2020 300xc suspension settings

What are you guys/gals using for settings?

I swapped the spring out to a 5.4, set the forks to 159psi and tried the "normal" and "sport" settings..  in the sport mode, the front end was harsh as all get out. I went to normal +2 clicks setting and did a harescramble and I'm still not happy.. I saw on another post, people were going to 28 ish clicks.. I'm 260 without gear and mid to front C rider.

Look up the air pressure on the Racetech site. I think for your weight you're probably in the correct range, I'd guess it'll be 150s or 160s. Then, turn both clickers all the way out and go try it. From there, turn the clickers back in until you like how it feels. The PSI should be set for your weight.

I'm telling you this because until recently I was struggling with the forks as well. Then I found a thread on there that told me to do just that, so I tried it. Night and day difference. I'm at 145 PSI for my ~220 lb weight (in gear), with clickers all the way out still. The bike now eats up harsh terrain.

I sent my 19 forks and shock off to MX Tech to get theri leaf valve but once it got there they said they don't make those anymore and just did a revalve instead. Shock was minimal if any improvement (but needed service anyway) but the forks are really good for me now. Soft and plush going slow but firms up going fast. Only has a little harshness left when the front wheel slams down off a wheelie.

I'm about the same weight and skill level as you and run 148 psi in the forks, think racetech said something like 170psi, but their shock spring recommendation was spot on for me. 

Running stock setup I had about the same psi maybe a little more then backed off on the compression. Getting some good speed bleeders helps a lot to keep the harshness out or if not at least get the forks warmed up and bleed them before getting back on the trail 

11 hours ago, Dirtstache 556 said:

I sent my 19 forks and shock off to MX Tech to get theri leaf valve but once it got there they said they don't make those anymore and just did a revalve instead. Shock was minimal if any improvement (but needed service anyway) but the forks are really good for me now. Soft and plush going slow but firms up going fast. Only has a little harshness left when the front wheel slams down off a wheelie.

I'm about the same weight and skill level as you and run 148 psi in the forks, think racetech said something like 170psi, but their shock spring recommendation was spot on for me. 

Running stock setup I had about the same psi maybe a little more then backed off on the compression. Getting some good speed bleeders helps a lot to keep the harshness out or if not at least get the forks warmed up and bleed them before getting back on the trail 

i called mxtech (im only 45 min from their shop) and they told me the same thing, they didnt really even want to touch the forks unless it was going to be to change over to their spring kit. i did get the shock spring from them and it was right on with what the racetech calculator said. i have ran 159psi up front for the 7ish hours the on the bike and i understand that the suspension is still breaking in and didn't want to make any crazy changes while its still breaking in.. with their revalve, where do you have your clickers?

also, has anyone sent their suspension off to kreft or anyone else to get the midvalve sorted out? this bike doesn't see a mx track except for when a HS or GP takes us through one (and i suck at mx enough that im going to land harsh anyways...)

Yea they were telling me the same thing about their spring conversion. I was kinda pissed about the whole thing but didn't want to drag them too hard since it ended up working out good for me, but I talked to their customer service ahead of time about what I wanted to do and what the cost would be and everything and shipped my suspension up there, and then they tell me they don't do the midvalve and tried to sell me on the conversion (for $500ish more) I if not for the midvalve would of had my buddy who is local do them, but at that point I didn't want to wait another week to get my suspension back and sent off to someone else.  

Moral of the story is to make sure you talk to one of their tech directly before engaging with them vs. just their CS person. 

On 10/28/2020 at 8:51 AM, Hans Schmid said:

You can make AER forks good with just a stock revalve. I did a hard enduro setup in mine and raised the air pressure a few PSI and been using them for over a year like this. I sold the same setup to 4 other guys after they rode my bike... 

Any more details on the revalve you did? I just want to know what to tell my suspension guy in case I decide to soften them up in 20 hours.

9 hours ago, Horgh said:

Any more details on the revalve you did? I just want to know what to tell my suspension guy in case I decide to soften them up in 20 hours.

Why wait 20 hrs? 

1 hour ago, Hans Schmid said:

I will find the valving spec and PM you with them. 

PM me these if you like. I have a stock set I would like to compare to my MX Tech set up. 

On 10/30/2020 at 8:12 AM, Hans Schmid said:

I will find the valving spec and PM you with them. 

i need to remember this . i will probably go XC 300 next season . i ride wood on 500 and i did try husky TE 300 2021 and i really need to get a 300 now . 

i need the 500 for snowbike application , only reason i still have it . 

On 10/28/2020 at 8:51 AM, Hans Schmid said:

You can make AER forks good with just a stock revalve. I did a hard enduro setup in mine and raised the air pressure a few PSI and been using them for over a year like this. I sold the same setup to 4 other guys after they rode my bike... 

If you don't mind, I'd like to know more about your set up as well, were you mainly concerned with the mid valve and could you PM me the info?... Would it work well in harescramble speeds? I saw that Spyke's ktm dealer in Lafayette Indiana is a WP service center, which isn't too far from me..

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

If you don't mind, I'd like to know more about your set up as well, were you mainly concerned with the mid valve and could you PM me the info?... Would it work well in harescramble speeds? I saw that Spyke's ktm dealer in Lafayette Indiana is a WP service center, which isn't too far from me..

Hold on there son, these are trade secrets... 100s of hours of extensive testing and tuning, I don't just give this kinda stuff away for free... ???

• Like 1