Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 10/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, M E T A L A C I D said:

Best all around bike? Subjective question, but Ill slap up 2 possable contenders..

big-kawasaki-kmx-200-1989-200116.jpg

Honda%20XR350R%2085%20%2001.jpg

I think you nailed it. Both are EXCELLENT bikes but I lean strongly XR's !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

I've only owned Honda and KTM, and for me KTM has been for superior in the durable/longevity department.

I have ridden other peoples bikes, and for stock out of the box performance/handling, and observed durability, I lean towards Yamaha.

All bikes are fast enough at the weekend warrior level too; and they all will bite on occasion.

I knew you were either joking or plain dumb the minute you said KTM more reliable than a Honda...That's just plain stupid!  That's like saying a slice of bread is harder than a boulder.....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dwil4 said:

I knew you were either joking or plain dumb the minute you said KTM more reliable than a Honda...That's just plain stupid!  That's like saying a slice of bread is harder than a boulder.....

He may have had a mid 2000s grenade, sorry I mean CRF250.

Love how the hontards get offended when someone states his experience racing.

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BushPig said:

He may have had a mid 2000s grenade, sorry I mean CRF250.

Love how the hontards get offended when someone states his experience racing.

What other brand in the 2000s had reliability problems? Let me ponder this 

 

E837F3A0-6E7B-4EF6-B455-0335BB315FE5.jpeg

  • Angry 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dwil4 said:

I knew you were either joking or plain dumb the minute you said KTM more reliable than a Honda...That's just plain stupid!  That's like saying a slice of bread is harder than a boulder.....

That's why I used the phrase "for me", as there are many variables involved.

And yes, my Honda's were the early to mid 2k's.

 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BushPig said:

He may have had a mid 2000s grenade, sorry I mean CRF250.

Love how the hontards get offended when someone states his experience racing.

Hon-tards? Suh you have offended us, prepare for a duel!image.png.22fc5fc466998b2cb315e0988178a67d.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BushPig said:

He may have had a mid 2000s grenade, sorry I mean CRF250.

Love how the hontards get offended when someone states his experience racing.

Stay in the Bush and be quiet you pig...😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bigfatredpig said:

What other brand in the 2000s had reliability problems? Let me ponder this 

 

E837F3A0-6E7B-4EF6-B455-0335BB315FE5.jpeg

I rode a KTM back in the early 90's and it was either an 88 or 89, im pretty sure those early KTMs had stricter quality control than the junk they are pushing on us newer consumers. It was pretty tough, It had the USD forks, new back then, and a nice tractable power output for a dude like me. Alot of new stuff is garbage...

550dxc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ktm 250xc. I do everything from gnarly hard Enduro type stuff to motocross. It handles everything great. But any similar cross country style bike would probably fill that role well. Yz250x, yz250fx, crf250rx, kx250xc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

Can't believe no one's mentioned the Mighty Cannondale 450 EFI's :devil:

I had one, was actually way ahead of its time.  yamaha has since copied the reverse cylinder configuration injection in the front and exhaust out the back, was fuel injected, had elec start, some very nice components. Issue was it was too loud for california parks. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bite me said:

I had one, was actually way ahead of its time.  yamaha has since copied the reverse cylinder configuration injection in the front and exhaust out the back, was fuel injected, had elec start, some very nice components. Issue was it was too loud for california parks. 

 

My mate still has his. Lost count how many times he blew it up. But, you're right, it did have some great innovations for It's time 👍

I'm pretty sure my mate has blown his up every time he's ridden it :D. He is very fast though. 2 x Australian 500cc Grand Prix champ. Beat Wayne Gardner both times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bigfatredpig said:

What other brand in the 2000s had reliability problems? Let me ponder this 

 

E837F3A0-6E7B-4EF6-B455-0335BB315FE5.jpeg

 

7 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Hon-tards? Suh you have offended us, prepare for a duel!image.png.22fc5fc466998b2cb315e0988178a67d.png

 

4 hours ago, dwil4 said:

Stay in the Bush and be quiet you pig...😁

Looks like you all want to defend Honda's honour. Cool.

That's because Honda riders stick together.

At least most Yamaha fans can be adults.

images (1).jpeg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You build your stable that suits you and family members. 

Freaking love my KX 100 and despise the TTR 110, all the quads are noteworthy. 

 

20201030_153347.jpg

20201030_153206.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BushPig said:

 

 

Looks like you all want to defend Honda's honour. Cool.

That's because Honda riders stick together.

At least most Yamaha fans can be adults.

images (1).jpeg

Show me on this doll where the Honda touched you. 

  • Angry 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Rod21 said:

Freaking love my KX 100 and despise the TTR 110, all the quads are shyteworthy. 

FIFY

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

FIFY

Creditable comment?

But when you ride quads you need to move like passenger in sidecar racing. 

I can't do that with a two wheelers without fear of falling off.

Well, maybe not to that extreme 

 

Edited by Rod21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rod21 said:

Creditable comment?

But when you ride quads you need to move like passenger in sidecar racing. 

I can't do that with a two wheelers without fear of falling off.

Well, maybe not to that extreme 

 

I can easily imagine big Shrubby on an outlander 1000 :D. Knowing him as well as one can over the net, I also reckon he'd love it lol.

I had a blast on my Polaris Outlaw. I'd buy another quad if more mates had them.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rod21 said:

Creditable comment?

They do poorly on alpine mountain single track. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost all the ST makers around here, with the exception of one person, use quads to build trails.

If it goes fast, is fun to ride/drive, has an engine, or motor, I'm all in. "Variety is the spice of life".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...