RCH97

Advice on getting the most out of a 200?

I’m after some advice on what people have done to there 200s to get the best/most out of them, I have owned 3 and love them but after riding a few 250s and a 300 I’m contemplating a change.

I like my 200 a lot however I feel like for my riding it’s possibly being wasted?

I do mostly trails/Greenlaning in the UK, a lot of my riding is quite open and I feel like I’m always in 4-6th gear, even on the slower stuff I rarely get below 3rd. 
I have 14-48 gearing, power valve set to open late and have jetting it to my liking aiming for a smooth feel.

Is it just me or is 1st and 2nd pretty much not used on the 200?, I’m by no means a novice but not an expert rider so I understand it’s partly to do with skill, but I do find I’m always in the higher gears, can anyone give me some advice?

Im thinking of a change to a different KTM? 

I have a 200, and a 300 and can say that the 300 is way more forgiving in a higher gear and you can leave it in a higher gear and it has few problems. Just an all around great off road bike ( 300's). 

Joe

It sounds like you've learned to tune the jetting and PV for the response you want. You can do the same with the 300. Cruising around a gear high is no problem.

One of my favorite things about the 300 is that I'm not having to listen to an engine/exhaust that sounds like it's tapped out and having it's guts wringed out all the time.

My skills and requirements are higher than what the 200 is capable of. The 300 is more capable than I am, which allows me to grow my skills and I'm not concerned about getting into something the bike can't handle. Sounds like you feel you've reached a point and a realization that the 200 is holding you back.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:13 PM, RCH97 said:

I’m after some advice on what people have done to there 200s to get the best/most out of them, I have owned 3 and love them but after riding a few 250s and a 300 I’m contemplating a change.

I like my 200 a lot however I feel like for my riding it’s possibly being wasted?

I do mostly trails/Greenlaning in the UK, a lot of my riding is quite open and I feel like I’m always in 4-6th gear, even on the slower stuff I rarely get below 3rd. 
I have 14-48 gearing, power valve set to open late and have jetting it to my liking aiming for a smooth feel.

Is it just me or is 1st and 2nd pretty much not used on the 200?, I’m by no means a novice but not an expert rider so I understand it’s partly to do with skill, but I do find I’m always in the higher gears, can anyone give me some advice?

Im thinking of a change to a different KTM? 

To get the most you need to list it for a fair price around earl May.

That's what worked best for me. 😁

• Like 1