11 minutes ago, motoxgiant said:

+/-

It depends somewhat on whether you're riding the bike or letting it ride you as well.

Also, riding a Beta 2-stroke and 4-stroke the front end and handling are vastly different  over identical terrain and and speed.

8 minutes ago, mtdirtbag said:

Well.......after digesting the 58 previous replies & discussion the one thing I have learned is - if you're a firefighter or retired one your position is always correct and you have multiple reasons why!😋

You're definitely focusing on the right aspects of this thread then, Haha.  

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, firffighter said:

Also, riding a Beta 2-stroke and 4-stroke the front end and handling are vastly different  over identical terrain and and speed.

That's true, due in part to different power delivery, weight bias, and steering head offset. The new chassis is a sharper knife than the 18/19 chassis, which in turn was a sharper knife than previous chassis'.

• Helpful 1

38 minutes ago, mtdirtbag said:

Well.......after digesting the 58 previous replies & discussion the one thing I have learned is - if you're a firefighter or retired one your position is always correct and you have multiple reasons why!😋

lol .... right . my old fat ass always sits down .... but grown men are arguing about what hole to stick it in ...... duh .... you put it in as many holes as possible/ allowed to and see what works best . mine is in the furthest hole foreward , with a bar riser and bars turned foreward  . but i have monkey arms  .... so i say ride what you like . the adjustments are there for a reason . who cares if pro "A" says foreward , pro "B" says rear hole . screw them all and make your own decision . untill then ride on , have fun , and stick it in every hole possible !!!! 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, bellracing2 said:

lol .... right . my old fat ass always sits down .... but grown men are arguing about what hole to stick it in ...... duh .... you put it in as many holes as possible/ allowed to and see what works best . mine is in the furthest hole foreward , with a bar riser and bars turned foreward  . but i have monkey arms  .... so i say ride what you like . the adjustments are there for a reason . who cares if pro "A" says foreward , pro "B" says rear hole . screw them all and make your own decision . untill then ride on , have fun , and stick it in every hole possible !!!! 

We're all certainly in much different areas of focus on our riding! 

Some for comfort and fun. Some for increases in racing or becoming a better Enduro rider.

Still focused on  increasing speeds and performance, attention to ergos, bike setup is still a priority for some of us. 

I want to place higher next season as a newbie to the competive 50A class. No races this season with cancelling due to Covid, so I'm doing a lot of riding in a wide variety of terrain and conditions this year and no days off from this, which is what I'm doing right now! 

20201019_092249.jpg.87cc100dc5a773375260d07609bdb1b1.jpg

Different priorities for each of us, none more important than any other.  

Edited by firffighter

I had some of the same concerns when I went from riding KTMs for the past decade to a 2019 250rr. It's been addressed in some of the other responses to this thread, but what spring(s) rates are you running?  At the advice of a suspension tuner I know who does quite a bit with Betas, he suggested I go a step stiffer on the rear spring than the charts suggest. That, coupled with raising the forks in the triples help correct the "chopper" feeling the Beta can have. That greatly helped my 250rr from feeling like the front wanted to wash out so much.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

55 minutes ago, dhdrider said:

I had some of the same concerns when I went from riding KTMs for the past decade to a 2019 250rr. It's been addressed in some of the other responses to this thread, but what spring(s) rates are you running?  At the advice of a suspension tuner I know who does quite a bit with Betas, he suggested I go a step stiffer on the rear spring than the charts suggest. That, coupled with raising the forks in the triples help correct the "chopper" feeling the Beta can have. That greatly helped my 250rr from feeling like the front wanted to wash out so much.

But does it float over basketball sized rocks now? My 300 as delivered makes endless gutters full of basketball rocks fun. Seems like it'd be a trade off to go stink bug on the set up....

1 hour ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

But does it float over basketball sized rocks now? My 300 as delivered makes endless gutters full of basketball rocks fun. Seems like it'd be a trade off to go stink bug on the set up....

Nah, it torpedoes me straight into the rocks. 😁  It's not overly aggressive in it's stance/set-up.  Seems to work well... for me at least. That's all that matters. 👍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bellracing2 said:

Exactly :ride:

• Like 1

Slow the idle down,(too much locking the rear wheel) trying to go to fast, work on a nice easy flo. Your basic skills will progress much faster by slowing down.

By slowing idle down use the engine breaking and won't have to brake so hard locking it up,  riding to tight loosen up slow down the speed will come, your wearing yourself out too tense, relax.

Later George

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1