‘17 FX: Need help with idle

Hey guys so I’ve installed the Cycra Powerflow intake on my ‘17 250FX and now it doesn’t want to idle well. Before I could fire it up cold and no problem it would run. Now it’s taking slightly longer to fire and if it does I can’t touch the throttle or it’ll die. My guess is that it’s running lean now because it’s letting in more air and less fuel.  

I’ve noticed if I turn up the idle screw it helps but hasn’t eliminated the problem. Does that control the fuel at idle? If so I might need to crank it up. But then that leads to idle sounding a lot faster too. Are these EFI bikes suppose to idle a lot faster?

As far as maps go I’ve got the FMF woods map just installed. Before it looks like it has the MXA map. Can’t tell if it’s making a different. Would adjusting this help? I just got the tuner so I don’t know much about it. 
As always thanks for the help guys

First adjustment point on the tuner is 4K rpm so its not affecting your idle mixture. Turning the 'choke' knob just raises or lowers the idle speed, it doesn't mess with the fuelling

Plug the tuner in and go into monitor mode and see what the rpm is at idle - it should be 1800 - 2000rpm

If that is correct, refit the original stuff and see if that fixes it, or its something else. At least you will know if its the powerflow causing the issue

Its unlikley to be this as my WR starts, idles & revs up fine without the airbox cover on at all

Edited by GuyGraham
  • Helpful 1

On 10/25/2020 at 2:49 AM, GuyGraham said:

First adjustment point on the tuner is 4K rpm so its not affecting your idle mixture. Turning the 'choke' knob just raises or lowers the idle speed, it doesn't mess with the fuelling

Plug the tuner in and go into monitor mode and see what the rpm is at idle - it should be 1800 - 2000rpm

If that is correct, refit the original stuff and see if that fixes it, or its something else. At least you will know if its the powerflow causing the issue

Its unlikley to be this as my WR starts, idles & revs up fine without the airbox cover on at all

Thanks, I'll try this. I really hope it's not the powerflow, if not I'm out $100. It'll throw off the new looks lol. But if it means to the bike is running normal so be it. The annoying thing is that runs fine on the trail. Makes me wonder if it is bad gas and the stabilizer didn't do its job?