I put ah ESR 325 BB kit on my 2005 yz250 and I'm having trouble with it fowling spark plugs and loading up in tight technical trails. I have jetted the carburator the main is 165 pilot 38 I'm running 93 pump gas mixed with klotz at 50:1 and I'm still having trouble. Does any one have any suggestions.

Ran 32:1 Yamalube 2R with 165/45 2nd clip in my 03 and was still a little fat. Dumped the ESR and put on the Athena. Then moved to 5500ft, and around the block it’s fat, so I’m going to try a 42, and then maybe the zook needle.

What altitude are you at? 

5 minutes ago, YZDOC said:

Ran 32:1 Yamalube 2R with 165/45 2nd clip in my 03 and was still a little fat. Dumped the ESR and put on the Athena. Then moved to 5500ft, and around the block it’s fat, so I’m going to try a 42, and then maybe the zook needle.

What altitude are you at? 

17,280 I live in the mountains. My needle clip is in the top notch I've changed jetting several times and I can't seem to get ah grip on it I'm thinking about changing to ah synthetic oil. ESR emailed bk said I needed to take my power jet out and put ah 4.3mm screw bk in its place but that don't sound quite rt.

That’s Eddies response to everyone. You are at a super high altitude or is that a typo 17,280’?

Honestly, anything above 6K is going to make it even smaller jetting with a big bore.

I am not one of those guys, but if that’s a true alt, maybe a Lectron/Smart Carb would get you there. I would call Lectron on Monday and see what the guys say. I am not recommending one, just suggesting because of the thin air your dealing with. 

162/42, or 38, you can try and plug the PJ and see if it makes a difference. How far out is your AS? I’m not sure if the PJ is closed all the time and opened at hi RPM or open all the time and closed at hi RPM (sorry, just can’t remember). If it’s closed and opens at hi, then unplug and see if that changes, it would be the same as a screw  

@Kinger317, can you expand on this, my brain is not up to snuff since it’s been a while.

Thanks buddy! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YZDOC said:

That’s Eddies response to everyone. You are at a super high altitude or is that a typo 17,280’?

Honestly, anything above 6K is going to make it even smaller jetting with a big bore.

I am not one of those guys, but if that’s a true alt, maybe a Lectron/Smart Carb would get you there. I would call Lectron on Monday and see what the guys say. I am not recommending one, just suggesting because of the thin air your dealing with. 

162/42, or 38, you can try and plug the PJ and see if it makes a difference. How far out is your AS? I’m not sure if the PJ is closed all the time and opened at hi RPM or open all the time and closed at hi RPM (sorry, just can’t remember). If it’s closed and opens at hi, then unplug and see if that changes, it would be the same as a screw  

@Kinger317, can you expand on this, my brain is not up to snuff since it’s been a while.

Thanks buddy! 

I'm at high altitude other places I ride are around 14,440 AS is at 2-1/2 rounds out to my knowledge I've adjusted it ah few times. I've been looking into to the lectron carbs that may be my next move

I live around 5-600 feet. My 250 feels healthy. I’ve always wondered what the same bike would feel like at 10k plus. I know it’s like 3% per 1000 but actual feel😂

On a side note, when you talked to Eddie, did you inform him of your altitude? 

10 minutes ago, YZDOC said:

On a side note, when you talked to Eddie, did you inform him of your altitude? 

I did not probly something I should have mentioned just wasn't thinking about it.

6 minutes ago, Chris yz325 said:

I did not probly something I should have mentioned just wasn't thinking about it.

I also forgot to mention Im running Vforce 3 reeds and reed cage. I've had the bike for at least 6 years and put several hours on it. This was the the second time I've rebuilt the top end. And I decided to go with ah BB kit since it was already tore down. Last time I looked through the reed cage I could see ah little light the reeds could this be part of my problem.

HI have to ask.... where do you live? Base camp for Everest is at 17,000. Average people can’t sustain life above 17,000 feet for any length of time. 

Im thinking you live on Denali or Mt St. Elias in Alaska

Virginia mountains highest is Mt. Rogers @ 1746  meters 

There is approx 3 feet in a meter. Mt. Rogers  = 5729 feet. 

A possible conversion error. Could be your jetting problem

Edited by Techteach
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Techteach said:

I have to ask.... where do you live? Base camp for Everest is at 17,000. Average people can’t sustain life above 17,000 feet for any length of time. 

Im thinking you live on Denali or Mt St. Elias in Alaska

Virginia mountains highest is Mt. Rogers @ 1746  meters 

There is approx 3 feet in a meter. My. Rogers  = 5729 feet. 

A possible conversion error. Could be your jetting problem

Dude I just looked up the exact same thing, where the hell is this guy riding???????????  I lived in AK, I've ridden sleds next to Denali practically, but I never saw this guy up there?  17,000 ft????????  Wtf is he smoking???????  I am sorry to be an ass.  But, do you mean meters????????  A commercial aircraft flies between 31-38,000 feet.  You are halfway there.  I know this doesn't help, but something is amiss here!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, YZDOC said:

Thanks buddy! 

The power jet is basically open all the time however its spray bar isn't exposed to draw fuel until the slide is up above 1/3 throttle. The solenoid is only activated to plug the power jet above 8400 RPMs which I doubt the 325 sees very often. Plugging it is worth a try in your extreme situation. I'm not familiar with that 325 but if the power valve is adjustable back off the spring preload all the way or a lighter spring maybe but do whatever you have to do to make sure it's opening, that will help to migrate some oil out of the engine.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahaha. 

Well, I was thinking maybe he meant inches above sea level. Why I asked about the typo, and really didn't give a rats. 

Gone he may be, but will be back. 

1 hour ago, YZDOC said:

Well, I was thinking maybe he meant inches above sea level. Why I asked about the typo, and really didn't give a rats. 

Gone he may be, but will be back. 

Shit Doc, maybe he is halfway to the moon now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

What would jetting be on the moon I wonder?????????

LMFAO

@Bryan II

I know you talked to me already but I like to joke sorry. 

• Haha 1