Subtle slow weave I experience with 2007 YZ 250F

So I have owned a number of YZ-F's over the years, along with a ton of other bikes.  I just picked up a 2007 YZ -F in really good shape, went thru it well cleaning, adjusting, and making sure of what I bought here.  My sag is too much right now, as I could not spin the adjuster any more without removing the subframe to allow better access to the shock and the collar, which I will do this week.  Instead of the usual 100mm or so of sag, I probably have 110mm.  I also noticed that I have a slightly bent handlebar, which I did not notice when test-riding the bike...so it it not really much of a tweak but still not perfect.  Anyway...today was my first ride on the bike at the track and also the trail and I felt this minor weave the seemed to have the bike making minor back and forth adjustments seemingly on it's own.  My steering stem is not too loose or tight and the bars easily move thru the normal arc of the turning radius.  So...aside from maybe the bent bars or the sag allowing the bike to sort of "chopper out" a little right now...can you think of any other reason I might feel this slow weaving motion as I ride in a straight line?

22 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Probably bad bearings. I'd say most likely wheel but it could be swingarm, linkage or shock bearings.

Could also be tire, rim or hub related.

Thanks for the info.  My wheels both spin freely, so I am thinking my wheel bearings should be fine.  There is no play in the swingarm and no looseness, but the bearings could still have issues, of course.

23 minutes ago, thsp485 said:

Thanks for the info.  My wheels both spin freely, so I am thinking my wheel bearings should be fine.  There is no play in the swingarm and no looseness, but the bearings could still have issues, of course.

Bad wheel bearings will spin freely. Put the bike on a stand and grab the top and bottom of the wheel and look for side to side play.

• Like 1

Thanks for the thoughts on this matter.  I am tackling the sag deal today, then inspect again everything else.  My wheels have no slop or play side-to-side and no wobble, the swingarm seems fine, and the forks swing easily from side to side. so I believe the head races are OK.  Maybe it is just the sag being way off and the bar bend that caused this feeling.  I appreciate the help !!