supercross Silly Season - Garrett Marchbanks

I can't figure out why he's signed with ClubMX and no one is talking about the fact that he didn't get an extension from Pro Circuit..  This guys won Daytona and was running good in SLC til he got hurt..  Are his injuries going to play a factor going forward or is he hard to work with?  What is the reasoning

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Honda-vs-KTM said:

I can't figure out why he's signed with ClubMX and no one is talking about the fact that he didn't get an extension from Pro Circuit..  This guys won Daytona and was running good in SLC til he got hurt..  Are his injuries going to play a factor going forward or is he hard to work with?  What is the reasoning

It was already said somewhere in these pages that he was dealing with both PC and Star and started playing some games negotiating to the point where they both said see ya.  

• Like 3

Mitch isn’t to high on the kid and when he started playing games Mitch said bye bye. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2

14 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

It was already said somewhere in these pages that he was dealing with both PC and Star and started playing some games negotiating to the point where they both said see ya.  

Wow - sad to hear.  Sometimes we aren't grateful enough to our own detriment.  I understand wanting to go to Star if you're on some of these other teams but I don't feel like ppl are sad to be on Pro Circuit.  The kawasaki runs just fine!

• Like 1

I think he showed a little something this year, so it's a bit of a bummer. ClubMX bikes are good, so hopefully he can open some eyes this year. Similar to Hill and Crown last year. They were in the mix still, for that team. I like Marchbanks better than Jordan Smith honestly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GBow521 said:

Mitch isn’t to high on the kid and when he started playing games Mitch said bye bye. 

Maybe Mookie was giving him contract negotiation advice?

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, ah665 said:

I think he showed a little something this year, so it's a bit of a bummer. ClubMX bikes are good, so hopefully he can open some eyes this year. Similar to Hill and Crown last year. They were in the mix still, for that team. I like Marchbanks better than Jordan Smith honestly. 

I do too.  He must have really rubbed Mitch the wrong way.

• Like 2

Yeah as young as he is and having won a SX main, he should be given a fair shot on a good ride. We'll see how it goes for him with this new team. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Not very hard to piss off ole MP and he can be a complete assh*ole to his employees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yzernie said:

Not very hard to piss off ole MP and he can be a complete assh*ole to his employees.

I've never know a SUCCESSFUL business owner that wasn't that way.  They have to have a lot of passion and it isn't always in check.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I've never know a SUCCESSFUL business owner that wasn't that way.  They have to have a lot of passion and it isn't always in check.

I absolutely agree yet don't condone his antics with his employees.  His business and he can run it however he wants.  Obviously a successful business model and good products too!!  

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:47 AM, GBow521 said:

Better choice than Craig. Star bike would benefit his size and he would be motivated to prove Mitch wrong. Star should pull their shady shit and void Craig 

57 minutes ago, GoRide2 said:

Better choice than Craig. Star bike would benefit his size and he would be motivated to prove Mitch wrong. Star should pull their shady shit and void Craig 

I'm starting to think Craig is just for sx and then move over to the 450 outdoors, whether as an extra or just to fill in for whomever gets hurt.  

10 hours ago, GoRide2 said:

I’d agree purely on age, but Craig is worth a ride. 
  Mitch doesn’t care to much for the kid. Star tried to get him until he pulled the same crap he did with Mitch and then they pulled their offer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GBow521 said:

I’d agree purely on age, but Craig is worth a ride. 
  Mitch doesn’t care to much for the kid. Star tried to get him until he pulled the same crap he did with Mitch and then they pulled their offer. 

Wonder who his "Agent" is.  Without knowing any of the details, to be denied by two of the premier teams of the sport speaks volumes.

On 10/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, OUTERLIMITS said:

Twisted is doing his engines so I'd say he's most likely on a better bike power wise. Plenty of good suspension guys. He could win it all.

10 minutes ago, yzernie said:

Wonder who his "Agent" is.  Without knowing any of the details, to be denied by two of the premier teams of the sport speaks volumes.

wasn't denied played come get me. He could have just took mitchs offer but didnt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

wasn't denied played come get me. He could have just took mitchs offer but didnt.

IMO, not getting hired by the teams after being in negotiations with them is being denied...for whatever reason it happened.  He had the opportunities and pissed them away.