neutral switch bypass ys250f 2015

Parts fiche, neutral switch indicated as item #4, link:

https://www.partspitstop.com/oemparts/a/yam/53a99d77f8700220a44159d8/electrical-1

From my understanding, it's only purpose is to alter the ECU's mapping while in neutral to pass sound test at sanctioned racing events,

depending on procedure, with the throttle held at a certain position or, at a certain rpm

it lowers the exhaust dB note a tad to pass the test.

Perhaps also makes the engine easier to start/restart than when in gear with a less aggressive spark advance?

Also guessing that in the event the switch fails in the 'on' position,

the engine's power output must be reduced as the sensor sends out the 'neutral' signal to the ECU while it's actually in gear.

'By-passing' it would be a simple matter of un-plugging it from the harness.

Not on a YZ-F but I've read a few times in the KX250F sub-forum of these switches simply left disconnected without issue.

Edited by mlatour

Well right now I dont have spark, were replacing the cap and putting a new neutral switch in. I ohmed and continuety checked the harness and all the sensors.  The sir temp in the air box is questional, but its not 80 degrees when testing it.  What is odd, when I artifically raise the temp in my shop, the ohms go down?

Ryan

4 hours ago, Ryan Menke said:

Well right now I dont have spark, were replacing the cap and putting a new neutral switch in. I ohmed and continuety checked the harness and all the sensors.  The sir temp in the air box is questional, but its not 80 degrees when testing it.  What is odd, when I artifically raise the temp in my shop, the ohms go down?

Ryan

It's a thermistor, that's how they work. Colder = more ohms, hotter = less. If you know the type you can look up the chart to tell you where you should be at x°.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:21 PM, Ryan Menke said:

How do I bypass the neutral switch on a 2015 250f? Thanx guys! I am now fixing instead of riding, and doing very , very well! Maybe I am a better Tech than a rider, sad! 

Ryan

See my post here.    I ended up shrink wrapping and electrical taping everything up. Works like a charm with my new ARC lever/perch ?

I am looking for the part number to the spring and brass pointer for the neutral switch on a 2015 yz250f.  Have a brand new switch, the original spring and brass pointer were damaged so I need to buy a new one.  Not on any parts fiches ive seen anywhere.  Hlep???????????????????????????

Ryan

I know Im putting it back to stock.  

4 hours ago, Ryan Menke said:

I am looking for the part number to the spring and brass pointer for the neutral switch on a 2015 yz250f.  Have a brand new switch, the original spring and brass pointer were damaged so I need to buy a new one.  Not on any parts fiches ive seen anywhere.  Hlep???????????????????????????

Ryan

I know Im putting it back to stock.  

Look at the parts diagram titled Shift Cam Fork.