Girl Race Bike

My son Ty’s Girlfriend Maddie just picked up this sweet race bike that Morgan Tanke raced at Hare & Hound.  We have been long time friends with Morgan and her family. 

Maddie had a CRF 250, she rode and did some racing before ever meeting Ty. She wanted something more versatile and a 2t. Thought about a TM or new Beta, but then Ty had the idea if she could get Morgan’s race bike as is that would be a great setup for her, it wouldn’t need any mods and would be way less expensive than a new bike. So after the last H&H (which Morgan won) the deal was made. Bike has less than 30 hours and the team mechanics have obviously kept it in top shape! 

It is a sweet bike, all the usual team setup. They never have skimped because it’s a girls bike. Also nice that it’s lowered 1” and suspension setup for racing with a light short rider.  

7485AECB-223F-44F6-8E1E-4583654E4FFF.jpeg

• Like 14

Nice score. We were talking to Morgan's Dad in 2018 at Denver Endurocross about Betas. Two months later, we had 3 Betas in the garage. 

• Haha 1

What I'm seeing is, Winners can win with Sachs.

Edited by Odysseus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Shhhhhhhhhh. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great purchase. Now about picking a team members bike for sale after the season...where do I sign up for that?

Since there's no press on the Endurocross season, how about a little update? Sounds like Utah is cancelled and all the rounds will be at Gelen Helen?

3 hours ago, Odysseus said:

If your a girl🙋‍♀️😂

47 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Great purchase. Now about picking a team members bike for sale after the season...where do I sign up for that?

Since there's no press on the Endurocross season, how about a little update? Sounds like Utah is cancelled and all the rounds will be at Gelen Helen?

So here’s the deal on that. The rider can buy the bike and then turn around and re-sell it.  However what usually happens is the riders give them back to Beta and Beta fixes them all up and sells them to dealers. These bikes usually have new frames, wheels, rebuilt suspension etc.  They are good deals. Most of the time you wouldn’t want to buy a race bike as is at the end of the season, we just know how Morgan rides so this bike is good👍

As far as EX goes it’s not been great. First round had an electrical issue (had to change wiring harness) 2nd round had some big jumps that Ty wasn’t doing, so that was costing him about a second a lap. 

3rd round they made the track more technical and Ty found his groove and was 5th in hot laps. Unfortunately he crashed hard in moto 1. His side, knee and  elbow are all messed up. Soldiered through the other two motos, but couldn’t do much. Now one day later we’re here again and he can barely walk. We’ll see how it goes. 

• Helpful 1

All the beta women racers seem pretty cool.  Ran into our local girl Rachel Gutish at the TN TKO and walked part of the track with her and saw her at the Ironman GNCC race. Really approachable and down to earth. I should have asked about picking up her bike. Darn it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cullins said:

Now one day later we’re here again and he can barely walk. We’ll see how it goes. 

Sorry to hear that, hopefully he loosens up and doesn't have any serious injuries. Good luck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Sorry to hear that, hopefully he loosens up and doesn't have any serious injuries. Good luck.

This is exactly how we feel about being at GH again for the 4th race. Not to mention coming back again on Monday and Tuesday.  It may be close, but would rather make the drive up to Idaho.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-l_4TgxcD/?igshid=1515v3oue13w4

• Like 1