Not sure how I didn’t see that. So that post gave me mixed signals, but even if that coating is supposed to be there, it comes off with a fingernail, which seems not good. What should I do? Clean it off?

That idk lol. if it were me depending on the hours of the bike, I would tear it all down!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sullysully said:

What’s the gold powdery stuff around my crank? I can scrape it off with my fingernail 

96 wr250. I have two bottom ends with this stuff on it, and I’m not sure what to search to find an answer. Thanks

469ADC04-8C0D-44CB-B5AA-0B90900B5B2D.jpeg

Copper flashings, You got problems, time to crack the case. You should go to a local college and grab a course in Meatalerlergy,<sp, and lean about minerals, I took a geology course and I learned a little about minerals, grab a course, its fun! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Copper flashings, You got problems, time to crack the case. You should go to a local college and grab a course in Meatalerlergy,<sp, and lean about minerals, I took a geology course and I learned a little about minerals, grab a course, its fun! 

I guess you must have slept through the copper presentation. Looks like brass to me. Close though!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Dam alzheimers, i ment brass...🤪

Reed valve, jets. Fuel. Washers.  Tear it all down, right? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Copper flashings, You got problems, time to crack the case. You should go to a local college and grab a course in Meatalerlergy,<sp, and lean about minerals, I took a geology course and I learned a little about minerals, grab a course, its fun! 

The only thing I know about mellaurgy is that metal and acid don’t mix 👍

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FLO_Rida said:

That idk lol. if it were me depending on the hours of the bike, I would tear it all down!!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sullysully said:

The only thing I know about mellaurgy is that metal and acid don’t mix 👍

And a magnetic can help narrow things down and if you actually found gold boubloons, you'd might be RICH if you found enough of them 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a crank that is telling you it is going to grenade soon. You need to rebuild the bottom end. This applies to all your 2 stroke engines.

 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sullysully said:

What’s the gold powdery stuff around my crank? I can scrape it off with my fingernail 

96 wr250. I have two bottom ends with this stuff on it, and I’m not sure what to search to find an answer. Thanks

469ADC04-8C0D-44CB-B5AA-0B90900B5B2D.jpeg

what oil where you running ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...