Dan46

2016 vs 2021 390 re

I listen to everyone, If I had endless money I would buy each one and make my own decision.  but sence I dont I am trying to soak in all the comments and see what works. I am leaning towards just buying a new.  The more I read though the more confessed about what size to get. some love the 390 and some like the 350 better.  then every once in a while the 430 seem to be the one to get. But i will start a new topic to talk about difference between the sizes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan46 said:

I listen to everyone, If I had endless money I would buy each one and make my own decision.  but sence I dont I am trying to soak in all the comments and see what works. I am leaning towards just buying a new.  The more I read though the more confessed about what size to get. some love the 390 and some like the 350 better.  then every once in a while the 430 seem to be the one to get. But i will start a new topic to talk about difference between the sizes.

Just to upset you more the 20 390 revs much harder (quicker) than the 19 and the 19 revs much faster then the single injector 390 🙂 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KRAYNIAL said:

The '16 has a ultra-high compliance frame, which is great for comfort, not so great for holding a tight line.

The 20/'21 is a quantum leap of changes. Nothing is the same. More like a KTM; smaller ergos, stiffer frame, more oversteer, smoother better motor, etc etc

DO NOT listen to Hawaiidirbike person. He is extremely confused and can't tell the difference between  anything and always compares two different years as if they are the same thing.  Every year or two the bike change substantially in quality, feel, and performance. From 2016 to 2021 is like from a Honda Civic to an Audi SQ5. No comparison. 

Ask Kranny about 2 stroke Betas. He’s got those down!!Ask what an expert he is on those!!! 🤣🤣:ride:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

4 hours ago, Dan46 said:

Yeah if you could manage to find a guy to ride with that has a newer Beta?? Then you’d know better. .. Of course that can be easier said than done depending on where you live and  ride.  Yeah all these hypothetical choices dropped in an open forum only is going to bring about way more make believe choices . Everyone  only has a certain amount of experience on certain Betas and everyone is different in what their preference is in a bike and riding abilities and style.

Only you know and count.

I guess you collect the best options that sound good in your head and start crossing off the lesser liked choices until you only got a few choices that make the team.

It’s just if you want to spend more or less money to me.

So it’s blow a bunch more money buying newest and mods to setup or less just riding what you got and can actually spend maybe nothing. 

I still think buying a lightly used 2 stroke Beta is a good one too. You’d spend half the price of brand new and have 2 different great off-road bikes at a bargain. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

On 10/20/2020 at 3:49 AM, Dan46 said:

Also it there and after market parts that will work from 16 to 21. 

This is the list what I transferred from 2016 to 2020 model:

1. Mountain engineering clutch lever

2. GPS holder

3. Motion Pro coolant overflow bottle

4. LED headlight

5. Exhaust pipe carbon cover

6. FAN kit thermo switch

7. Cycra ultra CRM proband handguards

8. UHD tubes

List of items which do not fit (!):

1. Kick starter kit (bummer!)

2. Flywheel / Clutch side engine covers

3. Skid plate

4. Acerbis X-grip (different frame)

5. Bunch of spare gaskets, seals etc.

I know that seat is different. Don't know about silencer. Sprockets are the same.

Hope it helps!

Love my 2020 Beta:

viber_slika_2020-10-21_17-07-31.jpg.c73b30edb0da6da61d5669c09bf906a0.jpg

Edited by severian
  • Like 3

On 10/18/2020 at 5:28 PM, Dan46 said:

you are right, I will probably keep it. I currently have a big tank and seat concepts dual sport seat for the long rides.  I will setup my stock tank and get a new soft stock shape seat to give the bike a different ride feeling.  That should get me through another year.  Just was wondering if the new model was that much better.

Bottom line YES it is! Much better!
Think about it, if it wasn’t that much better why would there be a fair amount of used bikes in the market from those buying new Beta bikes. 
I own multiple “vintage” Beta’s a 2014 & 2018 models and other manufacturers machines. I found each of the new Beta bikes a major improvement over the <2019’s. 
‘IMHO 😉

• Like 1

th

On 10/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, severian said:

This is the list what I transferred from 2016 to 2020 model:

1. Mountain engineering clutch lever

2. GPS holder

3. Motion Pro coolant overflow bottle

4. LED headlight

5. Exhaust pipe carbon cover

6. FAN kit thermo switch

7. Cycra ultra CRM proband handguards

8. UHD tubes

List of items which do not fit (!):

1. Kick starter kit (bummer!)

2. Flywheel / Clutch side engine covers

3. Skid plate

4. Acerbis X-grip (different frame)

5. Bunch of spare gaskets, seals etc.

I know that seat is different. Don't know about silencer. Sprockets are the same.

Hope it helps!

Love my 2020 Beta:

viber_slika_2020-10-21_17-07-31.jpg.c73b30edb0da6da61d5669c09bf906a0.jpg

thanks for your help on what crosses over.  It doesn't sound like there is much.

After listening to everyone on here and what I have read on the 2020. I put a deposit on a new 2021. beta says It won't be in till later january.  Now it is time get the 16 ready to sell.  I will be posting a bunch of parts soon as there is more money to be made from selling after market parts then including them with the bike.

Does anyone know if I pull the fmf exhaust off and install the stock will the bike still run good with the fmf map installed?  My closest dealer is 2 hours away to get it remapped.